Multiplayer currently a "big focus" for Halo on Xbox One.

Ghost Recon

Multiplayer currently a "big focus" for Halo on Xbox One.

Source:  http://www.totalxbox.com/72399/multiplayer-currently-a-big-focus-for-halo-on-xbox-one/

Article from source: You have to feel for Microsoft's Phil Spencer. No sooner does he state that more Halo news will be coming at E3, he gets bombarded with questions from eager Twitter followers trying to eke out some more information. Let's take a look:

Obviously the main point of reference most of us have to go on is that teaser trailer from last year, of which Spencer reminded us that it's not necessarily a direct lifting of events from the game, but more a metaphorical representation of the journey of Master Chief, so it may not have any direct plot relevance.

Later, Twitter user BobFTW14 tried to get Phil to say if he'd seen any in-game footage and how it compared to the trailer, but he wouldn't be drawn on that just yet, but did mention the current keepers of the Halo-verse - 343 Industries - are currently focusing heavily on the multiplayer side of the game, with "great progress" being made thus far.

Microsoft's Rob Semsey previously reassured us that we will see new Halo in 2014, but 343 have very reason to take their time - after all, MS have said Halo is their "most important IP."

Have any wishes for Halo on Xbox One? Sound off in the comments below.

28 Feb

Vagelis v@VagelisVala

@XboxP3 regarding halo, the footage on last year's e3. was it footage representative of how the game engine will be?, concept art or what

Phil Spencer @XboxP3

@VagelisVala last years halo piece was a concept around MC's journey.
10:41 AM - 28 Feb 2014

Papery@visteps

@XboxP3 @shinobi602 @VagelisVala In other words.. it was all just pre rendered CG

Phil Spencer @XboxP3

@visteps @shinobi602 @VagelisVala Yes, I've been clear on that since E3, never tried to pass that off as gameplay.

Papery@visteps

@XboxP3 @shinobi602 @VagelisVala In other words.. it was all just pre rendered CG

Phil Spencer @XboxP3
Follow
@visteps @shinobi602 @VagelisVala Yes, I've been clear on that since E3, never tried to pass that off as gameplay.

Phil Spencer @XboxP3
Follow

Phil Spencer @XboxP3
Follow

I should hope so, I want to experience an amazing journey with the Halo Campaign (Not that I haven't already but this is next gen), and the multiplayer has to be on par with what a lot of us veteran Halo gamers want and have asked for. Not to sound demanding but Halo 4's multiplayer wasn't exactly the best. But, I have good hopes for Halo 5 and I hope to be blown away with what they show us at E3.