Iconic/Defining Weapon of Halo 2?

BCap

What would you guys say the iconic weapon of Halo 2 is (since the Assault Rifle didn't appear at all)? My choice would have to be the SMG (especially since it's on the cover) or the Battle Rifle (since most of your allies wield it).  Also, why'd they remove the Assault Rifle from Halo 2, anyway?

I really liked the Scarab-Gun Plasma Rifle from the Metropolis, mostly because there is only one in the Halo universe (though possibly one in Reach as well) and it took me like 4 hours to get the first time. Absolutely worth it though. Halo 2 demands a next-gen reboot.

As per "Iconic" weapon, the Battle Rifle is the ultimate go-to in this game.

• Like 1

Battle rifle. You start most human missions with it. Why they didn't keep the assault rifle? Maybe they were trying to flesh out there weapons, trying something new..

Just imagine what that scarab gun would look like... It's gonna be beautiful.

Halo 2 was made back in 2004 everyone already knows Bungie took out the AR to mix things up a bit.

Also we have already seen the Scarab Gun. It looks like a standard plasma rifle. It is just an easter egg weapon. It isn't a real canon weapon. 

The assault rifle it has been in every game  ( apart from halo 2 ) and it a awesome weapon to use. :)

This topic was asking for a Halo 2 weapon but fun fact: 2 SMG's had an equal damage equivalent of a single Halo CE assault rifle.  The More You know :horse: