Trifle10

Ai-ammo  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Ai Have Ammo Limits?

• yes
    • no

just a general question

before you vote consider this...

your just starting legendary and your finding it super tougher then ever. you have used all your ammo and grenades only to find that your outnumbered. your dont want to die so you retreat around the corner where the enemies dont care. as you peak out around the corner, you get shot to the point of losing your shields so you retreat back around the corner. you peak out again only to lose shields and have to retreat again. while your around the corner, you try to rethink your tactics or look for sneak around path

that's the thing to consider.

now consider this other thing...

what if the ai ran out of ammo?

hope this helps you make an informed decision. if not, try being the new player who dies every 5 seconds

• Like 2

just a general question

before you vote consider this...

your just starting legendary and your finding it super tougher then ever. you have used all your ammo and grenades only to find that your outnumbered. your dont want to die so you retreat around the corner where the enemies dont care. as you peak out around the corner, you get shot to the point of losing your shields so you retreat back around the corner. you peak out again only to lose shields and have to retreat again. while your around the corner, you try to rethink your tactics or look for sneak around path

that's the thing to consider.

now consider this other thing...

what if the ai ran out of ammo?

hope this helps you make an informed decision. if not, try being the new player who dies every 5 seconds

This is a great idea. For one being shot at 24/7 by Enemies with unlimited Ammo is a real pain. If the Enemy ran out of ammo, then 343 could put allot of combat choices for the AI in.

Like the Enemies having to run around looking for ammo, or just picking up another gun: Maybe even UNSC weaponry and Forerunner weapons. Maybe even running the frick in and attacking you Hand to Hand when they run out of ammo. I would also like to see Grunts and Jackals at least trying to fend for themselves in CQC without just running off at the first sign of trouble.

+1 on limits.

I always find it annoying that AI run around with bottomless clip and infinite ammo. It makes Legendary difficulty just a big pain in the ass. I can't stand seeing a Promethean Knight run around with an incinerator cannon with those attributes, it sucks. 

• Like 1

Your looking for the easy way out lol.

I voted no.. They should never run out of ammo, they should be on my tail throwing as many grenades as they can to keep my ass running. Whizzing every shot by my face! I wanna feel the heat off the plasma. I want my controller to be all sweaty with anxiety.

If you want it easy don't put it on legendary. :awesome:

• Like 1

I voted no, because this would also have to apply to your allied AI, not just the enemy AI. And let's face it, the allied AI have a hard enough time surviving as it is WITH a bottomless clip. So taking that away would just completely screw them over. Also, like Bob said, it make it too easy. :D

The game would be too easy if they could run out of ammo. Pop in and out of cover, waste their shots, let your shield take the hits, repeat until they run out. Then slaughter everyone.

I like the game as it is. If you want easy, don't play on Legendary. Legendary is only for those with skill. Start on a lower difficulty if you're new. And then, if you get skilled enough to play on Legendary with ease, toss a few skulls in and enjoy a new challenge.

I voted no, because this would also have to apply to your allied AI, not just the enemy AI. And let's face it, the allied AI have a hard enough time surviving as it is WITH a bottomless clip. So taking that away would just completely screw them over. Also, like Bob said, it make it too easy. :D

the marines stink as it is. no matter how many times i have let them drive, they let the warthog get to on fire points or end up driving off a cliff. when you give them a power weapon, they may get 1 or 2 kills but generally betray their teammates. sure its great that the marines spray and may help with a few kills. your enemies also kill your allies

The game would be too easy if they could run out of ammo. Pop in and out of cover, waste their shots, let your shield take the hits, repeat until they run out. Then slaughter everyone.

I like the game as it is. If you want easy, don't play on Legendary. Legendary is only for those with skill. Start on a lower difficulty if you're new. And then, if you get skilled enough to play on Legendary with ease, toss a few skulls in and enjoy a new challenge.

isnt that what half the players do? appear in sight, fire a whole clip, take cover upon low shields, repeat until either dead or enemies cleared

I would like this, but a system would need to be implemented so they pick up weapons on the battlefield. 

i think i get it. have them start with weapons that are weak to medium weak and have them scout to find better weapons like we do

Your looking for the easy way out lol.

I voted no.. They should never run out of ammo, they should be on my tail throwing as many grenades as they can to keep my *** running. Whizzing every shot by my face! I wanna feel the heat off the plasma. I want my controller to be all sweaty with anxiety.

If you want it easy don't put it on legendary. :awesome:

no im not looking for the easy way out. its so much challenge on the last mission where you have to activate switches to lower the composers shield. if you die btwn the long flight and the shields lowered, you lose your better weapons and have to fight your way back up with default crappier weapons only to be ambushed by an incineration cannon. your saying that you want that happen on every mission? i have beat legendary solo, though it was very tough on half the missions. if you are feeling the heat of a plasma, most likely your stuck

I really do think they should have limited ammunition. Cause they can just pin you down for so long before you can move again. Great idea, I really hope they will at least consider this at 343i.

+1 on limits.

I always find it annoying that AI run around with bottomless clip and infinite ammo. It makes Legendary difficulty just a big pain in the ***. I can't stand seeing a Promethean Knight run around with an incinerator cannon with those attributes, it sucks. 

well said you 2

another intresting idea would be to have your ai enemies have limited ammo while you and your allies have a bottomless clip

• Like 1

no im not looking for the easy way out. its so much challenge on the last mission where you have to activate switches to lower the composers shield. if you die btwn the long flight and the shields lowered, you lose your better weapons and have to fight your way back up with default crappier weapons only to be ambushed by an incineration cannon. your saying that you want that happen on every mission? i have beat legendary solo, though it was very tough on half the missions. if you are feeling the heat of a plasma, most likely your stuck

Like I said, your looking for the easy way out. It's plain and simple you want your enemies to be able to run out of ammo and become sitting ducks. Am I right?

^I can't say it any better than this^

isnt that what half the players do? appear in sight, fire a whole clip, take cover upon low shields, repeat until either dead or enemies cleared

So your talking about matchmaking right? I'm confused I thought this thread was about campaign. :unknw:

I don't believe people play the same way on matchmaking as they do in the campaign.

Like I said, your looking for the easy way out. It's plain and simple you want your enemies to be able to run out of ammo and become sitting ducks. Am I right?

^I can't say it any better than this^

So your talking about matchmaking right? I'm confused I thought this thread was about campaign. :unknw:

I don't believe people play the same way on matchmaking as they do in the campaign.

• first, this thread is about halo 4 general discussion
  • second, you say that i want the easy way out? i never take the easy way out. have you looked at the players? we are the sitting ducks. have you tried playing legendary with no allies and no other weapons other than what you spawn with? have you tried taking on a group of 15 prometheans who have the advange and who also know your every move before it even happens?
  • third, with matchmaking you can resupply or pick up a new weapon. at least everyone in the game (excluding flood), has to play by almost all the same settings. which means that no one has an advantage until the killing starts
  • fourth, the last quote, i was talking about matchmaking because all the matches ive been in, thats what ive seen players do (except in areas where theres no cover)
  • fifth, i see no point in replying again, as we will just be flooding this topic with your "ninja enemies" and "easy way taker" points. and my "enemies should feel it on the other foot" point

as fifth said, the enemies should feel it on the other foot, not just on easy, but for all difficulites. having them run out of ammo trying to survive until they find another weapon, trying to survive a 3 shot kill from the under powered weapons, having to fail because they couldnt do more to save the objective

if you cant see it this way, imagine this:

• 1,000 promethean knights with incineration cannons and binary rifles
  • 1 path to the objective
  • 100 wraiths, and 1,000 banshees waiting for you
  • basically: being outnumbered with little hope of pass
  • consider: this is a final exam. your score goes higher with more kills and goes lower with more deaths. your lucky to even score a 50

let me put it another way. you like multiplayer? be on a slayer team by yourself against 15 other players. all you have is a plasma pistol with limited ammo and you cant pick up another weapon, not even melee does nothing. your enemies all have rocket launchers with bottomless clips. all it takes is 1-2 shots to kill you since your damage res is at 50%. your dam mod is at 75%. your enemies dam mod is at 200% and dam res is at 200%. now you tell me how you expect to kill all 15 of them in the same life or do you expect to give them 1 million kills before you can finish them off

I'm not trying to mock or correct your post by the big red numbers, just making pinpoints to address them.

• 1. first, this thread is about halo 4 general discussion
  • second, you say that i want the easy way out? i never take the easy way out. have you looked at the players? we are the sitting ducks. 2. have you tried playing legendary with no allies and no other weapons other than what you spawn with? 3. have you tried taking on a group of 15 prometheans who have the advange and who also know your every move before it even happens?
  •  third, with matchmaking you can resupply or pick up a new weapon. at least everyone in the game (excluding flood), has to play by almost all the same settings. which means that no one has an advantage until the killing starts
  • fourth, the last quote, i was talking about matchmaking because all the matches ive been in, thats what ive seen players do (except in areas where theres no cover)
  • 4. fifth, i see no point in replying again, as we will just be flooding this topic with your "ninja enemies" and "easy way taker" points. and my "enemies should feel it on the other foot" point
as fifth said, the enemies should feel it on the other foot, not just on easy, but for all difficulites. having them run out of ammo trying to survive until they find another weapon, trying to survive a 3 shot kill from the under powered weapons, having to fail because they couldnt do more to save the objective

1. But the thread says "AI & Ammo Limits"
2. Yes of course. I believe every one should beat the campaign on legendary at least once.
3. Yes.. But never head on. But how would they "know your move before it even happens"? Though it does seems like that lol
4. Well thats kinda offensive, I figured this was more of a exchange of opinions, may have gotten passionate at a few points but I was having trouble understanding your concept specifics like a few other members.

You shouldn't fight tooth and nail trying to convinces someone who disagrees with you. It's not a flame war I'm after, it's understanding.

Most of the posters here agree with you on the matter. And it's a interesting thought which is what made me post, even if my post was only to disagree with the topic.

But enough defending my BS! Lets put this train back on the tracks.

How would you implement these features in the game? Lower difficulty has the ammo limits? All difficulties? A toggle perhaps? Providing a skull that would give the AI infinite ammo?

Mostly every shooter lets their AIs have unlimited amounts of ammo. It just intrigues me as to how this could be pulled off.

hope this helps you make an informed decision.

• Like 1

How would you implement these features in the game? Lower difficulty has the ammo limits? All difficulties? A toggle perhaps? Providing a skull that would give the AI infinite ammo?

im not a dev. that would be for 343 to decide. most likely (if used), it would be a dlc skull. this line got my attention

4. Well thats kinda offensive, I figured this was more of a exchange of opinions, may have gotten passionate at a few points but I was having trouble understanding your concept specifics like a few other members.

You shouldn't fight tooth and nail trying to convinces someone who disagrees with you. It's not a flame war I'm after, it's understanding.

based on the previous posts, we are just 2 bricks walls that refuse to move. wasnt trying to offend. (posts: 5, 8, 10-13)

I'm not trying to mock or correct your post by the big red numbers, just making pinpoints to address them.

plz just color the text next time instead of adding numbers to a numbered list. or quote each line as the point

How would you implement these features in the game?

have you seen the weapon properties on a weapon in forge mode? you got the following options:

with the current setup, all the ai have 5 with bottomless clip. each difficulity would probably have the following amounts with a the dlc skull

• easy: 0
  • normal: 1
  • heroic: 2
  • legendary: 3

Most of the posters here agree with you on the matter. And it's a interesting thought which is what made me post, even if my post was only to disagree with the topic.

not most, only half (not including me)

• agrees [4]: ☢Self Destruct☢, Corporal Hicks, Teker, Minutes To Midnight
  • disagrees [4]: Bob, Majora ~Maestro~ Jackson, Spyro, Axilus Prime