Disabling the MP In-game text/battle report

Kokonite

Option for disabling the In-game MP battle report  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to change how the in-game battle report appears to you during MP?

• Hell yes!! I can't see the crosshair.
    • Don't care... I play alone.
    • Just make it shorter.
    • Take it down completely. Don't need it.
    • Shorter and just about me, I want revenge!!

Hi there, I have been meaning to post this for a while. Is there a way to disable all that text that we get when we either die or kill or even when someone else dies during the MP?

The thing is that we do a lot of games with more than 1 player per xbox over here since I'm the one with the big screen, but even with that we sometimes have trouble seing the game with all that chatter in the screen.

So, if disabling isn´t (yet) a option, I would like to propose it for future changes that the dev's could do if more people agree with me.

There are other options, like for instance:

-Make it shorter (change all the description of " Xxxxxxxxxxxx sniped Yyyyyyyyy" for something with Icons that translate the weapon used or the way the player died, Also to make it shorter, instead of the gamertag it could appear just the game service tag, wayyy shorter.)

-I for one don't really need to know who kills who, I just need to know who killed me, so maybe an option to just show who killed me - but also shorter.

-Or, take it down completely, maybe there are players who don't really care about it.

Thank you and hf.

• Like 1

I'd have to say that it really doesn't bother me that much, but i can see where you're coming from, if you have 3 players on 1 screen the text can get in the way a bit. The only thing I do like about it is when someone gets sniped and for some reason i don't hear it, it gives me a heads up to keep my head down :)

I always seem to get games where people take up all 16 characters for their GamerTag (xxxXXxjayblahblahloosernoobxxx) and when it says something like

"XXXXXXXXXXXXxxstupidnewb sniped xxxxjwlasdoijtl"

and there are things like that, it takes up about half of my 60 inch screen, and I can't see where ANYONE is behind it (terrible when I'm a sniper) so I definitely think it should be ONE line rather than THREE or have (like you said) Service Tag, symbol such as sniper medal or headshot medal, and not make it take up SO MUCH of the screen. This is a wonderful idea, and I hope they adopt something like this either in HR, or in future Halo games. Great idea, wonderful post, thank you.