Commanding Allies with your Voice (kinect)

Commanding Allies with your Voice   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Halo 5 use Voice Commands?

• Yes!!
    • No, I'm too lazy to talk:)

I think the kinect could make halo 5 amazing. Imagine you are being ambushed by enemies and you need backup. You shout out I need backup! and a squad of marines circle around you. You could even walk up to a warthog and say I'll drive or say take this rocket to switch weapons. You control their movement and who they shoot at with your voice. For example, you could say move up, fall back, hold this hill, take down that elite, toss frags, advance. Then they could even add conversation with you and your allies. You could say who are you? and he would reply with something like Brad Pitt. They could write so many funny conversations it would really add play value and make the game more fun to play. Please leave your thoughts and ideas below.

I think the voice commands like "I'll drive" would be cool, but any motion control stuff would absolutely not be that way, except for making a custom stance for your spartan or some machinima stuff(press a button instead of meleeing it), but nothing that you could use the controller for. It would just be awful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would put all of the voice commands,but not the player's stance because,as NoNeed said,there would be immature things.But it's a very good idea to apply to Halo and prove to all players how powerful Kinect can be and how it's works in games that are not only made for Kinect-only use. :thumbsup:

i don't think that calling in backup would always be realistic, because master chief has always been more a lone wolf. but when he does work alongside the marine AIs, having some commands would be a great addition. "I'll drive" or "I'll gun" are simple ideas that would add more engaging experience to the campaign. Personally, i would to be able to command marines in small fireteams when they are around me. Similar to the fireteam tags in reach, any marines around you would be added to your fireteam and would follow your commands during combat. Simple commands would include "push forward" (AIs gradually advance on object while firing) or "hold position" (AIs do not advance but defend against enemies). These commands could simply be cancelled by saying "check, check" to have AIs resume their regular combat habits. More complex commands could also be added by designating targets or positions with your own reticule. By pointing your reticule at key position on a battlefield and saying "move out" your fireteam will move to designated area and hold that area until they are "checked out". By aiming your reticule over an enemy target and saying "focus fire", your fireteam will focus their fire on the designated enemy target until it is eliminated or they are checked out

• Like 1

It doesn't need to utilize motion gaming. If you read my post, you could see that it is actually best suited for using voice commands

However, it would need to take into account accents, language, slang etc.

It wouldn't be possible to do.

this just seems like a waste of time money resources / staff and just comes off as a cheap gimmick :laughing:  

This. Way too much money for such a simple feature. 

Halo also needs to be a functional game, not a show-off of effects.

Plus voice control would probably raise a tsunami of problems and break the game beyond belief.

P.S. Imagine if they made the voice control complete, and your allies always did exactly as you said-

-and as you were walking away from the Xbox to get something to eat, you stubbed your toe and cursed......

However, it would need to take into account accents, language, slang etc.

It wouldn't be possible to do.

if anyone can turn the xbox on with voice commands through kinect, i don't see why they couldn't be used in a game too. They wouldn't include the kinect with every xbox one if it wasn't capable of facilitating different accents and languages. Slang would not be an issue either. Voice commands require a specific combination of words, it doesn't read your mind. It simply would not react to slang because it won't register with any of the available commands

• Like 1

if anyone can turn the xbox on with voice commands through kinect, i don't see why they couldn't be used in a game too. They wouldn't include the kinect with every xbox one if it wasn't capable of facilitating different accents and languages. Slang would not be an issue either. Voice commands require a specific combination of words, it doesn't read your mind. It simply would not react to slang because it won't register with any of the available commands

Exactly, It won't be hard. Plus I think it will make you feel more involved in the universe.