DLC Map Rotation, where's Castle n Majestic?

FrankHuranku

I see in the do's & don't it says this section is for posting help & not asking for it, but I can't help but see the laundry list of posts doing just that.

I purchased the War Games Map Pass. I can't believe I've only noticed this now, but the new maps never....NEVER...pop up on BTB or 4v4. I have no interest in any other gametypes except slayer, so if the maps are only for dominion or ctf well, that sucks for me. I've been entering & quitting for over an hour now & not once have any of the 6 maps show up.

The packs show up when I look on my hard drive through the dashboard.

When I look on the marketplace through the game, the map packs don't even show up to give me an option of re-downloading them.

I can't help feeling a bit cheated. There are 19 maps, 6 are from those 2 packs so there is a 31% chance of one of them showing up & they never do.

?????

I also just checked, both Majestic's & Castle's maps show up if I go to start a custom game.

Its not you, its the other people you are playing with. You see, even if there is a 31% chance that a map should be dlc (its actually higher than that on playlists like SWAT and action sack), it won't, because everyone in the lobby has to have the dlc! Since less than 10% of all people who play Halo regularly have the dlc, and that 10% is spilt up into different playlists, it is rare to play a game on a dlc map.

Your best chance to actually play on a dlc map without entering a dlc only playlist is to be it into a game halfway over, and then you hope the lobby sticks together. Find one or two other people with the off maps and stick with them, then, the search engine will weigh the choosing of other players differently, making it more likely to play dlc maps.

Other than that, the dlc playlist rotates every few weeks, but once the new one comes out later this month, there should be a new, complete dlc playlist.

Wow, what a waste of money. I spent 90 minutes just entering BTB & backing out if it didn't have a map from those 2 packs & not once was given the option to select a map from those packs. Didn't play 1 game last night. Oh well thanks for the answer even if it's disappointing.