The Semi Weekly Site Poll 14

Caboose The Ace

Guess what day it is? Monday (Depending on the timezone or time you read this) but what makes Monday so special? Site poll time is the answer, so lets begin with an awesome picture!

halo-5-guardians-blue-team.jpg?w=736

Halo 5 is obviously the most recent entry in the franchise and also set a few records such as being the fastest selling Xbox One exclusive. It did have a fantastic hype campaign after all I will give it that. This weeks question will touch upon arguably one of the most controversial topics in the Halo franchise to date.

Were you satisfied with the campaign's length?

Yes, no, sort of? Let me know!

As per usual: Voting ends on November 16th, If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me.

Happy voting, JXZAW out. :)

No. The Campaign "lore" missions were so annoying and those really short Osiris missions too. You can tell Multiplayer was a main focus.

The Campaign also lacked, well, plot. The only real plot point is the whole Cortana thing. I would've liked more Sanghelios plot or more Chief vs Lock.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the Campaign and I'm looking forward to Halo 6.

• Like 1

I am not satisfied with Halo 5. The game was in development for 3 years, and the only thing I have seen them focus on is their REQ system. The campaign was alright for the length, but sucked overall in story-depth. 

Multiplayer is trash, there's literally 15 maps at launch, but for some reason 5 in a playlist. One of the 15 maps is pretty much a reskin and an "adjustment" of platforms. *Looks at Regret and Truth and how much similar they are.* A couple others look like quickly forged and "slapped" together maps.  Forge... Hell, it's not even here because it's not available at launch. Disappointing as well. But apparently they can use the maps to their will, we cannot.

So Kakashi confuses me on the part about "Multiplayer was the main focus" In all honesty, what the hell has 343 done for the past 3 years? I mean, the game's broken but not as bad as MCC. Which doesn't really matter to me, because MCC was pretty much released just for the campaign and H2A remake. 

Overall, I am not happy with anything in Halo 5 or anything 343i has done lately. Halo Wars better be good, or I will be pissed as hell and I will be resigning from Halo and moving to a more successful franchise. Even if it's CoD. At least it succeeds and fits the players approvals.

• Like 1

Spoilers below, click at your own risk!

So, for reference, I did my first playthrough solo on Legendary difficulty and it took me ~12 hours, with about an hour of that dedicated to the Warden fights. It took me about eight hours to do Halo 4.

But overall? No, I was really disappointed with the campaign's length. Mostly that's because very long sections of the game just felt unnecessarily padded - I started noticing this around the start of Osiris' second mission, 'Glassed', shortly after exiting the Space Elevator, when you're locked into the big open area with the sniper rifles on one side and the turret control on the other. So, I tried to be clever and took the path over to the left, hoping to get a height advantage over the Prometheans... only to discover that as soon as I got up there another group spawned in right on top of me. No big, killed those, and then dealt with the rest down below - after which one of the squadmates yelled that we should go to the far side and turn on the turrets. As I'd almost killed everything I assumed this was a plot trigger, so I went to do it... triggered another enemy group. And once I'd killed those, yet another group of enemies spawned in, meaning I'd been locked into the exact same combat area for around 15 minutes with nothing to do but shoot the same two types of enemies.

Understand, the problem wasn't that I was getting killed - I think I got downed once when I failed to get into cover in time, but the AI got me up, so it wasn't a big issue. And it's not that my aim was poor - I was hitting most of my shots, according to the hitmarkers. But the sheer number of enemies spawned in that one little area, meant that it took what felt like hours to clear, and I'd exhausted almost all the ammunition in the area by the time I could advance.

And having noticed it there, I started noticing it pretty much everywhere afterwards. Halo 5 seems to be built very heavily on a philosophy that if something is fun once it's worth doing two or three more times, and this only gets more ridiculous as the game goes on. You move forward, you get locked into an area, and you're just told to keep killing enemies until the door ahead unlocks  not, of course, that you ever know how many more waves you need to beat. This is taken to ridiculous levels in the last fight on 'Guardians', where after Cortana locks you in the dome you're forced to complete the same fight no less than six times - and yes, I counted.

What's particularly frustrating is that this happens a lot more with the Prometheans than the Covenant, and the Prometheans are somehow even less fun to fight than they were in Halo 4 - something I'd once have believed impossible. The Covenant have their typical diverse variety of enemies, with Grunts, Jackals, Elites, and Hunters, with a wide range of weapons and more than a few vehicles to keep things interesting. But the Prometheans are basically just the same Soldiers and Crawlers all game long, with almost no variety in terms of weapons and tactics, and even Knights only show up rarely now (which is a big shame as they're now actually pretty fun to fight). Meanwhile, the Warden is just tedious to deal with, and you fight him something like seven times - and the worst part is that he's not even particularly relevant to the plot, he's just a recurring boss fight for the sake of having a recurring boss fight.

So overall? If the campaign hadn't been so repetitive, I would probably have been disappointed with its length. But because it was padded and repetitive, I'm disappointed and frustrated with it, and while I can imagine it's probably a lot more fun in co-op, I just don't really have the desire to go back to it.

• Like 1

Alright everyone its been a week so lets tally the results up and find the winner in all this. :)

*drumroll*

And the winner is....

No.Out of everyone who voted it was universal that overall nobody was satisfied with the length of the campaign.

As always thanks everyone for voting and until next time!