Late Reviews with Yoshi Volume 6: Space Invaders

Yoshi1176

Late Reviews with Yoshi Volume 6:

Space Invaders

SpaceInvaders-090910_01.jpg

As the title suggests I will be reviewing Space Invaders. This weeks game was actually suggested by our MoM Yang!

I will be grading this game on a few subjects, each subject is graded out of ten, the best score is 10/10.

Space invaders is a game about, well invaders... from space. You play as a "spaceship" and shoot aliens before they shoot you.

Story: 3/10

The story is simple, shoot aliens before they get you, that is the whole story. Similar to how Destiny is just about shooting aliens before they shoot you. Some Destiny fans may say "You can get the lore from the Grimoire" Well here is my opinion on that, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO COLLECT TRADING CARDS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Now some people would think well at least Destiny has a story however hidden it may be. Well I have something for you Space Invaders has a better story because while the story is completely lacking the developers don't make you collect a pitiful excuse of a card to read "The aliens attacked Earth". Before I go into the rest of Destiny's short comings let me move on with the review as this is about Space Invaders not that crap pile of a game that Bingie Studios released.

Replay Value: 10/10

This game was fun to play back in the day, and it's fun to play now. Unlike Destiny which lost it's replay value after the tutorial mission. You see people waling around with Space Invaders shirts all the time, you see collectibles of Space Invaders all the time to. It is obvious it is as much of a hit now as it was in it's heyday. This game gets 10/10 because it is a classic.

Characters: 1/10

Well the characters are just a few pixilated aliens but even so they are memorable. Everyone knows what they are looking at when they see a image of one of the alien in the world, it is a classic looking character/enemy. While normally this would get 0/10 I was reminded that there are much worse games out in the world. Destiny for example has a ton of different aliens but they are stupid, oh look its a game on next gen consoles and they are still using floating eyeballs and witched and goblins. Come on... It's just embarrassing.

Graphics: 4/10

Well for when it came out it was fine, so it got most of it's points there. It did get an extra point for not having to wait for the games textures to come through. You'll be running around in Destiny and have to wait five minutes for all the textures to load. Get a grip Bingie, you should have textures working properly... Despicable

Combat: 10/10

The combat in this game is amazing, you have the ability to move left and right! You can also shoot in a straight line and kill enemies. Don't forget the destructible environments! You can hide behind cover but if you shoot it you damage it! BattleField's environments are no match for Space Invaders!   

Space Invaders scores 25/50!

Pre-order this game its great! 

The game launches June 1978!

• Like 1