If Firefight returns

Victory Element

its too early at this point to know if firefight will make a return at some point, but i would like to have it back. I really did love spartan ops, so it would be great to have them both in the next halo game. Possibly a 2 disk game, campaign and war games on one, firefight and spartan ops on the other?? anyways, i just wanted to share some ideas for a new version of firefight if it comes back

For one thing, the flood. Yes, i know this is an old subject, but it will really bring a new aspect to the game. They could be mixed in with waves of covenant, and a 3 way fight would break out, or they could also make a purely flood game mode. Something dark and suspensful that will satisfy the nazi zombie craving of the halo community. but it cant stray too far from the basics of halo. This would also need its own map too, to give the eerie effects

Firefight also has to porvide more of a challenge to players. It is way too easy with 4 players, and it just ends up as a competition to see who gets the largest multikill. I think firefight needs to develop into a survival-like gametype that will make teamwork crucial to success. there should be rounds that have multiple waves of enemies in them, and if a player dies, they cannot respawn until the next round initiates. This would make players play more cautiously and conservatively, in order to maintain a level of suspense. Once every player has died in the same round, then the game ends.  

I also think that the personal ordinance system should be implemented into the frefight gametype as well. This could add a strategic element to the gametype, and keep frsh each time. As for ordinance, weapons and powerups would surely be included, but i was thinking that ordinance should include AI allies, vehicles,  turrets, and air support.

AI allies would work in levels that go by field effectiveness. There would be options available such as: standard marine squad, ODST squad, sniper team, and spartan IVs. marines, sniper, and spartan IVs would be dropped off by pelicans, and ODSTs would arrive in drop pods. Certain vehicles could also be added depending on the maps being played on. They would build up by effectiveness, for example: warthog, rocket hog, guass hog, scorpion.  Mounted turrets could be dropped to overlook strategic areas on a map. these would include the simple machine gun turret, rocket turret, and the missle pod. air support could also be used as an ordinance. You could have a pelican remain in the area for a limited amount of time and use its chainguns for support, or call in a bombing run from a broadsword squad.

Here is an example of how the ordinance system would work

15 kills

choices:

-grenades

-overshields

-sticky detonator

25 kills

choices:

- marine squad

- machine gun turret

- sniper rifle

40 kills

choices:

-ODST squad

- warthog

-sniper team

50 kills

choices:

-spartan IVs

-pelican air support

- rocket hog

you will receive points for the kills that your AIs or air support will achieve. This will encourage players to choose their options wisely depending on their situations and what their teamamtes have called in as well

i hope you liked these ideas. Feel free to state your opinions, concerns, add on to my ideas, or come up with some of your own

• Like 3

I like the idea seems pretty good. But the kills for ordinance system seems a bit low for instance they'd have to balance out the rounds to make the enemies stronger instead of just attacking blindly or making your shield extremely low or both and it gets harder as the rounds go up. But overall I like the idea. Especially the Flood idea after all its just a simulation so its not like it would be hard to explain why there is flood, I always thought it would be cool to have a firefight mode on a mammoth thats sealed off and the doors have health. 

Nice Ideas.

But, honestly I really only play Firefight by myself

because It makes It more fun

so your not rapidly trying to kill all the enemies

and get all the sprees and medals etc.

I also like how If you die then you cant respond till the end of the game

and If all your team mates die then the game ends.

Maybe that would balance It out a little better and make It better than it was In 

Halo Reach but, although I do think that Halo Reachs Firefight

was pretty legit.

I like the idea of getting rewarded for surviving, but I think it should be based on how many waves we survive, an enemy better deployment system, increasing enemy difficulty and a goal. For surviving say at the end of 3 to 5 waves we get the choice of reinforcements, a power weapon or a vehicle so we can survive longer. The deployment system from reach was to scripted we knew where they were going to land I think the landing parties should be randomly generated and the maps main building be attackable from all directions. The increasing difficulty is where as the enemies don’t get stronger but they get smarter. Lastly With the goal maybe 3 modes Classic, Timed and Waved, so the classic is like the normal firefight but the other 2 require you to hold out for an amount of time where troops deploy on a time based system to avoid people keeping 1 grunt alive and winning, and the Wave based is where you have to hold out against waves and a boss at the end or regaler intervals

I was hoping to hear some feedback about having friendly AIs to call in as reinforcements. I thought this would make it into a more realistic "firefight", but keep things challenging as well. Any opinions about this?

Edited by Victory Element

I was hoping to hear some feedback about having friendly AIs to call in as reinforcements. I thought this would make it into a more realistic "firefight", but keep things challenging as well. Any opinions about this?

I mentioned Reinforcements man but there a choice as a reward varying from the Reinforcements, Weapons or a Vehicle