The Halo Spartan Strike and Assault OSTs are sorely underrated

PHIL0S0PHY

This soundtrack, composed by Tom Salta, is the most underrated in the series. This soundtrack is also the best sound track post reach.

What Tom Salta does is respects the original trilogy's music, while using elements of the soundtracks in 4 and 5 as well, and it is really good. It is the most compelling sound track I have heard in Halo ever since 343i took up the Halo mantle.

I am not saying the sound tracks in Halo 4 and 5 are bad, they are good, but I feel there should be a mix of the old from the Halo trilogy and the new.

Tom Salta is a musical genius, who did well with the Halo SA and S soundtrack, and the soundtracks deserve much more praise.

This is all my opinion, so what do you think?

• Like 1

I didn't care for Spartan Assault so I didn't care too much about it.

I still need to finish Spartan Strike though, it's oddly confusing for a game since it takes place in Halo 2's New Mombasa but escalates to Requim, and is literally only supposed to reenact Halo: 3 ODST but whatever.

So far that games soundtrack is good

I didn't care for Spartan Assault so I didn't care too much about it.

I still need to finish Spartan Strike though, it's oddly confusing for a game since it takes place in Halo 2's New Mombasa but escalates to Requim, and is literally only supposed to reenact Halo: 3 ODST but whatever.

So far that games soundtrack is good

I don't know much about the games besides the music, I only listened to the OST on youtube

I don't know much about the games besides the music, I only listened to the OST on youtube

Laaaame. All Halo fan's play all the games, Spartan Assault was even free! Spartan Strike requires a PC.

Anyways, Spartan Assault is about Spartan Palmer and why she's so "Cool." it's a backstory for her.

Spartan Strike is about how Spartan's are able to re-enact ODST's campaign, but it goes haywire. I haven't finished it yet to fully understand it.

Laaaame. All Halo fan's play all the games, Spartan Assault was even free! Spartan Strike requires a PC.

Anyways, Spartan Assault is about Spartan Palmer and why she's so "Cool." it's a backstory for her.

Spartan Strike is about how Spartan's are able to re-enact ODST's campaign, but it goes haywire. I haven't finished it yet to fully understand it.

I just haven't been able to to play them, I plan to play Spartan Assault, but I don't have a PC to play Spartan Strike.

This soundtrack, composed by Tom Salta, is the most underrated in the series. This soundtrack is also the best sound track post reach.

What Tom Salta does is respects the original trilogy's music, while using elements of the soundtracks in 4 and 5 as well, and it is really good. It is the most compelling sound track I have heard in Halo ever since 343i took up the Halo mantle.

I am not saying the sound tracks in Halo 4 and 5 are bad, they are good, but I feel there should be a mix of the old from the Halo trilogy and the new.

Tom Salta is a musical genius, who did well with the Halo SA and S soundtrack, and the soundtracks deserve much more praise.

This is all my opinion, so what do you think?

I can agree but only if you listen to the soundtrack standalone. As its not implmented well in the game for you to fully appreciate it until you can hear the full version standalone. 

• Like 1

I can agree but only if you listen to the soundtrack standalone. As its not implmented well in the game for you to fully appreciate it until you can hear the full version standalone.

I don't think Tom Salta was as involved in the game as Marty O'Donnel was, so I wouldn't blame the composer but the designers and editors

I don't think Tom Salta was as involved in the game as Marty O'Donnel was, so I wouldn't blame the composer but the designers and editors

Oh no I don't blame him its just the way its been put in the game. As I said its a nice OST but its not put in the game as well as it could be.

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1