Rated T is the best thing to happen to Halo.

Sniper0092

Seriously, I don't think Halo is that violent. The reason why games like Gears of War is M is because of the gore and heavy cursing, which is unlike Halo. Even if some of the books or comics went a bit too far.

I always thought Halo reminded me of a PG-13 movie, mild cursing and blood. I am perfectly fine with rated T.

• Like 1

Yes, but you're not looking at it the right way. Halo: Combat Evolved was gory, so the rest of the games in the series go by the tradition of being gory. However, since things have been tuned down since then. E.X. Blood spill, and such. They must have talked to ESRB into lowering the rating, I think it has something to do with the eSports stuff.

There is no sex, there is no drugs, and there is no heavy cursing. While that is all true, most games carry on the ESRB Rating if they continue the series. Take note of that word, "most." However, the suggestive content or "Easter Eggs" that may be explicit, do not affect this in anyway. 

As always, ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. So it has nothing to do with online.

And since they're making it Rated-T, this will be a good choice. Since most of the kids nowadays want their parents to buy them Rated-M games, this may loosen up Halo to fit its actual audience and favorites.

In the end, this is a very good choice to happen on ESRB, 343i's, and Microsoft's part.

• Like 1

Yes, but you're not looking at it the right way. Halo: Combat Evolved was gory, so the rest of the games in the series go by the tradition of being gory. However, since things have been tuned down since then. E.X. Blood spill, and such. They must have talked to ESRB into lowering the rating, I think it has something to do with the eSports stuff.

There is no sex, there is no drugs, and there is no heavy cursing. While that is all true, most games carry on the ESRB Rating if they continue the series. Take note of that word, "most." However, the suggestive content or "Easter Eggs" that may be explicit, do not affect this in anyway. 

As always, ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. So it has nothing to do with online.

And since they're making it Rated-T, this will be a good choice. Since most of the kids nowadays want their parents to buy them Rated-M games, this may loosen up Halo to fit its actual audience and favorites.

In the end, this is a very good choice to happen on ESRB, 343i's, and Microsoft's part.

The most "socially excepted" games like Mario or Sonic are for kids, can you imagine how many more kids could get access to Halo now that it is T? Being T could get it more mainstream attention.

The most "socially excepted" games like Mario or Sonic are for kids, can you imagine how many more kids could get access to Halo now that it is T? Being T could get it more mainstream attention.

Yes, but Nintendo isn't something kids want today either. They either want an Xbox or a PlayStation. They think now that they're "old enough." They want in on the newer mainstream stuff. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy my Nintendo as much as my Xbox and PlayStation. It's just kids look at it at a different viewpoint.

Rated-T might be getting it the attention Halo deserves. However, we'll find out by the time it's released.

didyouknow-logo-web.png

Rated-T games get the least attention out of all games?

This could bring in the fans, but at the same time it might punish newcomers.

• Like 1

PEGI is still giving it the same rating (16+) so nothing has changed in Britain. It's only America, really, where this will affect anything.

Yes, but Nintendo isn't something kids want today either. They either want an Xbox or a PlayStation. They think now that they're "old enough." They want in on the newer mainstream stuff. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy my Nintendo as much as my Xbox and PlayStation. It's just kids look at it at a different viewpoint.

Rated-T might be getting it the attention Halo deserves. However, we'll find out by the time it's released.

didyouknow-logo-web.png

Correlation != causation

• Like 1

didyouknow-logo-web.png

I mean FPS games, they get looked down on cause the media makes it look like they make people go violent XD 

Correlation != causation

Correlation does not imply causation.

I mean FPS games, they get looked down on cause the media makes it look like they make people go violent XD 

Yes they do, although everyone should know better than that. They just want excuses nowadays. But yes, I understand where you're coming from.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Yes they do, although everyone should know better than that. They just want excuses nowadays. But yes, I understand where you're coming from.

That's what I said. The != means 'does not equal'.

As in, correlation does not equal causation.

It's a sign used in code wen you need to check if something does not equal.

Great job 343 you just ruined the franchise! Allowing a secret gateway for squeakers to come in. Get those ear defenders ready kids! :troll:

As long as that thing P34nut claimed is actually not true, then this is a good thing overall for the franchise.

Didn't Frank say Halo 5 was the darkest in the franchise?!

No idea how this game was T rated and all the others are not?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well they kinda did, im not saying it as a bad thing, so dont be angry at me please. Caboose you too, Idk if you put smileys just to annoy people, dont be angry at me, im just saying what I think is true.

No I'm not at all angry.

I put smilies in all my posts. I cannot remember the reason but that's just what I do. :)

Halo 5 has broke fewer traditions than Halo 4, the only real notable thing Halo 5 did is splitscreen and that's Micrsofts fault.

So they have hardly broke every tradition.

• Like 1