Halo 4 "Weapon Tuning" Will not be the Savior

DarkStorM

This is my opinion from the latest bulletin. June 3rd!!!!!! So many people are going to be off the game. I  really don't think that the weapon tuning update is going to save halo 4 just because its not really what Halo 4 needs to bring people back. What 343 really need to try to fix is the main game types get that infinity s**t outta here and join in progress and all that randomness that's what they need to remove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nvPykAdwLE

I think it was a success multiplayer Halo4 the older fans would say! "OK WE ARE OLD AND HAVE TO ACCEPT CHANGES"

Over the decline of the online population shows the opposite and 343 missed a lot in continuing Halo Reach When the truth would be Halo3!

The changes Could exist with ideas and not copies of other games, Halo has always been great, and few have attempted the game "Halo killer" and got 343!

Changes Should be Implemented Gradually Thus in different ways and tested!

Halo is a product que talk of ingratitude there, what we have is disapointed! I hope you take your que serious mistake to ignore the fans!

sorry my bad english!

I agree that better weapons tuning alone will not "save Halo". However, around June will be the time when Halo 4 gets a population boost; people are getting out of school just in time to find an updated game with better playlists and newer features. Also added in June will be the "classic" playlist hinted at GDC: Legendary Slayer. Here's the link to my extrapolations from various sources:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/27509-legendary-slayer/

• Like 1

with a broken csr where now everyone has a 50 *my cod friend got his 50 in rumble pit and hes god awful says he beats Lvl 20+ and goes up 2-3 levels a game lol* this wont make me go near it or even think twice of putting my halo 4 disc in.

CSR is game mode specific, so if he's as bad as you say his CSR in Infinity Slayer or BTB, or other game modes that require skill are probably really low.

CSR is game mode specific, so if he's as bad as you say his CSR in Infinity Slayer or BTB, or other game modes that require skill are probably really low.

hes atleast a 40 in most playlist...  on his 50 game in infinity slayer. He apperently played level 10-12s. is it just that easy to have a 50 in everything now?

Edited by TornadoFlame

It may not save it, but it shows they are listening and care about the opinions of the players.

And honestly, you should only worry about population when you get like Halo 3 where it takes half an hour to find a game.

It may not save it, but it shows they are listening and care about the opinions of the players.

And honestly, you should only worry about population when you get like Halo 3 where it takes half an hour to find a game.

And that's really all you can ask of a developer to listen and improve and that's why Halo 5 will be good. Because 343 has shown that just like Bungie, they listen and improve.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else agree that the bleed from the new updated BR is annoying? I don't really mind if its a four shot kill, I just want to know when I'm a one-shot away from death. The bleed from the BR means that you don't get that 'no shields' alert that normally lets me know its time to take cover. And what does the DMR do now? The BR and the Carbine beat it in mid-range combat, and the light rifle beats it in long-range combat. Its been made useless. Every weapon should have its own niche (a specific job to do).

Just Make the BR take down the shields in three bursts so the shield bar flashes red and gives you warning (like every other precision weapon), and give some serious thought into what the DMR is going to be useful for now. If 343 did this, it takes care of the last notable balancing issue in slayer/objective matchmaking (I'm not even going to start on flood).

Does anyone else agree that the bleed from the new updated BR is annoying? I don't really mind if its a four shot kill, I just want to know when I'm a one-shot away from death. The bleed from the BR means that you don't get that 'no shields' alert that normally lets me know its time to take cover. And what does the DMR do now? The BR and the Carbine beat it in mid-range combat, and the light rifle beats it in long-range combat. Its been made useless. Every weapon should have its own niche (a specific job to do).

Just Make the BR take down the shields in three bursts so the shield bar flashes red and gives you warning (like every other precision weapon), and give some serious thought into what the DMR is going to be useful for now. If 343 did this, it takes care of the last notable balancing issue in slayer/objective matchmaking (I'm not even going to start on flood).

Problem is there are 4 precision weapons. There are only so many spots to fill.

Problem is there are 4 precision weapons. There are only so many spots to fill.

When you make the game, you can make as many or as little number of spots as you like. The lightrifle is the long range power-house, the BR now wins everything from mid-range to close-range if you are accurate, the Carbine is an equal alternative to the BR, but the DMR is completely outclassed by all these guns. It is supposed to sit somewhere between the BR and the lightrifle, but it doesn't. The DMR's five shot kill time makes it too slow to beat the 4 shot BR or the 4 shot lightrifle, and since their effective ranges overlap, it makes the DMR damn near useless. If they truly don't want to make some sort of alternative role for it to fit into by perhaps buffing its power or taking away some of the BR's range, then get rid of it because its just a sad sight.

Another thing to consider is that the BR and the Carbine essentially do the same job (mid-range combat) but they do it very differently. Why can't the DMR have this sort of relationship with the lightrifle? Yes they both have the same range and the same number of shot to kill when unscoped, but when scoped in the lightrifle beats the DMR. So at best the DMR is equal to the lightrifle in unscoped long-range combat. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? The DMR needs to be made into a viable alternative option to either the lightrifle or the BR. It needs to have a use. It should perhaps have its firing speed increased or made a 4 shot kill to return it to its former competitive glory. But since it is a long range weapon, perhaps it should have its aim-assist lowered and recoil increased in order to stop it from taking over the BR's territory. All I'm trying to say is that you can't go in and just change weapon characteristics without thinking about what effect it has on the usage of other weapons. The BR is now the most used primary weapon in matchmaking because it gets you the easiest and most kills out of primary precision loadout weapons. Other weapons are perhaps harder to use, but you should be rewarded for mastering a more difficult weapon with an advantage of some kind over those who choose to just grab a BR. I think if you have all the players in matchmaking picking the same primary weapon, you have a broken weapon balance in matchmaking (with the exception of specific range maps like haven which is always mid to close-range, and Ragnorok which is mostly long range). The game needs to encourage people to choose different weapons for different reasons. And despite ridiculous complaints about the DMR before this weapons tuning, I thought the game already had balance sorted out pretty well. Why change it? Its madness.