Why halo 4 should have a real ranking system.

PBinTheDecree

Lets start off at why halo 2 and halo 3's ranking system were good. For me and a lot of others i assume... when we used to play halo 2 and halo 3 online, getting to that 50 rank was on our minds. Once you got a 50 in one playlist you would move to another. Everyone on halo 2 and halo 3 seemed to work together and did not act like jackasses compared to people on halo reach. The reason for that is, halo 2 and 3 has the 1-50 ranking and people loved to work toward that. There used to be competition and an incentive to win. Now we get to dress our spartan up like a barbie.

Even if you did not like your team mates, you guys would work together because you were all in it to rank up..... BETRAYING FOR WEAPONS. Another reason why real ranks need to come back. Rarely did people betray for weapons on halo 2 and 3 because who cared who got the sniper as long as our team had it! I have played a lot of halo and i know when a halo game is not fun to play and does not work well. Halo reach is that halo game. To put it simply, halo reach is for babies who could never get a 50 on halo 3 or could not use a br to save their life. OH and one more thing, in halo reach you get rewarded for losing haha. The whole cr thing is just stupid to me. I say keep halo 4 ranking system simple.

i disagree i like the halo reach customization but i like the halo 3 multiplayer i think it should be a mixture of both

This. The ranking system in Halo 3 was great. And the armory system in Teach is cool too. Why nit a mixture of both. Like one would earn credits after every match, but only skill point or whatever they're called will level you up.

I disagree almost completely. I think that the credits system is what keeps me going in reach, I don't recall anyone bragging or being proud of their rank in Halo 3. However in halo reach, the ranking system is amazing, and me and my friends always compete to beat each others rank. Also earning credits to buy armor is the only thing that keeps me playing online. Halo 3's was fun, but there was no incentive to keep playing. Seriously. Nine. The ranking was terrible. But I do agree that many more people act like a team in Halo 3 and i like that. The only game in reach multiplayer that i act like a team in is in team doubles with my friends. And it is so much fun. So they need to keep everything in reach multiplayer just find away to make it a team game

too bad your rank does not show any skill at all and anyone can be a super high rank, you just had to play alot. with halo 3 you had to have skill to get promoted. If you got a first luitenant on your team he usually isnt good but if you got a brigadier you know he can play. I have come across guys in reach who are generals and legends and they are garbage. the ranking system in reach is lame and i prefer the ranking in halo 3 but thats just me

Halo 3 style was good but i like the rating system of reach. Really the arena is the perfect way to do it, the only problem is they destroyed the arena with their own stupidity by calling it the arena and hiding it away and arranging the playlists in an odd way. It should have just been ranked and unranked as it always was. Instead they made team slayer a competetive playlist in the same place with the arena. people dont know any better. The arena never became the ranked halo it was supposed to be instead it was hidden and never got its chance to shine. It still is difficult to make onyx its the same as getting 50 in halo 3. They just need to release it properly. Have ranked and unranked playlist and then go from there. Like halo 3 but with rating.

One thing i love about the rating system actually is that it judges me based on my performance. In halo 3 i would ALWAYS get matched up with **** teammates and would lose so many games because my teammates have less than 10 and i have over 15. At least now in reach If i play well and my teammates are **** it doesnt punish me for them sucking. It is a true and much better way to do rank. Rank people based on their performance.

Lets start off at why halo 2 and halo 3's ranking system were good. For me and a lot of others i assume... when we used to play halo 2 and halo 3 online, getting to that 50 rank was on our minds. Once you got a 50 in one playlist you would move to another. Everyone on halo 2 and halo 3 seemed to work together and did not act like jackasses compared to people on halo reach. The reason for that is, halo 2 and 3 has the 1-50 ranking and people loved to work toward that. There used to be competition and an incentive to win. Now we get to dress our spartan up like a barbie.

Even if you did not like your team mates, you guys would work together because you were all in it to rank up..... BETRAYING FOR WEAPONS. Another reason why real ranks need to come back. Rarely did people betray for weapons on halo 2 and 3 because who cared who got the sniper as long as our team had it! I have played a lot of halo and i know when a halo game is not fun to play and does not work well. Halo reach is that halo game. To put it simply, halo reach is for babies who could never get a 50 on halo 3 or could not use a br to save their life. OH and one more thing, in halo reach you get rewarded for losing haha. The whole cr thing is just stupid to me. I say keep halo 4 ranking system simple.

Yawn....

• 3 weeks later...

I agree Decree. I have an OP that eludes to this in this forum. I liked earning my rank through playing and winning. It encourages a player, at least in "ranked", to improve their game and learn all the weapons, not just sit with a shotty or blow out a clip with the neddler! Nice OP.

• Like 1