Halo 4 Is A Noob Friendly Game, Black Ops 2 Requires More Skill

BenevolentImperator

I must say, Halo 4 is really noob friendly. You can tell this is true just by looking at Kill Death ratios after a match. In BTB, out of 16 people playing I often only see 2-5 people who have a negative kill death ratio. I hope there would be more people in Slayer/BT Skirmish and all the other playlists with lower KD ratios. I doubt even 40% of active players have a negative kill death ratio.

Black Ops 2 is a much harder game. One time I looked at the KD of 50 recent players and half of them had a negative kill death ratio, I did this yesterday and 30/50 people had a negative kill death ratio.

Obviously a game where more people have a negative KD would mean it is a harder game.

K/D ratio proves what exactly?

Most people in Blitz have a negative K/D after every game. That means it's noob friendly?

CoD is designed to be easy as hell to play. Meaning everyone gets a lot of kills.

Halo 4, though as much as it tries to borrow from CoD, still takes more skill.

It's a hell of a lot harder to kill someone in Halo then CoD.

• Like 8

lolwut.

The negative K/D in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is because of all the 11yr olds that beg their parents to buy the game for them and always scream into their mic.

Halo 4, though it is much like CoD, still takes more skill to play.

Like it or not, its a fact.

Blacks Ops 2, in my opinion, is a mindless shooter. Its very easy to play. That's why so many young people play it. Because its easy and generic.

Seriously, what does K/D have to do with anything?

Some people are just naturally good. Maybe people are in MLG playing Halo 4. 

Short and sweet, and to the point: CoD is easy = More people play it = More negative K/D.

Halo takes more skill. Case closed.

• Like 1

Ok so I play Halo 4 once in a while, and the few games I play it I am at the top. Modesty aside, this is true. This means that someone who plays more often than me but it's not as good as me seems to be penalized because maybe he has a negative K/D ratio, maybe he has lost more matches than he has won, but that's because he plays MORE than me, and he should be awarded for this. Alas, this doesn't happen, thus when someone sees my profile thinks that I'm the best player at this game, but doesn't know that I'm not as active as the other guy.

To clear this up: if you play 10 matches and you win them all, it seems you're pretty good, but if you play 100 matches and you win only a half of them, it seems you're worse than the other player.

K/D ratio doesn't mean anything. Appearances can be deceiving.

Noob friendly is one thing, kd ratio is another.

....That said, Halo 4 is waaaay more noob friendly than many games, including Cod. At least there, they actually need you to be better to get the cooler things. Halo 4? Its PURE randomness in things like Ordnance, and the maps are just so excessively badly made.

• Like 1

Noob friendly is one thing, kd ratio is another.

....That said, Halo 4 is waaaay more noob friendly than many games, including Cod. At least there, they actually need you to be better to get the cooler things. Halo 4? Its PURE randomness in things like Ordnance, and the maps are just so excessively badly made.

Actually I prefer them to the Reach ones, at least there are no camping spots.

Actually I prefer them to the Reach ones, at least there are no camping spots.

Its not that there are no camping spots, its that camping won't get you an incineration cannon. There are still many unbalanced locales and most of the maps are just not fun to play.

Bungie would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever put a map like Settler into their most-played playlist.

Halo 4 is a big step from cod black ops 2 lol....team work in halo 4 goes a long way in cod its so simple to play hero and get a killl itsc as some would say a mindless shooter your never worried how to kill someone strategically cause there's no strategy

Lol, every posts this guy makes is the sane thing xD

Halo 4 requires skill. I haven't, as of yet, been able to pump half a clip of AR into enemies who run round a corner and get an overkill. Likewise, I don't remember getting a nuclear strike in my ordnance, I want my MAC Blasts already!

Seriously, read his posts; he just sounds like a whiny eleven-year old complaining that people are beating him and he doesn't like it.

Lol, every posts this guy makes is the sane thing xD

Halo 4 requires skill. I haven't, as of yet, been able to pump half a clip of AR into enemies who run round a corner and get an overkill. Likewise, I don't remember getting a nuclear strike in my ordnance, I want my MAC Blasts already!

Seriously, read his posts; he just sounds like a whiny eleven-year old complaining that people are beating him and he doesn't like it.

Resorting to personal insults now? I am 23, in a top University here in Canada and in the Army reserves so the whiny little 11 year old idea isn't correct. Hahaha, why would I complain about people beating me? I have 12999 kills and 11472 deaths right now in Halo 4. 

You should be complaining about people beating you, I looked up your stats. 5258 kills and 5180 deaths, wow that is  horrible! I think you need at least 600 more kills than deaths to be considered a good player. Have fun being a noob! 

Halo 4 is noob-friendly, but not as much as COD. COD is a game built purely around "see the guy, shoot him faster than he can react". Which is technically a skill, but it's all about speed and having the luck to find someone.

Halo 4 still has most of the standard game mechanics of Halo, but the imbalanced weapons and luck-based ordnance mess it up. Plus the maps. It still takes more skill than COD.

• Like 1

Resorting to personal insults now? I am 23, in a top University here in Canada and in the Army reserves so the whiny little 11 year old idea isn't correct. Hahaha, why would I complain about people beating me? I have 12999 kills and 11472 deaths right now in Halo 4. 

You should be complaining about people beating you, I looked up your stats. 5258 kills and 5180 deaths, wow that is a horrible! I think you need at least 600 more kills than deaths to be considered a good player. Have fun being a noob!

Thanks I will! I honestly don't care about K/D as I don't play matchmaking too often, out of a preference for Forge and Campaign.

Note how you sound like a whiny 11 year old; you're conduct in posts reflects that. I've seen 11 year olds with more mature posting.

But yeah, I love how you use K/D against people if they disagree. I could probably raise that if I actually cared^.^

• Like 2

Thanks I will! I honestly don't care about K/D as I don't play matchmaking too often, out of a preference for Forge and Campaign.

Note how you sound like a whiny 11 year old; you're conduct in posts reflects that. I've seen 11 year olds with more mature posting.

But yeah, I love how you use K/D against people if they disagree. I could probably raise that if I actually cared^.^

You are the only person who is mentioning this. Go back to your custom games and enjoy having a bad KD, you may not care but it still reflects on how bad you are at this game. I bet you have trouble gaining the attention of females in addition to being short, skinny and weak. I never direct personal insults at someone on an Internet forum unless they say something about me first. You just come out of no where with that insult and you tell me about conduct? You are a hypocrite. 

Call of duty has what is called... The illusion of skill.

It's gameplay or core game mechanics and even the sandbox are all designed to make everyone feel like they are the best players ever. The game says "Oh I see you just killed 3 people in a row by just camping in a corner with that assault rifle, here is an aerial strike, and a tactical package that gives you more advantages, and free kills! And after the match, I'll rank you up by 7 levels and give you some shiny medals, a trophy, and some new weapon skins, and access to better weapons! And the best part is, I will do all this for you every single match even if you always lose or go negative!!!" resulting in the player thinking that they are the boss, when actually in reality they aren't... Why is it that Call of duty is more popular? It's not because of the bandwagon, like everyone tends to believe, it is the fact that anyone of any age or skill can pick up Call of Duty, play it, and feel like a god. 

This is exactly what Halo 4 tried to imitate, it tried to be like Call of Duty. It did not copy COD directly, but instead it copied the one key component of the Call Of Duty Formula... The "illusion of Skill".