Is old shool halo finally ready for new school halo?

jaymore012

I've been a halo fan since CE. I believe halo needs significant changes to gameplay. Although Im not sure how aiming with an AR works, but it would be awesome to finally aim down the sights of an AR. I also want to see a LMG type weapon in Halo 4. When you aim down the sights it won't effect your speed because that would slow down gameplay. The headshot weapons of course would have scopes(buy differ types of scopes?), so that wouldn't be a change, which isn't bad.

Recoil would be good because it would require expierence and skill with the weapon you use. It's better than bloom because it's not annoying and lucky. As for player size and server:

Big Team Battle needs to be like the battlefield 3 of halo. I feel Bungie could've made Invasion way more awesome in Reach. I would LUV! to see a quickmatch playlist for replacing the quitters. Im sick of that crap.

Whatever 343i is doing I hope it's alot different than any other halo game. It's the 4TH HALO! I know some people who are tired of halo because it's always the same old school FPS that they've been playing for over ten years, so it collects dust while they play CoD or GoW instead. I can't blame them.

Halo needs a change...

I am with you on having a new gaming experience, but still want the "Halo" feeling in the game. Halo should always be Halo, not a combination of other games. Halo games had always set the standard and I hope they continue to do so. Reach may not have been the success Bungie wanted for it's final game, but they did try to offer a new experience. You can't fault them for that. Halo 4 has to incorporate the weapons, campaign, MM and ranking that existed in previous games and bring them to new level. Keeping touch with the roots of the game is needed, because another wholesale change could alienate fans again.

Nice OP.

i disagree. i think ADS and weapon customization would take away from what Halo truly is. halo doesn't need to take ideas from other games. i think thats why halo CE turned out so good. it was just a few guys' ideas. nothing from other games or fan suggestions, just them. now i think 343i should defiantly listen to their fan's suggestions, but just trust their gut, not taking other games ideas or major changes to gameplay unless it still feels like halo. now some fan's ideas are great, but some want it to change dramatically, leaning more towards CoD and other FPS's. i say 343i should listen to their fans but not take every idea from them. they should think up stuff on their own and take a few suggestions, not all of them.

This is an example of the fact that 343ind. is working hard, through people leaving and coming onto the project, to bring us a new game that requires the team be "on board" with creating the best game possible.

halo4cg610.jpg

UPDATE: Microsoft has provided an official response to the news of Ryan Payton's departure from 343. Here's the full statement:

"343 Industries has assembled an all-star cast of talent working on Halo 4 under the design leadership of Studio and “Halo 4” Creative Director, Josh Holmes. We're excited to tell the next story in the Halo universe with Halo 4 as the first game in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Ryan Payton, who left earlier this summer, served as Narrative Designer on Halo 4 for 15 months. Armando Troisi was hired as the Halo 4 Narrative Director in March, having formerly served as the Lead Cinematic Designer on Mass Effect 2. Ryan has been a great friend and colleague during his tenure at 343 Industries and we appreciate his contributions to the team. We wish Ryan the best in his new game development venture."

ORIGINAL STORY: Creative director Ryan Payton has left Halo 4 saying he's "drained," and that he wasn't "creatively excited" about the game anymore.

"I had a great run at Microsoft, I don't regret one day of it," he told

Kotaku. "But after a few years, there came a point where I wasn't creatively excited about the project anymore."

He says that he thinks the game won't be bad, it just won't be the one he wants. "The Halo I wanted to build was fundamentally different, and I don't think I had built enough credibility to see such a crazy endeavor through."

Payton has already started his own studio – Camouflaj –and is working on two projects.

Head over to

Kotaku for more from Payton.

Halo 4 comes out for Xbox 360 toward the end of 2012.

There should be a lot of different starting weapons. There could be marksman weapons like the BR, DMR, and M6D pistol. Then automatic weapons like the AR, SMG, Plasma Repeater, and LMG. I don't think aiming down the sights would take the core gameplay of halo away. You aim the DMR and BR with a scope, so why not with the AR, SMG, etc. They could have one of those smaller scopes with 2x zoom. Or there could just be a new AR with a scope. Imagine an automatic BR.

I've been a halo fan since CE. I believe halo needs significant changes to gameplay. Although Im not sure how aiming with an AR works, but it would be awesome to finally aim down the sights of an AR. I also want to see a LMG type weapon in Halo 4. When you aim down the sights it won't effect your speed because that would slow down gameplay. The headshot weapons of course would have scopes(buy differ types of scopes?), so that wouldn't be a change, which isn't bad.

Recoil would be good because it would require expierence and skill with the weapon you use. It's better than bloom because it's not annoying and lucky. As for player size and server:

Big Team Battle needs to be like the battlefield 3 of halo. I feel Bungie could've made Invasion way more awesome in Reach. I would LUV! to see a quickmatch playlist for replacing the quitters. Im sick of that crap.

Whatever 343i is doing I hope it's alot different than any other halo game. It's the 4TH HALO! I know some people who are tired of halo because it's always the same old school FPS that they've been playing for over ten years, so it collects dust while they play CoD or GoW instead. I can't blame them.

Halo needs a change...

If they put ADS in a halo game, I will seriously kill people. Halo reach ruined the halo gameplay already. Halo does not need these horrible ideas and that is why it is set apart from other shooters.