what do you think?

Trifle10

what if you saw this: "a new map pack is coming out", you might be wondering "what kind of maps would this pack have"? what if this pack had the default variant maps from every halo game (exclude odst and wars)

the question here is "would you want to see a map pack that contains every halo map (default) ever made"

maybe it could be called "Retro Map Pack"

remember: there are no more map packs coming out, least till halo 5 is out

option b: 1 map is created that connects the layouts of all the maps. the map would be large

...just formulating thoughts here

remember: im not going to suggest this to 343 since i dont even know how, B) they probably would decline it, c) no need to be negative here, its just a simple "yes, this would be nice" or "no, rather not"

Well, when I read "new map pack", I immediately thought "no!" Because the new maps are rarely options in matchmaking votes. They seldom make an appearance, despite the fact that a few of them are quality maps.

As for the retro map pack, I would love to have one, but it can't happen. Unfortunately, 343I would have to synchronize the maps with up to date gametypes, replace vehicles that are no longer in the game, and enable the new ordinance system. I do truly miss some of those maps though

Your second idea is actually very interesting. It would create a very diverse battlefield, but it would be a challenge to find enough players to populate the area while having a stable connection. Another issue would be the fact that many of the maps take place on completely different planets. But I do think this idea is clever

• Like 1

Maybe not connect ALL maps, but certain ones. Ex, High ground/ Last Resort put together, Foundry/Longshore put together, Sandbox/Sandtrap put together, I believe these would work from about 30 seconds thinking.

• Like 1

I would love to see some old maps from Halo 2 and 3 with the new game play style. Although a lot of them would have to be scaled to fit everyone being able to traverse the map quickly like Guardian and The Pit for instance. Sad that 343i isn't going to be making anymore map packs anytime soon. I would've preferred them to be a little more spaced out. They could at least bring back some of the older game types like 1 Flag and Invasion.

I'd love to see something like this! The only problems are that it would mean an absolutely ENORMOUS file download as there have to be something like forty maps from the previous halo games, and maybe that many again if we were to separately rebuild all those that have ever been in matchmaking and based on forge like the sandbox and forge world maps, and that scaling could be a problem due to the different player movement and models. Shutout is a really good example as it's a completely different size to lockout and blackout, and just doesn't play the same with the new physics and movement.

You also have to think about maps that have multiple versions, so do you do the remake of zanzibar as zanzibar or last resort, or of sidewinder as sidewinder or avalanche? Or do you do what the anniversary map pack did and do remakes which are slightly different and updated but with the original versions available through forge?

It could be really fun though, and there's always the option of setting up 'classic' game modes, so that there's none of the new weapons and everyone starts with assault rifles and magnums and the weapons are where they were on previous halos and more old fashioned physics, so slower movement speed and more jump height. I've also always liked the idea of being able to play old maps like the pit and rat race with the new ordnance system and weapons and vehicles. Imagine how great sandtrap could be if it was scaled up so that the elephants became mammoths!

So while it's probably not practical, and getting enough players together to populate a playlist might be difficult, in terms of pure speculation it's a great plan! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Forge maps takes no space at all almost. It's not a fat file of objects. It's just an index file needed to let each host build that particular map. 353i could EASILY put up a forge map playlist only any day. I just wish I didn't have to play all the ****ty labyrinth like ones we have in rotation now. They all make my stomach turn. Give us well known oldies (i have played perfect Pinnacle, Asylum, The Pit, Foundry, Cage in customs for instance) and straight forward ones with less verticality and strange layouts. Folks at 343i = clueless