Xúr Agent of the Nine! Week 31! (April 10-12th)

Akali

Hello forums! I'm back. Xúr is also back, and I'm here to tell you what he has in his inventory this week!

post-26953-0-53216900-1426874347.png

As always, the armour is 13 Strange Coins and weapons for 17/23 Strange Coins.

For the Titan, he has the Armamentarium

The-armamentarium-8775cd17-icon.png?vers

Perks:

Special Weapon Ammo: Increases the amount of Special Weapon ammunition you can carry.

This perk is pretty explanatory, it just increases your ammo capacity for Sniper Rifles, Shotguns and Fusion Rifles. This is good if you use your special weapon quite frequently such as a shotgun like the Swordbreaker/Found Verdict or a sniper such as the Black Hammer or whatever sniper you use. A pretty decent perk if you tend to run out of ammo.

Heavy Weapon Ammo: Increases the amount of Heavy Weapon ammunition you can carry.

This perk is also pretty explanatory really, just like the Special Weapon Ammo perk above, it simply increases your ammo capacity for Rocket Launchers and Machine Guns. Personally, this is a better perk than the Special Weapon Ammo perk above. Since Heavy Ammo drops less frequently than Special Weapon Ammo, having that extra capacity in something like a Gjallarhorn will be very helpful in some strikes against bosses such as Phogoth, Valus and Omnigul. As everyone knows, the more bullets that's being fired at the bullet sponges, they'll go down quicker. I need them extra rockets if I want to carry out said damage.

(Exotic Perk)Grenade Booster: Carry an additional grenade.

I see this as mostly a PvP perk for striker titans with their pulse grenades. The perk is simple but when done right, can be very effective.

This perk doesn't just single out a single class; making one class more effective than the other with this chest piece. No. This chest is useful for both Strikers and Defenders. Strikers with the Pulse grenades and Defenders with the Magnetic grenades.

My rating - I'm giving the Armamentarium an 8 out of 10! A simply effective chest piece for Titans that love to spam grenades. That and it looks pretty good, not going to lie.

For Hunters, Xúr has brought his 'Hunter Tear Jar' with him this week since he has the AT/8 Arachnid *shudders*...

c5194b4623dec6b8a5c597347d5c0848.jpg 

YOU NEED THE DLC IF YOU WANT TO BUY THIS! However, I wouldn't buy it...

Perks:

Light the Blade: Causing damage with a grenade reduces your melee cooldown.

This is sort of useful for the Gunslingers if you like your grenades, sort of noticeable and can be slightly useful.

Ashes to Asset: Replenish Super energy when you kill an enemy with a grenade.

This is... Okay... I barely notice anything when I use this perk on anything so I'm not a huge fan of this.

(Exotic Perk) Arachnid Sensorium: Your Golden Gun zooms in for accuracy when aimed.

So... This is why you NEVER want to buy this helmet... This perk does give you bonus accuracy when zooming in, however, it only increases your zoom... Why does it make this perk bad? Well it cuts off your peripheral vision that you sort of need with Golden Gun.

My rating - I would give this helmet a 2 out of 10. It spares the one since there can be some uses but for me, I don't like it and there is no use for me. For your sake, NEVER pick up this helmet!

For the Warlocks, we have the Starfire Protocol

6f7c27a2805ed681efb8f9e152dc5d45.jpg
YOU NEED THE DLC TO BUY THIS!

Fusion Rifle Ammo: Increases the amount of Fusion Rifle ammunition you can carry.

This perk is meh to me. Mostly useful if you use something like the Vex. It is useful for other Fusion Rifles such as Praetorian Foil, Light of the Abyss and Murmur. I would however replace this for something else.

Heavy Weapon Ammo: Increases the amount of Heavy Weapon ammunition you can carry.

Read my Armamentaruim description :P

(Exotic Perk) Starfire Protocol: Gain an additional Fusion Grenade.

This is sort of trying to be the Armamentarium/Gift of the Sun but without the steroids. This perk only gives you one extra Fusion Grenade and, unfortunately, it doesn't stack with the Gift of the Sun perk. This is a good chest until you max out your Sunsinger subclass but ONLY if you use Fusion Grenades.

My rating - I give it a 5 out of 10. It does have some use but only for a certain amount of time. I would obviously go with the Heart of Praxis Fire over this.

For the weapon... I hate Xúr for ruining pvp... Again...

He has the Suros Regime.

icon821baa66c19d099eae3ab95a84ebc551.jpg

The Suros' first multi-perks are Field Choke, Linear Compensator and Smart Drift Control.

The first perk is Focused Fire. The weapon will fire slower when zoomed in but will do more damage to targets.

The second set of multi-perks are High Caliber Rounds, Hammer Forged and Lightweight.

Its Exotic Perk is the Suros Regime. During the bottom half of the magazine, there is a chance that you will regenerate health.

This perk is sort of bland aside from the Crota fight on Hard when you have no chalice. Obviously there are better alternatives than the Suros such as the Red Death and the Infusion perk since they are a guaranteed chance however, if you don't have one of them exotic/raid helmets or a Red Death, this is a good option for the raid.

Now then. You're probably curious as to why I hate Xúr for selling this. Well aside from the fact that I feel that this should be earned rather than bought. This will also destroy pvp yet again... R.I.P Player vs Player... Again...

PvP was destroyed when Xúr sold the Red Death, since the Suros is a sought after Assault Rifle and is also debatable for being the best auto rifle in the game... You can see why I'm not liking this...

My review - I give this an 8 out of 10. It's a great auto rifle but I feel as though Xúr should have never sold this.

The exotic engram this week is a chest engram.

Upgrades:

Armour: Mask of the Third Man, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Helm of Saint-14, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Light Beyond Nemesis and Sunbreakers.

Weapons: Red Death, Last Word, Plan C, Thunderlord, Super Good Advice and Gjallarhorn.

HE HAS HEAVY AMMO SYNTHESIS!!!!!!! BUY AS MANY OF THESE AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!

That's all he has for this week folks. See you all next time :wave:

Edited by Yang Xiao Long
  • Like 3

Running The Armamentarium on a nightfall with arc burn and spamming lightning grenades is so much fun! I would recommend this chest piece to any Titan, it is really useful for both PvP and PvE. 

Great post Yang! Can't wait for your next Xur thread thingy wingy, 

• Like 1

Xúr Agent of the Nine! Week 31! (March 10-12th)

Week 31! (March 10-12th)

(March 10-12th)

March

*looks at date*

I I I... I have no clue what you're going on about! You're a crazy man! >_<