Emails sent from Microsoft giving away Killer Instinct for free to selected customers.

Adam91

freeki_zps1e052d69.png

Microsoft has been sending out emails to selected customers giving away free digital copies of Killer Instinct for the Xbox One for when it launches on November 22nd.

The emailed said "You're a fan of ours and we're a fan of yours.Thank you for your dedication to Xbox. We want to show you our appreciation, so we're giving you Killer Instinct."

Some have been told that this offer is not legitimate but it has been confirmed that it is on the Xbox Support twitter account.  It hasn't been clear what exactly Xbox gamers need to do or to have done to be awarded this freebie but Xbox Supported has stated, 

"We've selected a bunch of our Xbox fans for their support and as a celebration for the upcoming Xbox One,"

They also said, 

"We don't have any specifics on that other than that some users have received a gift."

"We considered a variety of things like Gamerscore, Live tenure and other factors in markets where Xbox One is available."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-microsoft-is-emailing-select-gamers-with-free-xbox-one-killer-instinct-offer

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

that sounds pretty cool but unfortunately i wont be getting the xbone at launch cos there will be technical problems and it will be downrated so i dont wanna be part of the hate cos im a nice guy

I understand that you don't want to get the X1 at launch because there will most likely be technical problems, but the part that gets me is that you don't want to be part of the hate because you're a nice guy?

You're going to get hate no matter what. Some people are just rude and will insult you for even liking Xbox. Heck some people are jerks and will insult you no matter what. It doesn't matter if you're a nice guy or not if you're a nice guy then you will stay a nice guy. Unless you're regarding that you're X1 will have technical problems and that would make you mad so you don't want to act out of anger. if that is the case then that makes sense but you weren't exactly specific.

Regardless this is awesome news thanks for the info Adamj! Hopefully someone here gets to be part of it.