The Flood

• 1 month later...

Yep. I had a gripe withe canon on how the flood was first deseminated in ancient times. It would have been better to have it as a mystery from infections on outer rim mining facilities. It would be more believable than frikkin canisters of powder then this powder is fed to our pets? Believable rather than the fantastic in a story.

I agree with that you're saying; though I think the powder was essentially just Flood spores. As stated on the Halo Wiki, the Precursors reverted into a dust like substance, after a long time, it became corrupted and only causes horrible diseases. 

This can easily mean that the spores we see that're Flood spores are actually dust like particles secreted from Biomass to infect more biological organism. 

Onto the flood in general, I think there is something to do with the Domain and the Graveminds, as the Flood has been able to hold all of their knowledge intact for thousands of years, which would mean that there has to be something storing their knowledge. I think there might be a relay station just outside of the Galaxy that's connected to a larger Precursor Domain network. This would then make sense as to how the Graveminds are able to contain their limitless knowledge when the species is brought back from only a few hundred active Flood forms in a Stage 0 infection to their Stage 05 fleets. 

I loved the flood.

I might be one of the few remaining HCE fanatics in the world, but they were the perfect twist to a game that was already beautiful and perfect.

(I went back to HPC just before ODST came out and dominated with an outstanding k/d with an entirely full game of FFA, and I was top of the leader board; I miss that island map.)

When I was a kid, playing HCE on my dad's tower of an XPS, the Flood terrified me and have continued to be a staple, a hallmark, of the series.

When that gondola scene happened in H4, I thought Halo 2 fans would be happy (I hate-- I DESPISE gondolas), but ultimately, I was disappointed that Forerunners were supposed to be the shocking and terrifying and yadda yadda yadda; they were underwhelming. The Flood? Nostalgia, fear, and all those years spent gaming on that aging tower rush back to me. THEY were a threat.

I hope the Flood comes back. They actually made the game challenging.

• 2 weeks later...

The Flood from a gameplay perspective were interesting as well. The covenant are simply cover and shooting based enemies.(mostly) Although the Flood come at you from every direction and have human and covenant weapons avaible. They can also be resurrected causing a "flood" of enemies on you. Truly interesting and would love to see more of them.

• Like 1

I have a strong feeling of flood returning, and not just because of seeing them on the Spirit of Fire. Love'em or hate'em, they broke the monotony of fighting the Covenant.

Prometheans did a decent job of covering that role in Halo 4, but a lot of people did not like them on account of their cheap get away tactics and Watchers up their butt 89% of the time. However, at this point I want to see the four way war on my screen. Promethean Vs. Flood Vs. UNSC Vs. Covenant. Let's not forget that's the reason Prometheans even exist is to destroy the Flood. I'd like to see them try.

I'd like it to be a shade of the Halo 2 room on Gravemind, where it was Brutes Vs. Elites, and whoever was sided with those two fighting as well. Complete Chaos. We saw this in Halo 4 when the Covenant remnant was fighting the Prometheans when they were still under the Librarians control, and that was pretty cool to spectate. Any condition where the A.I is fighting other A.I instead of you, was always cool to me.

As for the way the flood is supposed to be gameplay wise, I believe they should make them more diverse. They started this in Halo 3 with the ever-changing pureblood flood that would change from Spiders to Tanks, and then to shooters. From some of the MegaBloks we have seen, thanks to MoM Yoshi of course, it seems they may innovate what the flood could do with vehicles and the environment. around them. Story wise, I believe they should dive into the Precursors at this point. Every time I listen to the Gravemind, I just think about what the Forerunner's did to them, and nearly everything the Monster says allures back to it. I see it High time to expand upon what the Flood REALLY are. 

Edited by rrhuntington

The Watchers drove me bonkers. Then again, so did the pure forms.

What disappointed me in the AI v. AI scene near the finale of H4 was how if either side spotted you, boom, you become the priority. I mean, it makes sense to have the MC be an HVT, but it makes the entire battle very difficult to spectate, which makes for many sad pandas.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...