imthinkinarby's Suggestions for 343 Industries to Improve into Halo 5: Guardians.

Hello Halo community! It is a pleasure to be writing for you all who enjoy the Halo franchise as much as I do. Please, 343i, take this into consideration if you are reading. Let's cut to the chase here, guys. As you know, the majority of this fanbase has agreed Halo 4 wasn't as good as previous games in the series; notably Halo 3 (My personal favourite). So I'm here to at least let 343i know of some issues that we as a body have not enjoyed in Halo 4 and long to see tweaked in Halo 5: Guardians. Today is the day before the Halo 5 beta, and I will keep this post updated on things I see that need to be improved.

I need a weapon, and said weapon is not a weapon, but a lamp. And said lamp is a keyboard.  :fun:

Here we begin. First of all, one of the most obvious things bothering a few of us is no Elite customization character. Some players prefer the Elite model over the Spartan one, so that can be proves as a letdown to that section of the fanbase. Also, aspiring Machinima directors may want to use Elites in some of their films as they would want to make them the antagonists of said films. Some would call this sloppiness or even downright laziness. 

Another problem biting me in the *** right now (And arguably the most) is that the originally fun, arena based matchmaking maps have been degraded slightly to those of Call of Duty somewhat. This can be fixed by playing both Halo 3 and Halo 4. A vast majority (I would go as far to say 89%) of the fans prefer Halo 3's multiplayer. Try basing the multiplayer maps off of Halo 3 and give a slight 343i twist to it.  

Something else is story. Story in Halo 4 was satisfactory for me. But for many others it was a "catastrophe".  I wouldn't go that far, but it could have been improved on. Maybe make the Chief go into hiding to be found by UNSC and ONI forces and use him to fight a Storm Covenant invasion force poised on Earth or take down a Promethean asset that is ready to strike Humans and Covenant alike. Or, possibly, make a return of the Flood and another Halo or something. Just random suggestions. And maybe a bit closer to the campaign of Halo Reach, yeah?

Goodbye for now, all. I'll edit this post when I have played Halo 5: Guardians. Feel free to comment your suggestions on the topic. I am happy to hear any ideas.

Cheers, imthinkingarby  :scooter:

I agree with the Elites I hope they're playable in the final product.

However you forget that the only thing we have seen is an Arena Multiplayer Beta. Not the full game. 

Regarding the map design I am going to disagree. So far the maps look great and Arena esque. Far from a CoD map.

I agree with the Elites I hope they're playable in the final product.

However you forget that the only thing we have seen is an Arena Multiplayer Beta. Not the full game. 

Regarding the map design I am going to disagree. So far the maps look great and Arena esque. Far from a CoD map.

I have played over Halo 4 and I agree with you on the most part. Some of the community disagreees with us, though, which is somewhat an issue. But frankly, I think the Halo 3 maps were the classic and slightly more fun ones to play on, not saying the Halo 4 maps were utter ****. But I can see where you're coming from.

Cheers, imthinkinarby

What about custom armor like reach. I feel that you should make your Spartan from the feet up, not just the sets they have. It's what makes halo online fun and gives you something to work for, also gives away to set yourself apart from the rest.

I have to agree with that too. It's true, you can make your own personal Spartan or Elite model as well.

Cheers, imthinkinarby

I have to agree with you on some of those topics, such as elite character models being available to players (though I personally think all character models could use a little tweaking).

Other things that I believe should be changed or added, concerning multiplayer:

- More large scale maps for multiplayer and Machinima (Sandtrap or Snowbound sized maps)

- Better and more realistic character models (spartan and elite models that can be more heavily customized)

- Weapons need to be properly balanced (I shouldn't have to look for a weapon to get rid of my assault rifle)

- Frag Grenades need to be nerved in some way (either blast radius, damage, or amount given)

- Power weapons need to be more thought out (on a close quarters map like Empire, there shouldn't be two snipers)

These are some things that are a little to big for the list:

So one of the gripes I have with the Halo 5: Guardians Beta is the dash ability. I can't tell you how many times I have almost killed someone and they dash behind cover, only to give themselves enough time to regenerate their shields and kill me or have a teammate come from no-where and kill me. I feel that 343 should either make it so that you take increased damage when dashing or make it so that it has a cool down time of, let's just say fifteen seconds or something like that. This would at least make it balanced... I shouldn't have to chase an enemy around the map for five seconds trying to kill him, while also constantly getting damaged.

Another problem I have with the beta, at this moment, is the sprinting. I don't believe it's necessary to make it so that shields don't regenerate because most of the times, players use the dash ability to get away from a battle. And yes, you could make the argument that people sprint away from battle all the time and that it is annoying, but hear me out. Most of these maps in the beta right now are close quarters and do require a bit of skill in order to use sprint because of that feature (you have to time between running away to regain shields or fighting and risking death). In larger, more open maps that we will most likely get in the full game, having this feature will only make it that much harder to get from one part of the map to the other. Since maps like Ragnarok are fairly open and make sprinting a more used ability, having your shields not regenerate could be a massive problem. The one thing I can agree on with sprint is that it is infinite. It's a little annoying in Halo 4 to run halfway across and open field and find that you can't sprint anymore (when you're sprinting you can't fight back which make you more vulnerable).

Well that's it for me. Hope you read this 343, because a most of these really do need to be changed.

Thank you if you read this and I'll see you guys when Halo 5: Guardians comes out...

• Like 1

imthinkinarby's Suggestions for 343 Industries to Improve into Halo 5: Guardians.

Hello Halo community! It is a pleasure to be writing for you all who enjoy the Halo franchise as much as I do. Please, 343i, take this into consideration if you are reading. Let's cut to the chase here, guys. As you know, the majority of this fanbase has agreed Halo 4 wasn't as good as previous games in the series; notably Halo 3 (My personal favourite). So I'm here to at least let 343i know of some issues that we as a body have not enjoyed in Halo 4 and long to see tweaked in Halo 5: Guardians. Today is the day before the Halo 5 beta, and I will keep this post updated on things I see that need to be improved.

I need a weapon, and said weapon is not a weapon, but a lamp. And said lamp is a keyboard.  :fun:

Here we begin. First of all, one of the most obvious things bothering a few of us is no Elite customization character. Some players prefer the Elite model over the Spartan one, so that can be proves as a letdown to that section of the fanbase. Also, aspiring Machinima directors may want to use Elites in some of their films as they would want to make them the antagonists of said films. Some would call this sloppiness or even downright laziness. 

Another problem biting me in the *** right now (And arguably the most) is that the originally fun, arena based matchmaking maps have been degraded slightly to those of Call of Duty somewhat. This can be fixed by playing both Halo 3 and Halo 4. A vast majority (I would go as far to say 89%) of the fans prefer Halo 3's multiplayer. Try basing the multiplayer maps off of Halo 3 and give a slight 343i twist to it.  

Something else is story. Story in Halo 4 was satisfactory for me. But for many others it was a "catastrophe".  I wouldn't go that far, but it could have been improved on. Maybe make the Chief go into hiding to be found by UNSC and ONI forces and use him to fight a Storm Covenant invasion force poised on Earth or take down a Promethean asset that is ready to strike Humans and Covenant alike. Or, possibly, make a return of the Flood and another Halo or something. Just random suggestions. And maybe a bit closer to the campaign of Halo Reach, yeah?

Goodbye for now, all. I'll edit this post when I have played Halo 5: Guardians. Feel free to comment your suggestions on the topic. I am happy to hear any ideas.

Cheers, imthinkingarby  :scooter:

So far the Halo 5: Guardians Beta has been a blast! If 343i puts in a bit more work, this can be very similar to fan favourites like Reach and 3. It feels more like Reach so I would stay on that track and focus on it being a tiny bit more like Reach and it'll honestly be in my top 3 Halo games. Keep up the good work 343! :)

Cheers, imthinkinarby

I have to agree with you on some of those topics, such as elite character models being available to players (though I personally think all character models could use a little tweaking).

- More large scale maps for multiplayer and Machinima (Sandtrap or Snowbound sized maps)

- Better and more realistic character models (spartan and elite models that can be more heavily customized)

- Weapons need to be properly balanced (I shouldn't have to look for a weapon to get rid of my assault rifle)

- Frag Grenades need to be nerved in some way (either blast radius, damage, or amount given)

- Power weapons need to be more thought out (on a close quarters map like Empire, there shouldn't be two snipers)

So one of the gripes I have with the Halo 5: Guardians Beta is the dash ability. I can't tell you how many times I have almost killed someone and they dash behind cover, only to give themselves enough time to regenerate their shields and kill me or have a teammate come from no-where and kill me. I feel that 343 should either make it so that you take increased damage when dashing or make it so that it has a cool down time of, let's just say fifteen seconds or something like that. This would at least make it balanced... I shouldn't have to chase an enemy around the map for five seconds trying to kill him, while also constantly getting damaged.

Another problem I have with the beta, at this moment, is the sprinting. I don't believe it's necessary to make it so that shields don't regenerate because most of the times, players use the dash ability to get away from a battle. And yes, you could make the argument that people sprint away from battle all the time and that it is annoying, but hear me out. Most of these maps in the beta right now are close quarters and do require a bit of skill in order to use sprint because of that feature (you have to time between running away to regain shields or fighting and risking death). In larger, more open maps that we will most likely get in the full game, having this feature will only make it that much harder to get from one part of the map to the other. Since maps like Ragnarok are fairly open and make sprinting a more used ability, having your shields not regenerate could be a massive problem. The one thing I can agree on with sprint is that it is infinite. It's a little annoying in Halo 4 to run halfway across and open field and find that you can't sprint anymore (when you're sprinting you can't fight back which make you more vulnerable).

Well that's it for me. Hope you read this 343, because a most of these really do need to be changed.

Thank you if you read this and I'll see you guys when Halo 5: Guardians comes out...

Yeah man, I would honestly say make the character models more like Halo Reach. And I am a little bit skeptical on there being more snipers on Empire. Snowbound was a personal favourite of mine, but they should make it separate from Slayer-based maps. Yeah, I agree with dashing and sprinting. Sprinting should be an ability like in Reach or not even in the game and dashing feels like Advanced Warfare, the game I'm trying to avoid (although my clan is 3rd in the Platinum Division! :D). And in CQ maps I wouldn't suggest using a Sniper in it anyway, as it would just go down to some ******* running around with it in a hallway, knowing it is op, and fire away. And dashing annoys the living HELL out of me. I go to kick some guy's ass with my "trusty" AR, except he dashes away, I shoot his friend dead, I shoot at him, he dashes AGAIN and spams 'nades at me. Otherwise, the beta is fine.

Yeah man, I would honestly say make the character models more like Halo Reach. And I am a little bit skeptical on there being more snipers on Empire. Snowbound was a personal favourite of mine, but they should make it separate from Slayer-based maps. Yeah, I agree with dashing and sprinting. Sprinting should be an ability like in Reach or not even in the game and dashing feels like Advanced Warfare, the game I'm trying to avoid (although my clan is 3rd in the Platinum Division! :D). And in CQ maps I wouldn't suggest using a Sniper in it anyway, as it would just go down to some ******* running around with it in a hallway, knowing it is op, and fire away. And dashing annoys the living HELL out of me. I go to kick some guy's ass with my "trusty" AR, except he dashes away, I shoot his friend dead, I shoot at him, he dashes AGAIN and spams 'nades at me. Otherwise, the beta is fine.

Ill start with a couple of points that I really like about the game:

- Maps are brilliant. Its clear from some of the jumps and snipe angles, a lot of good thought has gone in to this.

- Game is fast paced - Kills are so quick with some weapons (maybe too quick for some). This makes for short, fun games.

To improve:

- Weapon change time must be faster - To match the fast pace of the game. If you want to finish off a one-shot cross map, by the time you change weapon, they've gone!

- There needs to be a way to dodge/get way from sword. - I love running around midship/truth with the sword. But its just impossible to miss a kill with it, even if your opponent goes around the wall! I think triggering the sword should dash straight forward at what you are aiming at, and if it moves (boosts away) you miss. Will be much fairer.

- Activate button for hovering please. Is there no way to aim down sight while in the air and not hover? - Jumping quickscopes used to be the best shots to pull off. Now they're not even possible because everytime you scope in while off the ground, you hover. I want to be able to jump sideways after a sprint, find a player through a small gap in the walls with my sniper, and BOOM, Headshot! So much more satisfying. 

- Nerf ARs range. I think this is what everyone would like. Yes its nice being able to scope and get a bit more control, but getting most your shield taken down by an AR cross map is ridiculous. Lets make the AR good for close combat, weak for medium combat and useless for long. The SMG could be the similar but just reduced range still and more power than the AR.

- 1-50 Ranking System - This is what everyone has always wanted and will always want. I really don't understand why it's not there. Hopefully this is just a beta thing.

- Remove pointless deathcam - I've just seen myself die. I don't want to see it again in a way that gives me no more useful information whatsoever. I want to be able to see around my dead body in real time. Where is that player going so I can call it out. Or atleast show me from 5 seconds before my dead the killers POV.

- Make ground pound more consistent - What are the rules on this? Sometimes it does it, sometimes it just cancels the move. I for one don't get it. It is fun though.

- Full theatre mode - This was lacking in MCC and almost perfect in H3. How can this stuff go backwards. Montages and youtube / streaming gameplays have been a core component in making Halo the game it is. I want to be able to record full games and float around the map with the camera to get all the angles. The XBOX ONE Upload function is insufficient and not user friendly. Thanks.

That's it for now. I'll probably have some more by next week.
Looks like a lot of complaints but I really do love the game. These things would just make me buy it, especially the ranking system and theatre mode.

- Frag Grenades need to be nerved in some way (either blast radius, damage, or amount given) - Agree

- Power weapons need to be more thought out (on a close quarters map like Empire, there shouldn't be two snipers) - Disagree.

The snipers of Empire are perfect. The lines of site are purposefully tricky and it really makes the game challenging.

There are actually a couple of brilliant positions I have found on the map for sniping and it all depends on the individual's/team's playstyle

I don't know man... I'd have to disagree with some of the "improvements" that you said would get you to buy the game. Of course, it is your opinion, but I'll just go over the reasons why I said what I said and why I think you said what you said.

My point on power weapons:

-  So the first reason why I said there shouldn't be two snipers on Empire is because for one, the map is extremely small, and while it does have a few lines of site, that is all that it has. The lines of sight you where talking about where, at best, a Spartan sized hole, just large enough to snipe through. If you're a regular player, like most people, you wouldn't want to be using a sniper in a scenario like that.

-  The other reason for not having two sniper rifles on a map like Empire, is the unbalancing scenario. Now this may not happen to you when you're playing, but sometimes two players from the enemy team will rush the sniper spawns and take them immediately at the beginning of the match, giving them a double advantage on us. And yes, you could say, "well I thought you just said it's hard to use snipers on this map," but to be honest. Do you really think a team of four with regular weapons stands a chance against a team of four with two snipers? No... Definitely not.

Some of your points that I thought were misguided:

-  Dodge ability to get away from the sword (To be honest, when has the sword ever not been over powered. I mean, the things a one hit kill. I don't believe it's a necessary thing to add in.)

-  Nerfing the assault rifles range (Are you joking? The AR's already bad enough as it is. We don't need to make it even worse. The weapons in this beta aren't even equal, so making the AR have less range would be very counter productive. This game is supposed to be about fair starts, not rough starts.

Well again, that's it for me, but if anyone of you would like to contact me, you could do it either, by replying or sending me a message via Xbox Live.

See you guys when Halo 5: Guardians comes out...