Elder Scrolls Online: $15 Subscription Fee

Silent Orbis

Hello everybody,

As you all know, Skyrim (ES5) was a hit. No multiplayer, but it was MASSIVE! The Elder Scrolls Online was announced a while ago. It is an Elder Scrolls game which you can play with your friends, this time anywhere in Tamriel. Now,I did quite a bit of research, and found that on top of $60, you had to pay an additional $15 per month. That isn't so bad, considering all other MMO's like World of Warcraft with the extension packs, etc. But, what about people like me? What about people buying a PS4, or an Xbox One? I've thought about it, and it seems completely unreasonable that we'd have to pay $60 a year, for XBL, $60 to buy the game, and $15 a month on top of that. Play ESO for a year, and you'd pay $320 in all JUST for playing for a year. It's... a rip off. Now, maybe the subscription fee really was only for PC? But (this isn't a direct comparison), look at EA. You still need to have an Origin account which is very inconsiderate and unresourceful, even if you don't have to pay. What I'm saying, is that people are still unreasonable, and I'm guessing that this new company developing ESO (Zenimax Online) could do something stupid. We haven't really seen any major game, if any from the, before. So that means we don't really know surely what they will do. If there is a $15 per month fee for consoles as well, then I'm not going to bother with Elder Scrolls Online.

I would be ok with it if the game was free and you just had to pay 15 bucks a month to pay it but the fact you have to BUY the game and then PAY to play it is just stupid.
The best way to show that you're against it is DON'T BUY IT. The same thing happened with SWTOR and it eventually went free-to-play. Speak with your wallet and don't support something like this. I assure you if they see sales drop they will act somehow perhaps making it 5 dollars a month or free-to-play regardless this MMO subscription model is just idiotic and needs to be stopped. We shouldn't be supporting such toxic behavior.
I understand it takes money to run the servers but this is still a costly business practice and unfair to elder scrolls fans like me who love the series but don't have the disposable income to pay for this. 

I got my money on a fallout mmo hopefully but I am still a fan of the elder scrolls series and hopefully the is subscription fee will not be on the ps4 and Xbone otherwise it would just be to much to pay for maybe Microsoft , sony  could sort some of deal with zenimax maybe every player who plays the elder scrolls online a month they have to give 5 pounds to zenimax. :)

I got my money on a fallout mmo hopefully but I am still a fan of the elder scrolls series and hopefully the is subscription fee will not be on the ps4 and Xbone otherwise it would just be to much to pay for maybe Microsoft , sony  could sort some of deal with zenimax maybe every player who plays the elder scrolls online a month they have to give 5 pounds to zenimax. :)

I highly doubt something like that will happen so far the subscription fee is for everyone. 

I highly doubt something like that will happen so far the subscription fee is for everyone. 

Well if there is a subscription fee then not many people would play it on consoles  

For Xbox one a year it would be 320

For Ps4 a year it would be 310

That's just to much a year altogher. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I'd prefer they remade all the elder scrolls games into one environment and made that given freely as part of the new Xbox system. A link to game called Eldest scroll. A comperable verision of this linked to other games as a walkthrough is one of my main goals. Picture this all the elder scrolls environments combined with earth as one planet with the avatar world as another continent and AHalo ring above Each continent and another ark above them with a kryptonian/Babylonian moon in its center.

I'd prefer they remade all the elder scrolls games into one environment and made that given freely as part of the new Xbox system. A link to game called Eldest scroll. A comperable verision of this linked to other games as a walkthrough is one of my main goals. Picture this all the elder scrolls environments combined with earth as one planet with the avatar world as another continent and AHalo ring above Each continent and another ark above them with a kryptonian/Babylonian moon in its center.

I think that would be wayyyyyy to much time to make wayyyyy to big of a game to boot it would not be possible and remember if Bethesda or zenimax or obsidian if they feel up to it could do it well it would be on the ps4 as well. :) 

When you look at the system of proposed environments I'm thinking of using as well as how we could integrate forge to the user this only brings about more forging and small twists of use full products and helps determine fields found to be the best forged products. 343i making it for private is also just fun. I'd do it right now. And it would still be better and I think had as an easily available option you'd side with me on this and have fun exploring the world.