Grifball

Ranger Oz

Hello everyone!

So I have already posted about this on Waypoint, but figured why not share it on here! I know there are plenty of people having issues with certain aspects of Grifball, but I want to try and address a few things that may help.

1. Betrayals and Team Killing

Before I get a million comments about how the betrayal booting should be taken out or left in or blah blah blah, I want you to know that I personally agree with having betrayal booting and team killing present in Grifball. They are part of the game and although frustrating at times, they deserve to be there. BUT I think they can be tweaked a little to help make it less annoying.

How? Well for starters, we could make it so teammates only do 50% damage to each other. Why 50%? Well, the way I see it is if you are only doing half the damage to your mates you are only killing them half as often. This would make things much easier, but not be so much of a change that you can't take out your anger on that one troll on your team who is killing you every time you get the ball.

Secondly, it would help if the "Okay" or "Forgive" option was first in the selection screen that pops up after you have been betrayed for the hundredth time by your buddy. I can't tell you how many times I have booted my friends simply because my trigger finger mashes the "A" button to get back into the action as quickly as possible after being in a heated battle on the field. And, likewise, I have also been booted on many an occasion for the same reason. Sounds simple, I know, but I think it would help a lot and others have agreed on the Waypoint forums.

2. Wall Walking

Lastly, and this one is more of a gameplay issue, I would like the map boundary to be lower. Many a game I have been defeated not because the other team got more kills or had the better skill, but because one of their members knew how to get up on the wall o the map and simply walk over to the top of my goal and slam down into it. I taught myself how to get up there just to counter this, but seeing as most players don't know how to do this and even if you do, when you get up there it is a 1v1 against the guy with the ball (usually a loss for whoever doesn't have the ball) I think this provides a hugely unfair advantage. This could easily be fixed by a nice invisible wall (or ceiling in this case) or a killzone, either way though I think it has to happen!

Sorry for the longest post ever, but I'm sure many will agree with at least one of these suggestions, as quite a few have on Waypoint. If anyone had posted these before, I sincerely apologize if it looks like I took your ideas, but these came to me after a few matches back when Grifball was finally released!

Thoughts?

There are quite a few things wrong with Grifball right now. Everything you mentioned is definitely a problem.

I also found that Hammer swing time is too fast, Hammers have too large an area of effect, and Swords miss the ball carrier while he's running sometimes when you're scoped in. Hammers have ridiculous lunge sometimes as well. I haven't played against anyone that walked on the shield walls yet but those kids are extreme tryhards and need to be reported for cheating.

I hope March brings the fixes we want in Grifball.

• Like 1

There are quite a few things wrong with Grifball right now. Everything you mentioned is definitely a problem.

I also found that Hammer swing time is too fast, Hammers have too large an area of effect, and Swords miss the ball carrier while he's running sometimes when you're scoped in. Hammers have ridiculous lunge sometimes as well. I haven't played against anyone that walked on the shield walls yet but those kids are extreme tryhards and need to be reported for cheating.

I hope March brings the fixes we want in Grifball.

Also you cant forget about what made Grifball Lengendary in the first place and on Waypoint I have gotten into arguments about it and that is that the game needs to return to round matches and the ball needs to explode killing everyone around them like it use to. I hate seeing stars and fireworks after scoring. 

The game mode has been butchered.

• Like 2

I haven't played against anyone that walked on the shield walls yet but those kids are extreme tryhards and need to be reported for cheating.

Ni Nihon does it, but she just gets out of the map and explores. Every now and then killing herself and getting booted for suicides. That was up until I told her to knock it off because it's dumb, and not worthy material to be doing.

As for cheating, I have yet to see it as well. If that's really a thing, I can't believe I didn't think of it before. Probably because there's supposed to be invisible blockers. As I have seen in a forge session on this map, they just simple don't transfer. Letting players escape. (The ball isn't even supposed to be able to be thrown out of the map because of this, but the invisible blockers despawn, ruining the map)

As for cheating, I have yet to see it as well. If that's really a thing, I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

Yeah, sadly it is a thing, and I am inclined to agree with you Drizzy that it should be reported. Like I said, I taught myself to do it but strictly to try and kill the person who does it first, then I immediately jump down. It just isn't fair.

I also agree that the hammer has a pretty ridiculous lunge sometimes. And it doesn't seem to be consistent, might just be me but I find that it varies for some reason. I am also hoping the upcoming updates fix some of these issues. I have been playing Grifball since it started way back in the day and although I still enjoy, I definitely think there are some improvements needed like all of you mentioned.

I would like to see the round matches and exploding ball again as well Edward, even if it were just a sub-type game in Grifball to play either match-wise or one continuous game like it is now.

In all honesty, Griffball was alright. It's not "the best".

Exploits have always been around right through from Halo 3. I don't get why there is the sudden uproar.

One thing I am certain on though is "GRIFFBALL IS BUTCHERED, REACHBALL OR RIOT!". I don't get this obsession with killing Halo. The round ending after each score is just so annoying. When you score, you're ready to run back and go for another. But, of course, the round end just ruined it. You lose your drive watching that same old loadout screen.