Greetings

ONI Agent Locke

Greetings everyone.

Can't remember how I originally found this place, but it was a while ago. I remembered it earlier this week, and thought it'd be a good idea to come here and see what's what.

I haven't really had a good forum to be on for over a year now. I used to be a big member of Symthic.com, a site that does a lot of statistics and analysis for Battlefield, but after a year or so good people left, bad people arrived, and a lot of immaturity and drama happened, and through several misunderstandings and shady dealings, I was kicked out, despite my total cooperation and composure throughout it all (you could be polite and reasonable with someone, but they'd spit in your face and be all childish regardless--that's how bad it got). But at that point, I was basically staying there to spite the people that wanted me gone, so it wasn't too much of a big deal.

Then I tried to become a member of ReadyUpLive, but it wasn't very active when I joined, and your identity is very limited there unless you're a premium member. I didn't have a job at the time, so I couldn't pay for it, and eventually I lost interest between the inactivity and everything. Might be more active now with the Xbox One and Master Chief Collection, but I'm uncertain.

After a while of boredom I decided to check out reddit, a place I previously did not understand in the slightest and had no desire to do so, but I actually like it a lot. Problem is that it feels pretty cluttered and not too organized, at least for me. Too little community, too.

I realized I could perhaps fit in on some Halo forum. Halo Waypoint's design is too atrocious to really get used to, and a lot of the discussion there is, as it is on many games' official forums, just baseless complaining. I'm hoping this place will be different!

I'm a huge Xbox guy. Been playing Xbox since 2002, starting with Halo: CE and Mechassault, among others. Halo's been my favorite gaming franchise ever since I started playing it. I've read the original six novels (the new Kilo-Five trilogy is awful, so I haven't read them), and have been to the midnight launch of both Halo: Reach (my personal favorite) and Halo 4. I own the Legendary Editions for Halo 3 and Reach, as well as the limited edition consoles for Halo Reach and Halo 4, the Limited Editions for Halo 2 and Halo 4, and other collectibles.

Beyond Halo, I'm a big fan of Battlefield. Started with BF3 in December of 2011, and loved it. Got BF4 with my Xbox One on launch and loved it even more. I also like Call of Duty, particularly the Treyarch ones, because they seem more quality and well-balanced. Looking forward to Advanced Warfare, though, and seeing what that brings to the table.

I've recently became a big fan of Dark Souls, having gotten the first game on June 1 as soon as it became free (I was already interested in it with all the stuff I was learning through heresay about Dark Souls II), and loved it. Got Dark Souls II a couple weeks later and loved it too. I've beaten both games several times in the four or so months I've had them, and it's tough to see it getting old anytime soon.

There's also a handful of other games and franchises I'm a fan of, but I've already gone on long enough with that.

One thing I'd like to address before I end this overly long waste of everyone's time is my name/gamertag, so prepare for me to waste more of your time, should you choose to continue. It's really gratuiotusly long, I'm warning you. I'll put it in a spoiler box should anyone care/dare to open it. But seriously, it's a huge waste of time.

When I joined Xbox Live in October of 2007 for Halo 3, I was "RealGuiltySpark." My family friends who had introduced me to Xbox and Halo five years prior were "Real Artemis" and "Real Maximus," since the names sans the "Real" were already taken, of course. I followed suit, 343 Guilty Spark being my favorite Halo character. At some point, though, I was discontent with it, and changed it to "Dim3ntio," named after the awesome character from Super Paper Mario, Dimentio. It was like that for about a year, but I'm not a fan of gamertags with numbers in them, be they substitutes for letters or just at the end of a name for the sake of availability, and I was getting called "Dimmy-three-entio" by a lot of people who were clueless.

July 7, 2009, Bungie Day, I felt it time to change my gamertag once more. I was fascinated with the new character in Halo 3: ODST, the Superintendent, and I wanted that to be my gamertag. Of course, that was taken, so I spent a large amount of time trying to find a way to get something to make it work. Eventually I came up with "Souperintendent," a very unfunny pun that I stuck with for about two years. Some people found it funny, others thought I had mental problems.

After a while, and as an inside joke regarding a funny "meme" that was going on at the time, I changed my gamertag to Symthic, which was untaken. Members and staff of the aforementioned site found it funny at the time, but when the fluff hit the fan, they used it as the reason to get rid of me, despite there being no issue with it for well over a year. They asked me to change it, so after some deliberation, I changed it to "PenitusOculatus," the name of the organization from Skyrim, and Latin for "Thorough Eye," which I loved, being a Latin student. After I changed it and notified them, that's when they permanently banned me from the site, essentially robbing me of $10. Oh well.

Then I became obsessed with the Mandalorians from the Star Wars Universe, so for a few months earlier this year I was "T Mandalorian T," the T's being there because the unaltered name was naturally taken, and they also are the shape of a Mandlaorian visor. But, much like how I don't like gratuitous numbers, I don't really like gratuitous letters. So soon after I began searching for yet another gamertag that might fit me, this time a good one.

May of this year, 343 Industries announced Halo 5: Guardians. A continuation of my all-time favorite franchise, and introducing a new character that works for ONI, the cool organization that I've always been really interested in. I was excited to hear about this news, especially since we haven't had too many good new characters in a while, save for the Didact and Lasky. After a couple of weeks, I got an idea: as soon as they reveal this character's name, that'll be my gamertag. The guy seemed important, taking more prominence on the cover-art than Master Chief himself, and that meant he'd be the subject of gamertags for years. That, and he was specifically a member of ONI, which made me more interested.

June 9, the trailer for the Master Chief Collection came out, with this new character in it, and being directly addressed by his name. "Agent Clarke"? Is that what the Arbiter said? He's kinda hard to understand. I took to the Waypoint forums to double-check. No one knew, either. And Halo Follower said "Agent Clock," so who knows. Soon after, Frankie had an interview with IGN in which he specifically said "Agent Lock," which was phonetically clear but literally not. Lock or Locke? Back to Halo Waypoint, and someone confirmed that it was Locke.

With that knowledge, I got on my Xbox and went to change it. I checked for "Agent Locke," but that was taken about three and a half years ago by some guy from Germany that got on during the Modern Warfare 2 boom and hasn't played Xbox in over two years. Awesome. What about ONI Agent Locke? That was available! Clicked the button, and it was confirmed. I was certianly excited.

Not ten minutes later, I get a friend request from a brand-new XBL account with one of the auto-generated names (like SparklyBear87 or something). I realized that this was someone who was going to do what I just did, but rather than spend the money to change their own account, put it on a new one for free instead. I barely got it, and felt vindicated in my purchase.

Over the next couple of months, I'd continue to get messages and friend requests from similar people as more information about the character became known. "The Agent Locke," "Jameson Locke," "Agent J Locke," and others would send me messages or friend requests. I definitely knew I'd be sticking with this gamertag, and I've decided then to see how far I could run with this.

Only obstacle came when they revealed that Agent Locke was a big buff black guy. I'm a skinny white guy. That's a bit of a dichotomy that I can't quite bridge the gap on.

And that's my life story. I started with a Halo name, then was far removed from Halo, went back to Halo a bit, got further away from Halo, and finally circled back around. Like a halo. Okay, that was lame of me and I apologize sinceserely.

Anyways, now that I've effectively wasted everyone's time, I must beg for forgiveness thank everyone for their attention. Hope to see great things here in the future! Thanks!

• Like 2

This might have to be the longest introduction scene I have ever read on any forum or website ever... You deserve an award.

Welcome to the forums Locke ^_^ I'm sure you're going to love it here, we have many community events that not only happen on the Xbox but we also have them across all types of consoles like Playstation and PC (screw Nintendo ;)) and we also have a few on the forums such as the Caption Contest and the short story contest however I'm not sure if that's still going, it probably will.

Hope you stay on the forums Locke. Maybe you could take part of the event that's going on right now for Shocktober, think of a username or find a picture that resembles anything spooky :shok:

The whole history was unnecessary but welcome to the forums!

I agree, but better to give unnecessary information than to omit that which is necessary. The question lies in what's defined as necessary... Ah well. Try it at weddings, it works. Or maybe everywhere but weddings. Yeah, that's it...

Thanks!

This might have to be the longest introduction scene I have ever read on any forum or website ever... You deserve an award.

Welcome to the forums Locke ^_^ I'm sure you're going to love it here, we have many community events that not only happen on the Xbox but we also have them across all types of consoles like Playstation and PC (screw Nintendo ;)) and we also have a few on the forums such as the Caption Contest and the short story contest however I'm not sure if that's still going, it probably will.

Hope you stay on the forums Locke. Maybe you could take part of the event that's going on right now for Shocktober, think of a username or find a picture that resembles anything spooky :shok:

The medal should go to whomever reads all of it and maintains their sanity...

Thanks! I have an Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but I also got a gaming PC a couple months ago that I've been enamored with, so glad there's some variety! The short story contest interests me; I'll have to look into that.

That sounds fun! But how spooky are we talking? Because I don't want to be 2spooky.

Welcome to the forum. It's good to have you.

And it's good for you to have me.

Are you prepared to fight comrade?

Fight? What?

Greetings everyone.

Can't remember how I originally found this place, but it was a while ago. I remembered it earlier this week, and thought it'd be a good idea to come here and see what's what.

I haven't really had a good forum to be on for over a year now. I used to be a big member of Symthic.com, a site that does a lot of statistics and analysis for Battlefield, but after a year or so good people left, bad people arrived, and a lot of immaturity and drama happened, and through several misunderstandings and shady dealings, I was kicked out, despite my total cooperation and composure throughout it all (you could be polite and reasonable with someone, but they'd spit in your face and be all childish regardless--that's how bad it got). But at that point, I was basically staying there to spite the people that wanted me gone, so it wasn't too much of a big deal.

Then I tried to become a member of ReadyUpLive, but it wasn't very active when I joined, and your identity is very limited there unless you're a premium member. I didn't have a job at the time, so I couldn't pay for it, and eventually I lost interest between the inactivity and everything. Might be more active now with the Xbox One and Master Chief Collection, but I'm uncertain.

After a while of boredom I decided to check out reddit, a place I previously did not understand in the slightest and had no desire to do so, but I actually like it a lot. Problem is that it feels pretty cluttered and not too organized, at least for me. Too little community, too.

I realized I could perhaps fit in on some Halo forum. Halo Waypoint's design is too atrocious to really get used to, and a lot of the discussion there is, as it is on many games' official forums, just baseless complaining. I'm hoping this place will be different!

I'm a huge Xbox guy. Been playing Xbox since 2002, starting with Halo: CE and Mechassault, among others. Halo's been my favorite gaming franchise ever since I started playing it. I've read the original six novels (the new Kilo-Five trilogy is awful, so I haven't read them), and have been to the midnight launch of both Halo: Reach (my personal favorite) and Halo 4. I own the Legendary Editions for Halo 3 and Reach, as well as the limited edition consoles for Halo Reach and Halo 4, the Limited Editions for Halo 2 and Halo 4, and other collectibles.

Beyond Halo, I'm a big fan of Battlefield. Started with BF3 in December of 2011, and loved it. Got BF4 with my Xbox One on launch and loved it even more. I also like Call of Duty, particularly the Treyarch ones, because they seem more quality and well-balanced. Looking forward to Advanced Warfare, though, and seeing what that brings to the table.

I've recently became a big fan of Dark Souls, having gotten the first game on June 1 as soon as it became free (I was already interested in it with all the stuff I was learning through heresay about Dark Souls II), and loved it. Got Dark Souls II a couple weeks later and loved it too. I've beaten both games several times in the four or so months I've had them, and it's tough to see it getting old anytime soon.

There's also a handful of other games and franchises I'm a fan of, but I've already gone on long enough with that.

One thing I'd like to address before I end this overly long waste of everyone's time is my name/gamertag, so prepare for me to waste more of your time, should you choose to continue. It's really gratuiotusly long, I'm warning you. I'll put it in a spoiler box should anyone care/dare to open it. But seriously, it's a huge waste of time.

When I joined Xbox Live in October of 2007 for Halo 3, I was "RealGuiltySpark." My family friends who had introduced me to Xbox and Halo five years prior were "Real Artemis" and "Real Maximus," since the names sans the "Real" were already taken, of course. I followed suit, 343 Guilty Spark being my favorite Halo character. At some point, though, I was discontent with it, and changed it to "Dim3ntio," named after the awesome character from Super Paper Mario, Dimentio. It was like that for about a year, but I'm not a fan of gamertags with numbers in them, be they substitutes for letters or just at the end of a name for the sake of availability, and I was getting called "Dimmy-three-entio" by a lot of people who were clueless.

July 7, 2009, Bungie Day, I felt it time to change my gamertag once more. I was fascinated with the new character in Halo 3: ODST, the Superintendent, and I wanted that to be my gamertag. Of course, that was taken, so I spent a large amount of time trying to find a way to get something to make it work. Eventually I came up with "Souperintendent," a very unfunny pun that I stuck with for about two years. Some people found it funny, others thought I had mental problems.

After a while, and as an inside joke regarding a funny "meme" that was going on at the time, I changed my gamertag to Symthic, which was untaken. Members and staff of the aforementioned site found it funny at the time, but when the fluff hit the fan, they used it as the reason to get rid of me, despite there being no issue with it for well over a year. They asked me to change it, so after some deliberation, I changed it to "PenitusOculatus," the name of the organization from Skyrim, and Latin for "Thorough Eye," which I loved, being a Latin student. After I changed it and notified them, that's when they permanently banned me from the site, essentially robbing me of $10. Oh well.

Then I became obsessed with the Mandalorians from the Star Wars Universe, so for a few months earlier this year I was "T Mandalorian T," the T's being there because the unaltered name was naturally taken, and they also are the shape of a Mandlaorian visor. But, much like how I don't like gratuitous numbers, I don't really like gratuitous letters. So soon after I began searching for yet another gamertag that might fit me, this time a good one.

May of this year, 343 Industries announced Halo 5: Guardians. A continuation of my all-time favorite franchise, and introducing a new character that works for ONI, the cool organization that I've always been really interested in. I was excited to hear about this news, especially since we haven't had too many good new characters in a while, save for the Didact and Lasky. After a couple of weeks, I got an idea: as soon as they reveal this character's name, that'll be my gamertag. The guy seemed important, taking more prominence on the cover-art than Master Chief himself, and that meant he'd be the subject of gamertags for years. That, and he was specifically a member of ONI, which made me more interested.

June 9, the trailer for the Master Chief Collection came out, with this new character in it, and being directly addressed by his name. "Agent Clarke"? Is that what the Arbiter said? He's kinda hard to understand. I took to the Waypoint forums to double-check. No one knew, either. And Halo Follower said "Agent Clock," so who knows. Soon after, Frankie had an interview with IGN in which he specifically said "Agent Lock," which was phonetically clear but literally not. Lock or Locke? Back to Halo Waypoint, and someone confirmed that it was Locke.

With that knowledge, I got on my Xbox and went to change it. I checked for "Agent Locke," but that was taken about three and a half years ago by some guy from Germany that got on during the Modern Warfare 2 boom and hasn't played Xbox in over two years. Awesome. What about ONI Agent Locke? That was available! Clicked the button, and it was confirmed. I was certianly excited.

Not ten minutes later, I get a friend request from a brand-new XBL account with one of the auto-generated names (like SparklyBear87 or something). I realized that this was someone who was going to do what I just did, but rather than spend the money to change their own account, put it on a new one for free instead. I barely got it, and felt vindicated in my purchase.

Over the next couple of months, I'd continue to get messages and friend requests from similar people as more information about the character became known. "The Agent Locke," "Jameson Locke," "Agent J Locke," and others would send me messages or friend requests. I definitely knew I'd be sticking with this gamertag, and I've decided then to see how far I could run with this.

Only obstacle came when they revealed that Agent Locke was a big buff black guy. I'm a skinny white guy. That's a bit of a dichotomy that I can't quite bridge the gap on.

And that's my life story. I started with a Halo name, then was far removed from Halo, went back to Halo a bit, got further away from Halo, and finally circled back around. Like a halo. Okay, that was lame of me and I apologize sinceserely.

Anyways, now that I've effectively wasted everyone's time, I must beg for forgiveness thank everyone for their attention. Hope to see great things here in the future! Thanks!

Cool. You're perfect for this forum then. Seriously. Every now and then we'll have some haters doing crazy things because 343i made their life horrible because of some OP gun, and they'll write a whole piece kind of like your's, but just full of a description of that one gun and why they hate it, etc. I didn't have to tell you that. lol But seriously, you will effin' LOVE this place.

I agree, but better to give unnecessary information than to omit that which is necessary. The question lies in what's defined as necessary... Ah well. Try it at weddings, it works. Or maybe everywhere but weddings. Yeah, that's it...

Thanks!

The medal should go to whomever reads all of it and maintains their sanity...

Thanks! I have an Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but I also got a gaming PC a couple months ago that I've been enamored with, so glad there's some variety! The short story contest interests me; I'll have to look into that.

That sounds fun! But how spooky are we talking? Because I don't want to be 2spooky.

And it's good for you to have me.

Fight? What?

2Spooky is great. GO 2SPOOKY! ;)

Well, we aren't a site of baseless complainers, now are we people? Don't worry Locke, you should find plenty of quality discussion here.

Welcome to the forums.

No, we're sertainly not! We're a place of Halo fun and discussions, so if that's what you are, then welcome to the community my fine feller! :)

2Spooky is great. GO 2SPOOKY! ;)

Done! "ONI Spook" was an idea that I had a couple of months ago in an attempt to try and anonymize and individualize my identity online, rather than have it be synonymous with the mysterious character in the upcoming Halo games. ONI agents are sometimes referred to as "spooks" in the Halo universe, as are agents of the CIA and other such organizations in the real world. Unfortunately, that gamertag was already taken, so I remain Agent Locke. Here, though, I'll have some more levity.

Well, we aren't a site of baseless complainers, now are we people? Don't worry Locke, you should find plenty of quality discussion here.

Welcome to the forums.

No, we're sertainly not! We're a place of Halo fun and discussions, so if that's what you are, then welcome to the community my fine feller! :)

Glad to hear! Hard to find some thinking minds in this day and age.

Welcome to the forums! You'll have fun! See you around in forums and shoutbox! :)

I'll be around, now that the shoutbox has granted me access! Apparently a bunch of functions like editing your own posts are locked until you reach 5 posts, which is obnoxious, but that is no longer an issue. I'm as Unchained as Steeve Reeves.

Welcome to the forums :3

Thanks! But uh... do you need any help with your decapitation addiction? That doesn't sound healthy at all.