Big co-op glitch?

Which campaign did you experience this? And I believe you need to have scoring on.

If it's H:CE or H2. Then the medals are only in one spot. However, that said.

I need more clarification. I think you're talking about Medals flashing in campaign when you get them. If that's not the case, 343 may be doing what other game companies are doing.

Notice I said other game companies.

That such achievements don't count towards secondary profiles signed in. Only primary.

However, I wouldn't know. I don't play on my Xbox One with anyone else, because why would I?

I suggest you investigate the problem on your own and figure it out yourself. Or post on the official Website. If you don't find out. Which is Halowaypoint.com

This was Halo: CE and Halo 2. What ultimately tipped me off that this was happening was I had beat the campaigns by myself and had been running down achievements for them, and in the course of doing so, ended up getting at least 9,000 Campaign Medals (I know this because I unlocked the achievements for getting 1,000 Campaign Medals, 2,000, etc.)

However, when I started going back through the game again in split-screen co-op with my wife, I noticed she wasn't getting ANY campaign medals. Ultimately, we realized that campaign medals go to the person who is signed in as First Player.

This makes no sense and I can't see ANY reason why campaign medals wouldn't go to BOTH players. We both have legitimate accounts with Xbox Live, both accounts are Gold and paid for, so I don't see what the problem is. I was hoping to find out of this was a glitch or an intentional flaw.

They might have it so that only the primary account gets achievements to prevent boosting. I've seen it before in a couple of games.

Again it could just be a glitch.