How can anyone not want Cortana back?

Think of when laskey lost silva, loss makes a stronger warrior. Regardless.

Yeah and if anyone knows about the anime sword art online then you would know what kittens it talking about. I'm not say you don't know but it's just in case.

P.S. the parts that kirito joins a clan in ep 3 or 4 and the end of sword art online and into elfsword online (I think that's what it is).

I don't want her to go, but it was her time. I hope she doesn't come back. Chief needs this, he needs to get back his humanity, him losing cortana might bring the old John back. He needs to shape into the man he used to be. She was his only friend, he needs to re-adapt to humanity. Remember at the end, she says "Welcome Home, John" She means welcome back to your original life, she knows he breaks down without her, he needs to become human and reconnect again.

It wouldn't make sense in the story for one, a NEW Cortana would and be interesting a a twist, but not old Cortana. Not only Is it not possible, can you think of a good reason why? I know the lore like I know Forge Worlds geometry, and I cannot think of any ways to bring the old AI back that isn't incredibly cheesy.

Plus, I started to think that she began to get really annoying in 4, some stuff was brilliant like the rampancy moments, but I just found her annoying. And I don't know why they changed the model so much from the 2,3, Reach and Anniversary model. That's more of aesthetic opinion.

Anyway, everyone knew her death was on the cards, it was written in since CE, when she has rampancy moments while in Halos control room, many times in The Flood and First Strike, and a few in 3, and Origins. No, everyone knew she had something wrong from the start, so it really was no surprise.

• Like 3

I want whatever works for the game. If Cortana being gone means a better storyline, then so be it. Same goes for if Cortana returns. With that said, I always thought Cortana was a refreshing and interesting character in the story. It sucked to see her go, but I'm really interested in seeing how the storyline will play out now.

• Like 1

This would just make Chief's plight to get her back all the more incredible. Like what he would go through just to find her. Make for a great story.

Just like in Halo 3, Chief walked into A FREAKING FLOOD COLONY and Cortana wasn't even destroyed. If Chief will walk into the home of the deadliest parasite in the universe to retrieve his companion, I believe he would go against ONI to save Halsey to get her back from the dead. Just judging from how much danger he placed himself in to rescue an alive Cortana, Chief will stop at nothing to get her back.

• Like 2

I don't see how... If done properly, Chief finding her could make the Halo 4 campaign mean even more to us.   That's the issue though, if they get it wrong then they'll be screwed.

Chief can't find her because she's gone. (Can we really call an AI dead?) There's no way to bring her back that wouldn't ruin the story. Halo 4's entire campaign was building up to her sacrifice to stop the Didact. If she comes back, then it stops being a sacrifice and becomes meaningless.

Edited by Zuko 'Zarhamee

If she comes back, then I'll know that the storyline was written by an emotional 12 year-old girl. "No, she haaass to come back, they LOVE each other!" Give me a break. The whole platonic love thing going on in Halo 4 was kind of weird and awkward to begin with. I feel like 343 misinterpreted the playfulness between Chief and Cortana in previous games for romance, when in truth it was really just a friendship. Its like if your in a platoon and this guy jokes around with this girl, it doesn't mean that they LOVE each other, it means that they're bonding. Its not creepy, out of place romance. Its called bonding with your squadmates, which is what Chief and Cortana are, and nothing further. I hope she stays dead for consistency's stake, because if sje comes back, her sacrifice in Halo 4 was pointless, and that means I'll hate that game even more. lol