Survivor or Recharge?

Trifle10

support upgrade  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Survivor or Recharge?

with this new update, what support upgrade do you prefer? if you havent used one, dont post until you do

what each one does

• survivor ejects you out of your vehicle when its destroyed, but you take no damage and you dont die
  • recharge decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge

on my main class, i have survivor since it helps in dominion. i have recharge on another class

Recharge - very useful and can prove very useful in MP

Survivor - your vehicle gets hit by a Spartan laser or rocket launcher blows up and you eject from the vehicle suffering no damage? sound a little familiar to an old AA from Halo Reach? Yep this is Halo 4's take on Armor Lock, this one will cause arguments galore...

• Like 1

I haven't really found Survivor to be all that useful, to be honest. Most vehicles get destroyed from concentrated fire in enemy territory, so the most likely result is that you'll be thrown out of your vehicle only to be killed a few seconds later anyway: it's buying a few extra seconds of life at best, especially considering that your shields will almost certainly have been wiped out by whatever destroyed your vehicle in the first place. That said, I can see it being extremely useful for players in the passenger seats of vehicles, as they don't need to worry so much about losing something useful thanks to being a bigger target when carrying either an objective or a power weapon.

I'm really liking the Recharge ability, especially when I'm being hit by weapons that don't do shield bleedthrough damage (like the DMR or the single-shot mode of the Lightrifle.) It also fixes one of the biggest issues that I have with the game by making it much more possible to take on opponents in succession, as I quite frequently survive fights only to be gunned down by the next opponent before my shields have even started coming back up. Its also a great way of wearing opponents down, as you can wait for your own shields to begin recharging, fire a quick shot at an opponent to deny them theirs, and then continue retreating until your recharge kicks in again. I find it synergises extremely well with either Mobility or Shielding, the former as it allows you to move more freely and quickly about the map with less waiting time after each fight, and the latter because it drastically increases your chances of going into fights at full strength.

So overall, definitely preferring Recharge!

I find it synergises extremely well with either Mobility or Shielding, the former as it allows you to move more freely and quickly about the map with less waiting time after each fight, and the latter because it drastically increases your chances of going into fights at full strength.

could recharge be used in combination with this for a greater chance at a perfection or should a new loadout be made?

could recharge be used in combination with this for a greater chance at a perfection or should a new loadout be made?

Do you mean, could it be used with an existing loadout? Almost certainly, I don't think you'd need any special set up other than that to increase your chances of a Perfection.

After trying both i think recharge is my choice.  Survivor just kicked me out only for me to die seconds later anyway.

One of the few situations i can see it being useful is when getting hit by a spartan laser from a distance therefore your typically not already surrounded.

I put both of them in my load outs for when I will be able to test them, the Recharge in my "CQC"/Hunter" style load out and the other Survivor in my "Vehicles Designed" loadout, both to serve a purpose, and do it well.

Personally I find the Recharge more valuable for a couple main reasons.

A. I don't die often in vehicles in a match, I dominate pretty well with a vehicle I sought after and obtained, and don't die often, if at all in it, so Survivor is not that useful for me.

B. Recharge is helpful to get rid of that awful slow time to recharge normal shields, I get frustrated just waiting to have them charge up, when in the previous games, it wasn't like this. Though I can still get triple kills, etc, while they're recharging, but that doesn't happen the way I'd like because I'm too cautious about shields being busted by plasma weapons which people enjoy to use.

C. Most maps don't even have a vast array of vehicles that are available in the beginning of most matches, only BTB and CTF will have a vehicle for most people (to my knowledge), so having Survivor in a loadout in a match like Infinity Slayer would be so utterly useless.

I have a few more minor reasons, but those are my main points to seeing Recharge more useful than Survivor.

Survivor does seem kind of overpowered because if someone works hard to destroy a vehicle, it's to kill the player in it as well, but then with this they have a chance to escape and it sounds frustrating. Besides, I'd like to play fair in a vehicle, because what when I die in a vehicle I just say "Alright, I had a good run." and continue. It just seems a little silly to me.

Recharge on the other hand sounds perfect for a player like me. I like to run and gun; I don't like taking cover for long once my shields recharge. But, it all depends on how much faster. I'm planning to experiment on how much faster it recharges than the normal shield IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!- //shot

Honestly, recharge has a similar effect to Shielding, which isn't too good of an upgrade in the first place. Plus for even gameplay, I think everyone should have the same shield recharge rate, but that's just me. As for survivor, it's actually more useful than I thought, though my first go it killed me and launched me to the top of the map a couple times. <_<

but survivor was an option I liked that makes sense, if you can crash a warthog in a 3 billion dollar suit of super soldier armor and survive. I mean if you can live through Requiem's gravity well, then a crash is a bit of a no-brainer, but for a tank I think it's overpowered. But again that's just what I think, survivor all the way.

• Like 2

Survival can be very useful for ejecting out of banshees. Unless you happen to be really high up. In a banshee there's really a lot less chance of you being ejected into the middle of a bunch of enemies and getting gunned down, since banshees are most often taken out by big guns, at at least some range.