Idea/Armor Ability: Drop Surge

Ryu♥Hayabusa

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Drop Surge would be great either way!
    • I'd prefer it to cost you your shields...
    • I'd rather it immobilize you for two seconds...
    • I don't like this idea that much, though it is kinda cool.
    • Your idea sucks!

Well, it is not a stretch of the imagination. If survivors can respawn as Flood, than Flood can respawn as survivors. It would be an interesting spin on the Infection variant if it ever happened. CV

This idea has been in my head forever since the first game of Infection i played on Reach, only played zombies once on H3, but I've always thought it would be more of a survivor thing like u die u have to kill your old team

• Like 1

It would definitely add a new level to the Flood concept. I also mentioned in some other post an idea of a new Flood multiplayer variant where, as Flood, the longer you survive and kill survivors you mutate into a more powerful (Alpha) zombie. Likewise, if you start to die you will devolve back to the base form. Each new mutation would have different Flood Armor abilties and weapon choices.

CV

thats a very cool and good concept and idea

This idea has been in my head forever since the first game of Infection i played on Reach, only played zombies once on H3, but I've always thought it would be more of a survivor thing like u die u have to kill your old team

that would be cool too

thats a very cool and good concept and idea

that would be cool too

I think what would be really cool is if, rather than merely respawn as Flood, when you are infected you watch a quick movie showing your infected body morphing into the Flood form. You would still be spawning in, but there would be the quick visual of your Spartan re-animating. I think the only difference as to spawning would be that you might spawn where you were killed, unless there are still Survivors. Or, perhaps there would be a visual that would show you re-animate and jump or leap off into the distance. Actually, it would be really sick if your recently dead Spartan literally mutated and re-spawned at the site of the kill. The three possible situations here could be you catch your team unawares and get a few quick kills, or your team sees you re-animating as Flood and kills you off, causing you to respawn in a different location, or you re-animate and there are no survivors left around you because they are mostly dead or have moved to a different location.

Just a thought.

CV

• Like 2

@CV Before you posted about survivors turning Flood back into humans; you might be interested in my Multi-team Infection game mode I posted a while ago on the official thread. It's possible to accomplish it in Halo 4, but that would rely on the honor rule. Maybe if it gains popularity it could become a reality like Grifball.

• Like 3

@CV Before you posted about survivors turning Flood back into humans; you might be interested in my Multi-team Infection game mode I posted a while ago on the official thread. It's possible to accomplish it in Halo 4, but that would rely on the honor rule. Maybe if it gains popularity it could become a reality like Grifball.

Hey, what was it called. I missed that post you made. Repost to this thread and (when my new xbox arrives--old one fried) I will look it up. Sounds really interesting.CV

• Like 1

@CV I can't find my original post, but the original idea for Mutants (Multi-team Infection) was to have four different teams that have different traits. The different traits can be accomplished through normal power up spawns or through trait zones. All players on each team spawn with Energy Swords, but there are different weapons and armor abilities within each spawn base (which cannot be broken into; they are the only places where weapon-pickup is allowed). Red team has damage boost, Promethean Vision, Shotguns, and SAWs (humans); blue team has Speed Boost, Camo AA, and Railguns (Hunters from Crysis); green team has Overshield, Hardlight, Concussion Rifles, and Gravity Hammers (typical juggernaut), and yellow team has good Camo, Thruster, low gravity, and no additional weapon (typical matchmaking Flood)

It's all based on a King of the Hill game type; make sure to exclude the spawning bases from the hill but spawn the Hill a bit late--it should include almost the entire map. When a player dies, he must join the team that killed him. The game ends when everyone is on the same team.

This all relies on the honor rule, something that I find isn't followed as much as I would like. But if you have a good lobby, then it should be a blast. I would have it on my fileshare if my Xbox weren't screwed up as well. I'm envious of everyone who can play the game right now--especially because we just got Forge Island! Gah!! Perhaps some people will get enjoyment from this game type, though it has to be tweaked a lot. Feel free to mess around with the amount of teams and the traits, and have fun!

• Like 1

@CV I can't find my original post, but the original idea for Mutants (Multi-team Infection) was to have four different teams that have different traits. The different traits can be accomplished through normal power up spawns or through trait zones. All players on each team spawn with Energy Swords, but there are different weapons and armor abilities within each spawn base (which cannot be broken into; they are the only places where weapon-pickup is allowed). Red team has damage boost, Promethean Vision, Shotguns, and SAWs (humans); blue team has Speed Boost, Camo AA, and Railguns (Hunters from Crysis); green team has Overshield, Hardlight, Concussion Rifles, and Gravity Hammers (typical juggernaut), and yellow team has good Camo, Thruster, low gravity, and no additional weapon (typical matchmaking Flood)

It's all based on a King of the Hill game type; make sure to exclude the spawning bases from the hill but spawn the Hill a bit late--it should include almost the entire map. When a player dies, he must join the team that killed him. The game ends when everyone is on the same team.

This all relies on the honor rule, something that I find isn't followed as much as I would like. But if you have a good lobby, then it should be a blast. I would have it on my fileshare if my Xbox weren't screwed up as well. I'm envious of everyone who can play the game right now--especially because we just got Forge Island! Gah!! Perhaps some people will get enjoyment from this game type, though it has to be tweaked a lot. Feel free to mess around with the amount of teams and the traits, and have fun!

I will have to check it out (when my new 360 finally arrives, a week and waiting...). I was thinking, as far as a basic Flood variant like I described goes, it would have to be under the current limitations, as you stated, an honor game, but I think it would be possible by having team switching open (if that is possible with Flood). I can't say this is possible right now because my xbox is fried, so my only connection to the game now is the forums, but I will check when my new one arrives next week some time. I have an idea for a map utilizing elevators, switches and other methos of trapping Flood. If team switching works, than when a Flood is caught they just switch teams and become a survivor.

Frustrating not being able to Forge and play competitive gaming when I want to. Oh well......

CV

Sounds like a solid idea.

Well, whenever my xbox gets here I will give it a shot. I had just finished the architecture on a map (very detailed) been working on since December (and a gametype I created in Reach) when my xbox burnt out. All I needed to do was finish setting spawns. Grrr.

CV

@CV The one problem with that is no one wants to be a Flood; people will intentionally trap themselves. I too am only connected through the forums :/

Well, not true for me. I actually enjoy being infected more with Halo 4 Flood--they've leveled the playing field a bit. As for the gametype, it is an honor game, which just means when people play it they agree to the rules. That is the only way it could work in Halo 4, assuming we can change it to allowing team changing in custom settings. I can't remember and I won't be able to check till later this week. I don't know if people would get it, or wouldn't break the rules, but I will try and set it up once I get back on.

CV