What style of maps were your favorites and want to see in Halo 4.

Absolute Dog

My personal favorite maps always had numerous elevation changes whether they were city maps like "Turf" in Halo 2, The Pit and Valhalla in Halo3 or Sword Base in Reach. There were many others, but these stand out as prime examples. Multi level structures in a city environment similar to Headlong were able to handle a larger number of players and Turf was four on four and provided great slayer and objective play. Landscape maps such as Waterworks and Containment had so many points of attack and supported vehicle use as well as Containment's functional gates. Most maps I have mention were easily fought on foot but supported vehicles.

What kind of maps would you like and do you see the need for more maps that offer vehicles of some sort? What maps were your favorites from the past games and would like to see a similar style in Halo 4?

Edit: @ 7:45pm eEST

Having a map with 2 to 3 structures with stairs and lifts, streets to navigate with vehicles. High altitude mountain range maps with roads and foot paths that overlook the roads with man cannons that can launch you from on hill top to the other. Underground maps of sewer tunnels that are large enough for vehicles and have multiple smaller tunnels that occasionally drop into the larger ones from above or sides. Finally one that has heavy vegetation with winding paths and low hills and a high tree canopy allowing shafts of light through.

What would you like to see if you could create one?

Edited by Absolute Dog

i like maps like Valhalla with vehicles on them but they're not so big that you need them to get around easily, so i would prefer more maps like Valhalla in halo 4 but i wouldn't be disappointed with maps similar to sword base or countdown because those are good maps too

i like maps like Valhalla with vehicles on them but they're not so big that you need them to get around easily, so i would prefer more maps like Valhalla in halo 4 but i wouldn't be disappointed with maps similar to sword base or countdown because those are good maps too

True, Countdown has become the classic slayer map, much like Guardian was in H3. Warlock and Lockout were their predecessors and we great 2v2, 4v4 and objective maps. Reach did not ship with any vehicle maps that supported 4v4 or 4v4 objective game types. Halo 2 and 3 had a lot of them.

True, Countdown has become the classic slayer map, much like Guardian was in H3. Warlock and Lockout were their predecessors and we great 2v2, 4v4 and objective maps. Reach did not ship with any vehicle maps that supported 4v4 or 4v4 objective game types. Halo 2 and 3 had a lot of them.

vehicle maps are a key component of halo MP imo, i was disappointed in reach with the lack of them when it launched, so i hope 4 has a few during launch

Valhalla, Sand Trap, Guardian, and Even Rat's Nest. Valhalla is great because of the layout and spawn points. And the fact that equipment and weapons spawned at the base, where you can grab it right away, potentially helping you take down a Wraith or Banshee waiting nearby. Unlike in various maps in Reach, where you have nothing to counter those vehicles circling the spawn points, leading you a near instant death.

And at least you had the ability to spawn on the other base, away from vehicles.

Anyway, Sandtrap is one of my favorite maps. It was a huge map, not complicated, Spartan Lasers and trip mines on each side, allowing for great anti-vehicular support. Maps like that would be great.

"The pit" in H3. We need more maps like this. The pit is probably my favorite map ever just ahead of halo 2's sanctuary or maybe containment if we are talking big team maps. Multi flag BR's on the pit is by far my favorite gametype/map to play. Please have the pit in H4! We need more simple and identical maps where there really is no spawn advantage. Long live symmetrical maps.