quicktjc

I just wanna say halo 4 was one of the worst games Ive ever played. I felt like Microsoft should never of let 343 make the game. They totally ruined it, it just doesn't feel like halo. I bet if Microsoft let bungie make it, it would be 10 times better. You cant take a company who's made the game and just have them leave, why replace them? Just doesn't make any sense. I will not be buying halo 5, i grew up with halo, Ive been playing since i was six with my big brother who's married now. Im seventeen now and i just cant stand the game. Halo 3, 2, 1 were the best. Halo reach is 10 times better then halo 4. 343 ruined it and Im done with it, my brother loves halo but he was hurt when he played halo 4, he returned it. Ill be selling my halo 4 special edition, it doesn't feel like halo so i don't want it. I hope 343 sees this.

• Like 1

Okay, first and foremost, this is a community forum, there's a sign right above you. Secondly, it's fine that you didn't enjoy the game, but your facts are messed up. Bungie had a contract with microsoft, and that contract ended after Halo: Reach. Also, members of Bungie returned to 343i, so, you're still calling Bungie bad, even when you refer to them as 343i. And this isn't 343i's fault either, 343i is an amazing company, as seen by their work when they are not rushed out the door by MS. An example being the Defiant Map Pack, which was made by 343i, a favorite DLC in the franchise.

• Like 4

You have a great point it just doesn't make any sense. Contract? I feel like 343i should have never touched halo. They did make a great dlc for halo reach but just that. Have you ever played spartan op's? Its literally the same thing every time, just different lame location's. The game itself was trash, just waking up in space too a bunch of alien frozen creatures was lame. To make it even worse the campaign compared to halo 3 was trash, worst I've ever played. The game doesn't deserve my play. Im no longer playing halo unless its halo 3, 2 or 1. I can bet and most certainly put money down they're gonna milk it out like guitar hero. They're gonna make a bunch of them, they're all gonna be the same thing. All Im saying is 343i doesn't and will never have my respect, they shouldn't have touched that game. However if bungie made halo the sales itself would rise and more people would be playing.

You have a great point it just doesn't make any sense. Contract? I feel like 343i should have never touched halo. They did make a great dlc for halo reach but just that. Have you ever played spartan op's? Its literally the same thing every time, just different lame location's. The game itself was trash, just waking up in space too a bunch of alien frozen creatures was lame. To make it even worse the campaign compared to halo 3 was trash, worst I've ever played. The game doesn't deserve my play. Im no longer playing halo unless its halo 3, 2 or 1. I can bet and most certainly put money down they're gonna milk it out like guitar hero. They're gonna make a bunch of them, they're all gonna be the same thing. All Im saying is 343i doesn't and will never have my respect, they shouldn't have touched that game. However if bungie made halo the sales itself would rise and more people would be play.

343i's trash=Halo 4 sucking

You have a great point it just doesn't make any sense. Contract? I feel like 343i should have never touched halo. They did make a great dlc for halo reach but just that. Have you ever played spartan op's? Its literally the same thing every time, just different lame location's. The game itself was trash, just waking up in space too a bunch of alien frozen creatures was lame. To make it even worse the campaign compared to halo 3 was trash, worst I've ever played. The game doesn't deserve my play. Im no longer playing halo unless its halo 3, 2 or 1. I can bet and most certainly put money down they're gonna milk it out like guitar hero. They're gonna make a bunch of them, they're all gonna be the same thing. All Im saying is 343i doesn't and will never have my respect, they shouldn't have touched that game. However if bungie made halo the sales itself would rise and more people would be playing.

Kenway

There was like only 3 to 4 bungie members who went that number was highly overrated but the reason Halo 4 sucked was because money grabbing

Microso$t wanted to make the quick holiday buck so they made 343i rush it out the door months before it was ready and so it sucked overall because it

was unfinished. :)

Bungie: Had contract to create 5 Halo titles for Microsoft, had a small grudge against MC due to some development/contract issues. Didn't want to renew their contract after Halo 3, which it expired but they still had to make 2 more games (ODST/Reach). Left Microsoft for Activision.

343Industries: Made up of many former Bungie employees who wished to continue working in the Halo universe. Started development on Halo titles from 2009, that being Halo CE:A and Halo 4. Took over Halo Reach from Bungie which added a new game to work on, also minorly dealt with Halo 3, but it's support wasn't maintained as extensively as Halo Reach.

Microsoft: Owner of the Halo franchise, had a 5 game contract with Bungie, new contract with 343i to make Halo games until further notice. Didn't force Bungie into a new contract and let them go, created 343i from ground up hiring a mass of employees from a variety of companies, a lot coming from Bungie. Forced 343 to make deadlines for example Halo 4, which shouldn't have another 4-6 months development in it, but Microsoft wanted money fast.

So in short, you shouldn't expect Bungie to have come back, they didn't want to make Halo anymore. You shouldn't blame 343i for pretty much anything except the appalling "Limited" Edition issues, and instead focus your blame onto Microsoft. 343i did their best to make a fun/entertaining game for the public, Microsoft were the ones that stopped that.

Another thing to note is that Bungie never made a perfect Halo, the closest they got was Halo CE, their first game. Halo 2 was not a complete game in any regard, Halo 3 was very very good, but still lacked content regarding the campaign. ODST never had a proper matchmaking system for Firefight and Halo Reach was hated by so many until the massive TU. They had decades to learn how to make a perfect game, and only achieved it once.

343i have had only half a decade and made a game worth of being called an AAA title, though still are in a learning process to make the best game possible.

• Like 8

I just wanna say halo 4 was one of the worst games Ive ever played. I felt like Microsoft should never of let 343 make the game. They totally ruined it, it just doesn't feel like halo. I bet if Microsoft let bungie make it, it would be 10 times better. You cant take a company who's made the game and just have them leave, why replace them? Just doesn't make any sense. I will not be buying halo 5, i grew up with halo, Ive been playing since i was six with my big brother who's married now. Im seventeen now and i just cant stand the game. Halo 3, 2, 1 were the best. Halo reach is 10 times better then halo 4. 343 ruined it and Im done with it, my brother loves halo but he was hurt when he played halo 4, he returned it. Ill be selling my halo 4 special edition, it doesn't feel like halo so i don't want it. I hope 343 sees this.

If you hate Halo 4 so much, keep that to yourself and play a different game, rather than joining a forum, posting hate upon a Halo game and maybe thinking us members of the 343i community forum actually give a damn. It annoys me when people complain and don't take into account the amount of effort in this case 343i has put into Halo 4, which in fact is their first attempt at making a game to continue the Halo series. Whilst I do think there are some personal issues here and there, Halo 4 was an amazing game, especially with the story. You can only get better by not giving up and trying harder the next time around, which is exactly what 343i will continue to do. Halo 4 was one of the best games of 2014, considering not a huge amount of games that came out were that great, Halo 4 was definitely at the top. Bungie don't want to keep making Halo anymore, as much as they take the series at heart, they want to make a new game, have a new experience and really show off what Bungie can do and/or show off their new engine so to speak. You should get some facts straight if you want to complain about a game. If this post seems like I'm angry, I'm not, simply stating the obvious. 

• Like 1

That is not how I feel about the game. I had my memories with every game but most of my memories were held with H3. The community was very competitive, you could play MLG all day and feel like you learned something new after every game, great customs with friends, and just an overall classic Halo game.

H4 to me is a GREAT game. When Reach came out, I was very excited. Though I hated he ranking system and wanted it replaced with the classic ranking system, that eventually wore my love for the game. So I left it and went back to H3.

Finally moving on to H4 about 4 - 6 months ago, I love this game. I went back and forth but finally decided that Reach is by far my least favorite Halo game. Too many changes made to the Halo title which set it all up for H4 to make many more that I actually enjoy now. Unsure how I could ever imagine myself saying that even after 6+ years of H3 I finally found the game I needed to move on from. Try playing your favorite Halo game for over half a decade and I'm sure you would eventually start looking to move on as well.

Halo 4 is a great game with mistakes just like any other Halo release and any other game.

With H3 it was definitely the shot registration. If you four shotted someone, it wasn't guaranteed to add to your kills unless you had host connection.

With Reach is was the bloom and Armor Lock that destroyed the fun for me.

H2 was all the cheaters. No doubt.

CE was flawless and vanilla.

Point hopefully made clearly. 

• Like 2

Congratulations. You are the 1.000.000th poster of this kind of topic. And your price is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Just like everything you've achieved by posting this! Please collect your award from the garbage bin!

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 1

Kenway

There was like only 3 to 4 bungie members who went that number was highly overrated but the reason Halo 4 sucked was because money grabbing

Microso$t wanted to make the quick holiday buck so they made 343i rush it out the door months before it was ready and so it sucked overall because it

was unfinished. :)

Easy cowboy

343 worked on Halo 4 for years, since Bungie's rights to Halo expired after Reach. It ended up being exactly what 343 wanted it to be, and was bug free for all I know. Sure, it was sub-par compared to Bungie's releases, but that wasn't due to time constraint, it was due to the changes posed by 343. Nevertheless, Halo 4 may have a less-than-awesome Halo, but still ended up being a very good shooter by shooter standards imo.

First of all if you didnt like the game, then why not play a different game? And to think that you actually joined a community full of Halo 4 fans. Well the most simple thing you can do is just turn in the game and get a new game. Or are you going to make another topic about how sucky the game you get is? While your at it dont let the door hit you on the way out ^_^!

• 2 weeks later...