Halo 5 Premature Release

you never know though...halo 5 will probably look like halo 4 but if you look at the teaser trailer it looks like they put alot of work into it...they may have done a better job with halo 5 this time...or not...but all i know is that its gonna have an awsome story line...

Exactly! Even if the graphics aren't that much better, graphics aren't the most important factor in a game, it's the gameplay that counts. Also, Halo 4 had great graphics anyway, so if the graphics are any better, then they're basically excellent. My only gripe with Halo 4 was that the limitations of the 360 console restricted it. They couldn't create a top-notch Forge map because of limitations with the console.

Care to elaborate as to how my posts are pathetic? You're judging too early. Plain and simple. I try to explain, but your ignorance makes it almost impossible.

Why bother? You ignored everything in my OP. You're just here to flame and troll. Until you come up with some legitimate points I'm done talking to you. I'm not going to let you derail my thread even further.

Why bother? You ignored everything in my OP. You're just here to flame and troll. Until you come up with some legitimate points I'm done talking to you. I'm not going to let you derail my thread even further.

"Until you can come up with legitimate points" - Okay.

1. Too early for judgement.

2. You don't know how long they've been working on the game for.

3. Good graphics don't mean a good game.

Those legitimate enough? I've constantly provided these points, yet you've disregarded them out of ignorance and continue to pull the "Personal Attacks" card. I'm here to flame and troll? I've attempted a civil conversation with you in the shoutbox but your ignorance makes it very difficult.

to be fair you are simple as it just a teaser trailer plan and simple you cannot say at this point in time the game is bad :thumbsup:

• Like 1

>Implying all the time they spent before it was an FPS doesn't count as dev time.

I never said it was going to be bad.

Yeah I know, but they just reused assets from another game and made it into a FPS.

Also it had a year of development on the Xbox, before it was only on PC.

Okay, your OP had some pretty negative thoughts so I just assumed that.

Edited by WonderWombat

Yeah I know, but they just reused assets from another game and made it into a FPS.

Also it had a year of development on the Xbox, before it was only on PC.

Okay, your OP had some pretty negative thoughts so I just assumed that.

I'm just worried, because I love Halo and would hate for games to be hastily developed for the sake of monetary gain.

• Like 1

I'm just worried, because I love Halo and would hate for games to be hastily developed for the sake of monetary gain.

Well two years isn't exactly a short time, and if I'm not mistaken (which I may very well be) but 343 was working on Halo 5 at the same time as 4, obviously in pre development, but being developed none the less.

Halo isn't some huge sandbox or anything, however I would love it if they made it more open world.

Edited by WonderWombat

Well two years isn't exactly a short time, and if I'm not mistaken (which I may very well be) but 343 was working on Halo 5 at the same time as 4, obviously in pre development, but being developed none the less.

Halo isn't some huge sandbox or anything, however I would love it if they made it more open world.

It seems to me that choosing to release it in 2014 is a money grab. Why not develop it for another year like every other Halo game? Every sequel game usually goes through pre development before the original games release (assuming it's a sequel of a sequel). Cutting a whole year off subsequently cuts content from the game.

It seems to me that choosing to release it in 2014 is a money grab. Why not develop it for another year like every other Halo game? Every sequel game usually goes through pre development before the original games release (assuming it's a sequel of a sequel). Cutting a whole year off subsequently cuts content from the game.

Well if what I said is true Halo 5 might very well already be through about 2 years of development. I could have sworn in an interview Frank said that they were working on Halo 5 but he wouldn't go into it anymore.

If that is the case then they can release them faster, but with the same amount of development time. Also I'm pretty 100% absolutely sure that Microsoft has set a deadline 343 must meet in order for Halo to be an early release for their stupid console.

In fact I bet Microsoft gave them the deadline a long while ago and that is why 343 decided to start Halo 5 during Halo 4's development time.

343 has probably little to no control over this matter.

Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 are good examples of what's wrong with game developing these days.

Strawman and Ad Hominem attacks show just how weak you and your arguements are. Can't just have a civil discussion? Does this forum have any moderation?

I agree. Many gamers who care about the fanchise may be in denial about how little time 343i has to make this game. Halo 4 was in development before Reach's release if I'm correct, and still wasn't complete upon its retail release. With even less time on their hands, it is doubtful that they will make any major changes. I do hope that this preconcieved notion is wrong, as we all are at times, but to produce something with as much content as is standard in an exceptional game usually takes longer than 2 years...

• Like 1

Well if what I said is true Halo 5 might very well already be through about 2 years of development. I could have sworn in an interview Frank said that they were working on Halo 5 but he wouldn't go into it anymore.

If that is the case then they can release them faster, but with the same amount of development time. Also I'm pretty 100% absolutely sure that Microsoft has set a deadline 343 must meet in order for Halo to be an early release for their stupid console.

In fact I bet Microsoft gave them the deadline a long while ago and that is why 343 decided to start Halo 5 during Halo 4's development time.

343 has probably little to no control over this matter.

343 is doing their best but Microsoft is totally in control of releases.

Remember how Bungie wanted ODST to be a DLC but Microsoft pushed them into making it a full game? It's the same sort of scenario with 343.

Nah, I think it is more of a Halo 2 situation. Bungie wanted to release that in 2005 or something, but MS had a strict deadline.

Really if 343 just simplified to multiplayer to more of a Halo 2 thing they would be fine with campaign development time.

Ah-ha! I found it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382357/halo-5-in-early-stages-of-development-says-343-exec/

Frank O'Connor, the franchise development director for Halo, said that "a lot of people at 343 are already prototyping ideas and software and art for future Halo products".

He added: "I can't say more than that, but work on the game started actually before we launched Halo 4 and continues apace as we cycle staff through the team's vacation breaks. We're excited about the next game."

O'Connor didn't explicitly state that the next game is specifically Halo 5, though Microsoft has already confirmed that it is building a second trilogy of Halo titles.

Edited by WonderWombat

Nah, I think it is more of a Halo 2 situation. Bungie wanted to release that in 2005 or something, but MS had a strict deadline.

Really if 343 just simplified to multiplayer to more of a Halo 2 thing they would be fine with campaign development time.

Ah-ha! I found it.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382357/halo-5-in-early-stages-of-development-says-343-exec/

I'm skeptical that they are doing anything novel that will lessen the harm of the short time they were given. However, I hope I'm wrong and that Halo 5 feels as fresh as every new Halo game has.

2 years is a short time. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be bad but its a legit concern. It might turn out like Halo 4 where campaign is ready but the multiplayer is closer to a beta. If the game was singleplayer-only, with an access to a mp beta in the future, that would be awesome. Enough time for both modes. Of course a game with mp and campaign would be the best, but since it IS coming out in 2014 I think that could actually work better in this case. I doubt they'd do that though.