Add the Physical Copy of Halo 5 in the Limited Collector's Edition.

ArBiTeR1400

So I was a little disappointed that the Halo 5 LCE doesn't come with the physical disc, going to go back to my local retail game store and ask for the LE instead that which does come with the physical disc, I was googling around to see if anyone is upset about it so I found some petition about it, looks like this dude might be having trouble starting from the ground up. Thought of just leaving it here for anyone who thinks they feel like signing it.

https://www.change.org/p/halo-5-guardians-343-industries-microsoft-add-the-physical-copy-of-halo-5-in-the-limited-collector-s-edition

• Like 1

Digital Download is far better in my opinion. Yes, you will be waiting for the download. But those who get the Collector's edition will get the bundle 1 week early, and can pre-downlaod Halo 5 Guardians during that time. I'm pretty sure this is just more convenience than anything, so if your disc gets scratched or something happens to it. You still have your game. Which is pretty user friendly.

That, and the download size is the same size of the installation. Whoever tells you otherwise is an idiot. I have tested this out before, multiple times. They are the same size.

^

If that is true? Then what the chuff is the point of a disk, I thought that was one of the main draws of console gaming, not massive downloading of games you can just buy the game shove it in the console and play no install no download just play.

Now we have installs that are not only big but the size of the game? wtf!?

What has this industry come to? :)

• Like 1

^

If that is true? Then what the chuff is the point of a disk, I thought that was one of the main draws of console gaming, not massive downloading of games you can just buy the game shove it in the console and play no install no download just play.

Now we have installs that are not only big but the size of the game? wtf!?

What has this industry come to? :)

A disc is for those who want the hard, physical copy. Collectors and what not. The only good thing about having a physical copy, is that you can take it back or trade it in. You are able to get refunds. 

The only other advantage, now. Is store deals on the games, like 5% off or something. That's just saving money though. To be honest, a lot of people actually like Digital Download. It's easy, here's a comment I managed to find from someone. I don't 100% agree with everything, but he does have a point to it:

Digital all the way! I like being able to resell but its not that important to me. You get **** value out of most old games anyway. Digital is better for me because I have two Xbox One's. My wife occasionally plays games with me so I only need to buy one copy. When we bought Halo 4 I had to immediately buy two copies. Now I'm stuck with two Halo 4 titles that are worth nearly nothing. I know it sounds lazy but its so nice to switch games in an instant without getting up or going down stairs from my game room to grab another disc. Putting a disc in my Xbox One feels weird now and honestly I've never tried the disc drive on one of them lol. If Microsoft could have gone ahead with the idea of buying the physical disc and getting digital perks. The only time I've been burned by the digital version is COD Ghosts. It was so bad I wanted to get rid of it but couldn't. Lets just say I'm far more cautious about buying games now. I'll rent COD from Redbox tomorrow for 360 and decide if I'll buy it.

• Like 1

^

Wow, well if that is all true that certainly changed my outlook on digital distribution for the better. :)

Regardless I still prefer physical because I can trade them in, refund them or give it to a friend to trade of lend or just take it to his house so he can play it. Or if the game has co op, we can both play it. Though I can see the benefits of digital.

Still, I'm not as opposed to digital games as much as I was after reading that post, you earned yourself a like Fishy!

The reason for the non physical copy with the game bundle is because of price vs cost. They need to offset the cost of the extras by leaving out a disc. It's strictly a marketing/profit thing. It is much simpler to offer physical discs with lesser versions of the game in higher quantities, than produce that many more copies with special editions. And as stated before, the Xbox One requires an install of the game disc anyway, so there is literally nothing to be gained except for maybe trying to sell a physical copy you dont need and still be able to play the game.

All Copyright and Consumer Rights still apply even to digital copies. You are still allowed to legally copy the game in any format as a "Personal Backup" regardless of media format.

• Like 1

The reason for the non physical copy with the game bundle is because of price vs cost. They need to offset the cost of the extras by leaving out a disc. It's strictly a marketing/profit thing. It is much simpler to offer physical discs with lesser versions of the game in higher quantities, than produce that many more copies with special editions. And as stated before, the Xbox One requires an install of the game disc anyway, so there is literally nothing to be gained except for maybe trying to sell a physical copy you dont need and still be able to play the game.

All Copyright and Consumer Rights still apply even to digital copies. You are still allowed to legally copy the game in any format as a "Personal Backup" regardless of media format.

Exactly. You said what was on my mind, and made it sound better than I could have. 

:bow:

Anyway I prefer physical discs because I want to play it years to come after they finish with Xbone to feel of ownership of my copy and to sit it with my huge halo collection, glad at least they are still releasing this game physically as an option so I'm happy anyway. Besides if your HDD fails, don't worry you still got the actual copy on you, nevermind us scratching it because big collectors never once scratch their discs, we are just tooo careful, we well preserve our stuff. I still got Halo: Combat Evolved from 2001 with no scratches, zilch. I don't mind the digital download trend we are in now, as long as the digital copies are cheaper than their physical counterpart and still releasing physical copies for people who like to keep things for the long term. :laughing:        

• Like 1

^

"don't mind the digital download trend we are in now, as long as the digital copies are cheaper than their physical counterpart"

That might not happened for a while, console wise. :)

Have you seen the outrageous prices Sony and Microsoft charge for games? 40 pounds for Call of duty Modern warfare.

Physical copies are here to stay because they are cheaper long term ( CodMW is £1.50 in my local game store )

At least until Ms and Sony sort their prices out.

For as much as it looks like both companies would love an all digital future, they aren't doing much to push it forward.

i am very disapointet about no physical copy of the game....

it is a collectors edition its for collectors and they remove a thing to collect... it should be included ....

for me as a halo collector its like i shoot in the head realy :(

as i preorder the CE on gamestop it said it includes all content from the LE and now they remove the most important thing...

hope they change mind and put it in....

As I tried to say before, the physical copy is left out to lower the manufacturing and pricepoint cost so the players actually get more for their buck. I must admit, I don't u derstand why having the disc is a must have. The digital copy is for the life of your GT no matter what future XB1 you end up pwning say....five years from now. If your all willing to pay an additional $25-$30 just for that disc...then why not just wait a few months after release and pick up a mint used copy?

As I tried to say before, the physical copy is left out to lower the manufacturing and pricepoint cost so the players actually get more for their buck. I must admit, I don't u derstand why having the disc is a must have. The digital copy is for the life of your GT no matter what future XB1 you end up pwning say....five years from now. If your all willing to pay an additional $25-$30 just for that disc...then why not just wait a few months after release and pick up a mint used copy?

Manufacturing cost for a disc isn't that much. If it was, they wouldn't be produced en-masse.

Also, if you lose control of your account, or get banned from XBL, you lose your downloaded games. It also means that you can't use the disc if you don't have XBL.

Plus, I prefer physical copies, I have an incredibly slow download speed, so a disc is more convenient.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't give two craps as to what the reasoning behind not including a hard copy of the game is! The point is that for 250.00 burning me a copy of the game and adding to the collectors addition is peanuts. This is about the future, they want you to get ready for the same price points for games but they have less overhead to deal with. Just need a master copy on the server and you can take care of everyone, burning a hard copy is a one for one deal. Don't really care about the week early crap either, so what?! And no I'm not paying 250.00 for a statue, I'm paying 250.00 for a game that comes with a statue, the game is the purchase, the statue is the perk. So give me what I'm paying for you cheap skates, you've been making a killing off this franchise for a pretty long time now and giving me a 5.00 disk isn't too much to ask for over 10 years of loyalty to the franchise. Already voiced my concerns with MS over the deal and they said to contact 343 if I wanted a hard copy. I shouldn't even need to ask!

Actually ladies and gents, 343i have said they are working on implementing a disc option for the Limited Collector's Edition. It's unknown what the resolution to the problem will specifically be, but a disc-based version is in the works for those that want it!

I was one of those that prefers a hard disc copy, so this is cool news to me :3

• Like 2

All I see are useless half baked reasons to include a disc. I just wanna start off and end my 2 cents by saying that the same people moaning and complaining about NOT having a physical copy, are the exact reason behind the attempted shift to 100% digital media.

Fact is, everyone from age 25 and below are part of the most self centered, instant gratification, self entitled lazy generation that this type of business model is meant to effect. EVERYONE seems to want what they want without leaving a PC, their phone, console etc. They want instant access and goods with minimal effort.

I have yet to see any real argument about the need or benefit of having a physical disc. For personal giggles, let's review the idiotic reasons people have posted...

1. It adds value to the collection.

Value to whom and what? It's a game! Unless you really think you are going to retire one day off this collection, or seem to think that personally it will help you sleep better at night knowing you have all mint physical copies....your an idiot. Sad but true. Value to a collection is subjective and meaningful simply to the single person who owns or has it.

2. What if you lose access to your account?

Again, your an idiot. Are you really that dumb that you would NOT rotate passwords monthly or even be dumb enoigh to post, share or otherwise compromise your own account? Before any half attempts are made on this one...show me some actual people who ever fell victim to this, or some acrual statistic that supports this being an issue.

3. Console Ban.

Again, the worst kind of idiot imaginable! I have never in all my years of Live gaming, ever had my console banned. Please don't try to cite that you were in a lobby or game and someone else was cheating/modding, blah blah blah. You screwed up and got caught breaking the ToS, plain and simple. If you did get your console banned, then you deserve to suffer. Don't try to work around the issue.

4. Manufacturing is peanuts.

Really? Wow how insightful! To begin with, Microsoft sells all the games to retailers, who then in turn decide on the pricepoint to customers. Microsoft makes a basic flat price off it's initial selling to retailers. This is why we see such a varying price on games depending on retailer. It all comes down to which business wants you to buy from them more.

Disc manufacturing of the actual physical disc might be cheap, but now you need to factor in boxing, printed materials such as booklets, shrink wrap, labor, etc. The company who makes these discs still needs to make a profit. Digital copies are simply Microsoft's way of competing with retailers to offer the same product and service by cutting out a middleman. Unless you really think the economy of the world runs off puppy dog farts and raindbows, you need a real economic reality check.

5. I need to have it to complete a collection!

Why? The most need I have seen historically is simply to back up one's need or desire to appear superior or to impress people by how much time, effort and money they are willing to wadte on a GAME! If you have no other true intention other thàn attempting to impress other human beings, then you have something mentally wrong with you to begin with. Not much else to say about that.

6. I have terrible or unreliable download speeds.

Sorry your a basic networking idiot? Or better yet, sorry you were born into a country or region with poor infrastructure or that your poor? Why is it you think that your problem should be everyone else's and that you are OWED a resolution for it? You are the exact same type by definition and complaint, that cause huge headaches for anyone attempting to game with YOU in their party or lobby. Again...the whole self centered entitled crown gets placed with this one. EVERYONE always has a particular issue or drastically different setup. Instead of complaining about it to the useless masses of the internet, do something proactive about yourself! Oh wait....that would mean you would have to actually think or put some effort into something. Clearly you can't do that since you seem to think your biggest life problem is video games. Again...this is why animals eat their young and Euthenasia used to be a thing...

So I'll say it again, unless you are truely going to argue this whole topic with actual proof of concept or or back up wild claims with fact, don't bother posting. All I see is childish claims and boasts about wanting something that is quite frankly trivial.

Edited by Twinreaper

Thanks for sharing this, hopefully it's true, too bad we are even discussing it but I'll take a remedy over silence any day!

Actually ladies and gents, 343i have said they are working on implementing a disc option for the Limited Collector's Edition. It's unknown what the resolution to the problem will specifically be, but a disc-based version is in the works for those that want it!

I was one of those that prefers a hard disc copy, so this is cool news to me :3

Just as an FYI you know it all putz! I'm well over 25 and yes it's "peanuts" to manufacture a disk. From what 343 published there is already a spot for the disk/case in the collectors addition so there is no "added" costs.  And games are price pointed, all retailers can do at release time is give bonuses for purchasing they can't raise or lower the price within a price point on there own.But then what do I know....you're by far the smartest guy in the room.........just ask you!

All I see are useless half baked reasons to include a disc. I just wanna start off and end my 2 cents by saying that the same people moaning and complaining about NOT having a physical copy, are the exact reason behind the attempted shift to 100% digital media.

Fact is, everyone from age 25 and below are part of the most self centered, instant gratification, self entitled lazy generation that this type of business model is meant to effect. EVERYONE seems to want what they want without leaving a PC, their phone, console etc. They want instant access and goods with minimal effort.

I have yet to see any real argument about the need or benefit of having a physical disc. For personal giggles, let's review the idiotic reasons people have posted...

1. It adds value to the collection.
Value to whom and what? It's a game! Unless you really think you are going to retire one day off this collection, or seem to think that personally it will help you sleep better at night knowing you have all mint physical copies....your an idiot. Sad but true. Value to a collection is subjective and meaningful simply to the single person who owns or has it.

2. What if you lose access to your account?
Again, your an idiot. Are you really that dumb that you would NOT rotate passwords monthly or even be dumb enoigh to post, share or otherwise compromise your own account? Before any half attempts are made on this one...show me some actual people who ever fell victim to this, or some acrual statistic that supports this being an issue.

3. Console Ban.
Again, the worst kind of idiot imaginable! I have never in all my years of Live gaming, ever had my console banned. Please don't try to cite that you were in a lobby or game and someone else was cheating/modding, blah blah blah. You screwed up and got caught breaking the ToS, plain and simple. If you did get your console banned, then you deserve to suffer. Don't try to work around the issue.

4. Manufacturing is peanuts.
Really? Wow how insightful! To begin with, Microsoft sells all the games to retailers, who then in turn decide on the pricepoint to customers. Microsoft makes a basic flat price off it's initial selling to retailers. This is why we see such a varying price on games depending on retailer. It all comes down to which business wants you to buy from them more.

Disc manufacturing of the actual physical disc might be cheap, but now you need to factor in boxing, printed materials such as booklets, shrink wrap, labor, etc. The company who makes these discs still needs to make a profit. Digital copies are simply Microsoft's way of competing with retailers to offer the same product and service by cutting out a middleman. Unless you really think the economy of the world runs off puppy dog farts and raindbows, you need a real economic reality check.

5. I need to have it to complete a collection!
Why? The most need I have seen historically is simply to back up one's need or desire to appear superior or to impress people by how much time, effort and money they are willing to wadte on a GAME! If you have no other true intention other thàn attempting to impress other human beings, then you have something mentally wrong with you to begin with. Not much else to say about that.

6. I have terrible or unreliable download speeds.
Sorry your a basic networking idiot? Or better yet, sorry you were born into a country or region with poor infrastructure or that your poor? Why is it you think that your problem should be everyone else's and that you are OWED a resolution for it? You are the exact same type by definition and complaint, that cause huge headaches for anyone attempting to game with YOU in their party or lobby. Again...the whole self centered entitled crown gets placed with this one. EVERYONE always has a particular issue or drastically different setup. Instead of complaining about it to the useless masses of the internet, do something proactive about yourself! Oh wait....that would mean you would have to actually think or put some effort into something. Clearly you can't do that since you seem to think your biggest life problem is video games. Again...this is why animals eat their young and Euthenasia used to be a thing...

So I'll say it again, unless you are truely going to argue this whole topic with actual proof of concept or or back up wild claims with fact, don't bother posting. All I see is childish claims and boasts about wanting something that is quite frankly trivial.

A retailer can price point ANY product to whatever amount they wish. No sole company wholesaler/distributer such as Microsoft can enforce, tell or dictate to anyone, what to charge. But you woukd kbow that if you spent ANY time in the retsil industry.

Further, the cases themselves are stock mass produced items. And yes there is a sigificant manufacturing charge for all pre-packaged items as well as stand aline packing material. As much as I would live to humor your attempt to insult me, I don't feed trolls. But I am glad you di recognize the superior intellect.

Your the little moron than dropped a bomb on everyone else with your "know it all" little attitude. Better to be just a troll than a complete ahole! Maybe it's time to get out of mom's basement and see the sun light. Might help you shed some of that genius of yours on the rest of idiots! Oh.....but you already knew that too!  I thank you for showing me that I can't be the biggest turd in the can so long as you open your mouth! And working at McDonald's selling Big Macs isn't really much retail knowledge....unless, "would you fries and drink with that?" qualifies you as an expert!

A retailer can price point ANY product to whatever amount they wish. No sole company wholesaler/distributer such as Microsoft can enforce, tell or dictate to anyone, what to charge. But you woukd kbow that if you spent ANY time in the retsil industry.

Further, the cases themselves are stock mass produced items. And yes there is a sigificant manufacturing charge for all pre-packaged items as well as stand aline packing material. As much as I would live to humor your attempt to insult me, I don't feed trolls. But I am glad you di recognize the superior intellect.

Okay everyone lets all calm down a bit and chill and let good ol uncle Caboose here, clear things up. :)

1 343 has already said they are looking at a solution so all hope is not lost, who knows maybe the collectors edition will come with a disk?

2 Disks are becoming more and more pointless with the Xb1/Ps4.

You see the game installs itself when you buy it so its pretty much like downloading a game.

3 The only real benefit of a hard copy is that you can sell it for a coupe of pounds/Dollars or whatever the currency is where you live.

Apart from that, there really isn't a benefit.

The point is if you are so desperate for a hard copy, burn a disk get an old game case, put some Halo 5 box work on it and boom!

PHYSICAL COPY OF HALO 5!

• Like 1

I love how this guy just keeps burying himself deeper. Mom's basement? McDonalds??? Your too much. I love how the internet spawns shear ignorance. But please...keep respondong with insults nstead of trying to prove yourself right. It's what people who cannot rise to the challenge do best.