I hope halo 4 is as impressive as gears of war 3.

PBinTheDecree

Gears 3 is so amazing to play online. Basically no lag because of the dedicated servers and i have not seen any glitches yet. Gears has kept the gameplay basically the same throughout all 3 games which is a good thing. They would add suttle changed each game to keep it fresh and i love it. Same with the halo trilogy, bungie seemed to keep the same gameplay and add suttle changes here and there. Then came reach with huge changes and they sucked. I feel bad for the people who are still telling themselves reach is a good game. The maps are horrible along with some new weapons. The aa's once again are terrible and destroyed what halo was. Even things like blocking the sword to me is stupid. I miss the trilogy and how it felt. 343 please make halo 4 something amazing like gears 3 is. It seems it has been way too many years since a bad ass halo came out. Halo odst sucked i thought because the story was all messed up and then halo reach...well you know why.

I actually enjoyed ODST a great deal. I liked all the freedom to roam the city. But yes, I agree that Reach was too much of a change from the classic halo feel. Hopefully with Ryan Payton gone (the creative director for Reach) Halo 4 will feel more like the original trilogy.

How was Halo 3:ODST's story messed up? It takes place during Halo 2, and you get to land in the shoes of someone smaller, and weaker than a spartan.....It had beautiful music with the most gloomy but depressing scenery. Well, that's the thing, Reach wasn't that bad for some people, I mean....Gears 3 to me isn't all that epic...the constant ridiculous updates during gears 2 ruined the series's multiplayer for me. The multiplayer on gears 3 isn't near as fun as gears 2's ever was, my opinion anyways.

• Like 1

I severely hope Halo 4 returns with that genuine Halo feel/vibe. It needs to play like a Halo game. Not like a game it's trying to compete with (Call of Duty)... No maps that are annoying to navigate, no armor abilities, no grenades that fling way past than where I want them... Halo 3 was the perfect game. Make it play like that.

And I realize that things change, but damn, Halo Reach was a change for the worst. Of course I'm going to be mad about it.

How was Halo 3:ODST's story messed up? It takes place during Halo 2, and you get to land in the shoes of someone smaller, and weaker than a spartan.....It had beautiful music with the most gloomy but depressing scenery. Well, that's the thing, Reach wasn't that bad for some people, I mean....Gears 3 to me isn't all that epic...the constant ridiculous updates during gears 2 ruined the series's multiplayer for me. The multiplayer on gears 3 isn't near as fun as gears 2's ever was, my opinion anyways.
Think about how in halo 2 every odst you saw had a br.. in odst there wasn't even a br in the game. Just little things here and there. I just thought it was a cheesy game. Probably the worst voice acting out of any halo.

Gear 3 is TERRIBLE online! It provides no fun experience AT ALL. So what if there's no lag? Doesn't matter if the game itself sucks! Also the campaign was also truly boring and unfunny. The hoarder mode was alright... I'm impressed with beast mode, but other than that, I hated the game... I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

Hopefully with Ryan Payton gone (the creative director for Reach) Halo 4 will feel more like the original trilogy.

:offtopic:

Amen, brother! I don't believe anyone at 343i lost any sleep over that. Wouldn't even be surprised if there was a bit of a celebration over it. I hope to see some ingenuity in H4 (both in Campaign and in MP), but nothing that detracts from the gameplay.

On topic:

As for being of similar or identical quality to GoW3: forget that, man. It better be absolutely amazing compared to that. It ought to make people literally forget all about GoW.

Fingers crossed. One more year. ^_^

Gear 3 is TERRIBLE online! It provides no fun experience AT ALL. So what if there's no lag? Doesn't matter if the game itself sucks! Also the campaign was also truly boring and unfunny. The hoarder mode was alright... I'm impressed with beast mode, but other than that, I hated the game... I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

So you played the beta? because im playing online right now and averaging 10 kills a match and having a blast.