Team Fiesta Isn't Much of a Fiesta

SatanicBagels

Team Fiesta, in my opinion, has been destroyed. It was golden in Halo Reach but now they have changed the way it works to provide ordinance on spawn and after any kills.

What happened to just spawning with a random weapon and getting over it if the weapon you're given isn't as dominate as you would have hoped for. I think I have heard this described perfectly on another forum

Nope, because little Timmy doesn't like when he spawns with a magnum. He likes big weapons that kill in one shot, so he can feel good.

And this game was completely designed around little Timmy and making him happy.

I'm interested in the communities thoughts here. Do you like the new settings better or do you like the older settings more.

Edited by SweatyBagels
  • Like 4

Team Fiesta, in my opinion, has been destroyed. It was golden in Halo Reach but now they have changed the way it works to provide ordinance 

I'm interested in the communities thoughts here. Do you like the new settings better or do you like the older settings more.

You know, if you genuinely want to gauge the popular opinion, you might want to replace that quote with something less derogatory - also, are you seriously suggesting that a gamemode which is inherently random and chaotic isn't competitive enough? No, it's not competitive: it's the stupidest game mode in history, and that's exactly why it's always been so popular.

I personally actually like the new system of constant ordnance drops: I think that it makes matches more interesting because the situation is constantly changing. It's not necessarily better or worse than getting random weapons at spawn and sticking with them, it's just different. Having a near-constant supply of new weapons just makes it more chaotic than ever before, because now there's the added fun of not knowing whether they guy who just killed you is still charging around with a Battle Rifle, or if he now has an Incineration Cannon.

More importantly, I don't understand why being able to change weapons is a problem. It's fiesta, everyone has a completely random assortment of weapons anyway!

• Like 1

You know, if you genuinely want to gauge the popular opinion, you might want to replace that quote with something less derogatory - also, are you seriously suggesting that a gamemode which is inherently random and chaotic isn't competitive enough? No, it's not competitive: it's the stupidest game mode in history, and that's exactly why it's always been so popular.

Shotgun

Needler

Railgun

Beam Rifle

Concussion Rifle

Sticky Detonator

SAW

All stuff that was left out that would have made the gametype better. Not to mention the AR, Suppressor, Magnum, PP, Boltshot, Storm Rifle, BR, DMR, Light Rifle, and Carbine.

My argument is that these should be in the game.

The quote has nothing to do with gauging the popular opinion...

Edited by SweatyBagels

Shotgun

Needler

Railgun

Beam Rifle

Concussion Rifle

Sticky Detonator

SAW

All stuff that was left out that would have made the gametype better. Not to mention the AR, Suppressor, Magnum, PP, Boltshot, Storm Rifle, BR, DMR, Light Rifle, and Carbine.

My argument is that these should be in the game.

The way you phrased it sounded like you were complaining about the ordnance system itself, not the lack of weapons. For what it's worth I completely agree with that, the more wildly varied the sandbox is, the better.

• Like 2

Team Fiesta, in my opinion, has been destroyed. It was golden in Halo Reach but now they have changed the way it works to provide ordinance on spawn and after any kills.

What happened to just spawning with a random weapon and getting over it if the weapon you're given isn't as dominate as you would have hoped for. I think I have heard this described perfectly on another forum

I can perfectly agree. LoLs great quote!

team fiesta was destroyed. reach had it soo much better. for the following reasons

• you get ordnance at game start/mid join, when you get a kill (if you havent called it in), and when you respawn after dying
  • you get to keep your loadout. at least 343 could make your loadout weapons, random weapons
  • way too easy to give either team the same weapons

also, heres a list of the common ordnance

• incineration cannon
  • rocket launcher
  • fuel rod cannon
  • damage boost
  • speed boost
  • overshield
  • binary rifle
  • energy sword
  • gravity sword
  • sniper rifle

sorry if im leaving any out but those listed above i have been prompted the most

also, since ordnance can only have 8 possible selections, the loadout weapons and the weapons left out are in a list

• battle rifle
  • dmr
  • carbine
  • plasma pistol
  • pistol
  • shotgun
  • needler
  • boltshot
  • frag grenade x2
  • pluse grenade x2
  • plasma grenade x2
  • plasma grenade x3

looks like if you want any of those weapons, your going to have to go to infinity slayer/big team

anyways, theres a 80% chance your going to run in to someone using the following

• incineration cannon
  • binary rifle
  • damge boost
  • overshield

hopefully halo 5 goes back to reach's fiesta system which i highly doubt it will. ill take back the last line if its true or much better