Solid reasoning of why bloom is good/bad

Sportan

I think bloom works. It prevents spam from a long distance, but, if you are up close you can still shoot quick. It adds realism and makes it so the smart and skilled win fights because the know how to pace.

P.S. Congrats for saying "Bloom sux cuz I don't liek it" enough to get them to change it! :good: :unworthy: :yahoo: :clapping:

Bloom is just unrealistic for a Spartan. Think about it. The AA-12 shotgun (the real one, not from MW2) has a special butt that absorbs the recoil making the gun have VERY little recoil. On FPSRussia's YouTube Chanel he shoots them one-handed. I've shot a shotgun a few times and the recoil is pretty big. Not if we have that technology now in 2011 with normal human beings, think about what kind of recoil reduction technology there would be in 2552 with a Spartan. And Spartans are pretty tough. They can fall from space and live. Why not be able to handle the recoil from a gun that probably has very little recoil.

I think the point of removing Bloom is mainly to shut alot of people up lol but at the same times, it'll cause all of those people to actually feel like they have to aim at the person to kill them, i've spent alot of time in theater to gather clips for video's and the amount of times i've seen people getting killed while the reticule has been to the side of the person is rediculous, either bullet spread is too much (which i doubt) or they're using an aimbot, either way, with no bloom, the reticule cant expand and thats gonna cause alot more people to seek accuracy, rather than just shooting the gun within the reticules radius and scoring the kill. But at the end of the day, you can only tell somebody your opinion, its up to actually playing the TU before anyone knows for sure whats gonna happen, seeing is believing apparently.

I just really wish someone from 343 would post up a solid developer explanation of the "blooming" reticule. It would stop me from having to post and re-post detailed game specific data over and over again to prove to people what Vore already stated in he beginning of the thread. Seeing is believeing, but even if we play it and we see more accuracy without bloom or bloom toned down, it does not mean bloom = accuracy. Bloom works based off of the core values specified in the [weap] and [proj] tags.

I really don't see the point in removing bloom. It makes no difference to the gameplay because the spread will still be there. Removing bloom does not = more accuracy.

If they removed bloom altogether then how does removing bloom =/= more accuracy?

343 Industries said they were thinking along the lines of 85% Bloom - What this means is that if you fire full pace full spam then at blooms biggest reticule it will still only be 85% of the original size.

So right there you have an automatic 15% increase in accuracy for spammers while still punishing those long distance shots.

Based on what you said it seems as though you think that bloom is just those little lines on the screen showing you where your shots will be when really it is just a visual aid.

Bloom is just unrealistic for a Spartan. Think about it. The AA-12 shotgun (the real one, not from MW2) has a special butt that absorbs the recoil making the gun have VERY little recoil. On FPSRussia's YouTube Chanel he shoots them one-handed. I've shot a shotgun a few times and the recoil is pretty big. Not if we have that technology now in 2011 with normal human beings, think about what kind of recoil reduction technology there would be in 2552 with a Spartan. And Spartans are pretty tough. They can fall from space and live. Why not be able to handle the recoil from a gun that probably has very little recoil.

You would think a spartan would be able to hold a gun completely still without letting it recoil back, e.g the pistol which has goes quite far back when shot, if thats what happens when a super strong spartan shoots a gun, then the marines must be hitting themselves in the face everytime these use a pistol.

Razskuls, you quite obviously have not decompiled or decrypted any [weap] or [proj] tags for Halo Reach. I have provided ample proof in numerous other threads about what bloom is, how it works, and how it is controlled by the [weap] tag. Please do not go around insulting or accusing others of having no knowledge of the inner working of the game engine and it's content. Rest assured, I alone have enough knowledge of Blam! and MegaloScript to put you and anyone else under the table any day of the week when it comes to actual game extracted data on how things work and how they are linked. Do yourself a favor and check for my posts about bloom. It will save you and everyone else time. Why us Vore, huh?

• Like 1

Razskuls, you quite obviously have not decompiled or decrypted any [weap] or [proj] tags for Halo Reach. I have provided ample proof in numerous other threads about what bloom is, how it works, and how it is controlled by the [weap] tag. Please do not go around insulting or accusing others of having no knowledge of the inner working of the game engine and it's content. Rest assured, I alone have enough knowledge of Blam! and MegaloScript to put you and anyone else under the table any day of the week when it comes to actual game extracted data on how things work and how they are linked. Do yourself a favor and check for my posts about bloom. It will save you and everyone else time. Why us Vore, huh?

We get it. you know a lot about the weapon mechanics and script. just start a new thread about it.

• 2 weeks later...

And to twin reaper telling dude not to insult people because they don't know how weapon mechanics work lol you called me a ******* idiot on another thread *******. You probably suck at this game because you sit on this forum all day and look up stats about bloom and all that. Get off peoples ass and let them have their opinion.

Quite the opposite there Jhorse. You have no idea how anything in the game works from a programmers perspective. Did you even go and read anything that has to do with bloom that i posted before? I get all my tech data and know-how from actually diving into the games data, I don't just sit around and look up stats online and stuff. I actually do real programming work to shift thru meta data, string id's, encrypted tag data, etc.

Everything I have posted about bloom and other game mechanics is spot on and is actual hard coded game data fact. I could care less if you do or do not voice your opinion. But what i will not accept, is someone voicing an opinion that tries to sell people on what they say is true and fact. You are entitled to your opinion at all times, but do not go around saying what bloom does or does not do. You have no skill or knowledge to back up a view like that.....I however do.

And whether I am good or bad at reach or multiplayer does not have anything to do with this thread topic anyway. What's the matter, baby can't take being spanked about game mechanics so now he is going to try to make me look bad by calling out my gaming skill? Really? How sad.....

This topic thread was entitled "Solid reason of why bloom is good/bad", yet I have not read anything close to being an actual game data fact as to why it is. All I have read is a bunch of whiny opinions about it. Opinions are not solid reasons...just saying.