Conversion gametype forge contest anyone?

BaconShelf

I'm just thinking, who thinks that at some point, we should have a conversion forge contest? Obviously not now as we have two already but I, for one, loved forging Invasion in Reach for the possibilities and etc ideas.

What does anyone else think?

(Oh and is there a way in conversion to STOP defenders getting the extraction point? , thats off topic but appreciated!)

• Like 1

well I already posted my first conversion map in both the Community submission forum and THFE forum.

so i would be ok with starting the contest now.

once u go into forge an see how everything works its easy yo learn how to forge conversation. 

and no there isn't a way for defenders to not be able to capture it as far as i know.

the reason they cant convert it in the beginning is because it is already concreted theres. 

but when it starts to convert it is considered the attacking teams so they can take it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A Conversion contest is something that we've given quite a bit of thought to.  However, Conversion is an extremely complicated gametype to forge for.  Learning about all of the labeling is easy enough, but designing a good Conversion map is no mean feat, and these maps also require a lot of testing to perfect.  We already saw a significant drop in the quantity of submissions with the second Meet Your Maker contest because it was a more complex mode to forge for (Dominion).  Conversion is even more complex than Dominion in many ways, and because of this we feel that there would not be enough quality maps submitted for the contest to be a success.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I will say that it is somewhat unlikely at this time.

• Like 2

:huh: I don't understand, explain?

You don't understand what exactly? Conversion?

Conversion is a custom gametype that uses the base Halo 4 gametype "Extraction" to create a unique progressive experience much like Invasion.

It is essentially a whole new gametype. One flaw being that it is extremely difficult to forge a good conversion map. It requires extensive testing and forge knowledge to make. There are a lot of minor details the average forger would never use to help make this gametype it's own "gamemode" essentially. 

You don't understand what exactly? Conversion?

Conversion is a custom gametype that uses the base Halo 4 gametype "Extraction" to create a unique progressive experience much like Invasion.

It is essentially a whole new gametype. One flaw being that it is extremely difficult to forge a good conversion map. It requires extensive testing and forge knowledge to make. There are a lot of minor details the average forger would never use to help make this gametype it's own "gamemode" essentially. 

I think he was referring to Sword Lord's horrible joke, not Conversion itself.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...