Shoot me. Now.

EpicBeaver

I just had a disturbing thought. I was thinking about how AWESOME destiny will be, and that was when i realised something.

Halo 4 stunk, and if halo 5 is bad...

Destiny will become my favortie game.

If destiny becomes my favorite game,

WHAT ABOUT HALO? Im really counting on 343 to make halo 5 or whatevers next awesome. Otherwise, Destiny might become better than halo.

Halo 4 stunk

You may wish to rethink your signature, in that case.

Anyway, I think it's a little early to be judging what are going to be our favourite future games when we know they won't be out for at least another year. I thought Mass Effect 3 would be my favourite game of all time, and it basically ruined the entire franchise for me. Conversely, I thought Spec Ops: The Line would be just another generic, boring shooter - I only bought it because it was cheap and I wanted something to play while my internet was down - and I now consider it to be possibly most brilliant and intelligent game ever made.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with your affections changing over time. The Halo games haven't been my favourite games for years now: that has, at various points, gone to the Batman: Arkham games, the Gears of War series, Mass Effect, Fallout, Portal, Starcraft II, and even the first Modern Warfare game. But that doesn't mean I don't still love Halo, and even if it's not my absolute favourite way to pass the time, it's still the game I play most.

Plus, what's wrong with Destiny becoming better than Halo? Hopefully that will just inspire 343i to create something even better for Halo 5. Competition just improves the markets, and while I know a lot of people were very unhappy with some of the changes made to Halo 4, at least 343i are making the effort to try and innovate and change things and improve, rather than just taking the Activision/EA path of releasing the same game every year with minor graphical updates. No, not everything works - a lot of the changes actually have, in my humble opinion, actually hurt the game - but I respect them for at least trying, and if other games are seen as 'better', that will only push them harder to create something truly brilliant for future games.

• Like 7

You may wish to rethink your signature, in that case.

Anyway, I think it's a little early to be judging what are going to be our favourite future games when we know they won't be out for at least another year. I thought Mass Effect 3 would be my favourite game of all time, and it basically ruined the entire franchise for me. Conversely, I thought Spec Ops: The Line would be just another generic, boring shooter - I only bought it because it was cheap and I wanted something to play while my internet was down - and I now consider it to be possibly most brilliant and intelligent game ever made.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with your affections changing over time. The Halo games haven't been my favourite games for years now: that has, at various points, gone to the Batman: Arkham games, the Gears of War series, Mass Effect, Fallout, Portal, Starcraft II, and even the first Modern Warfare game. But that doesn't mean I don't still love Halo, and even if it's not my absolute favourite way to pass the time, it's still the game I play most.

Plus, what's wrong with Destiny becoming better than Halo? Hopefully that will just inspire 343i to create something even better for Halo 5. Competition just improves the markets, and while I know a lot of people were very unhappy with some of the changes made to Halo 4, at least 343i are making the effort to try and innovate and change things and improve, rather than just taking the Activision/EA path of releasing the same game every year with minor graphical updates. No, not everything works - a lot of the changes actually have, in my humble opinion, actually hurt the game - but I respect them for at least trying, and if other games are seen as 'better', that will only push them harder to create something truly brilliant for future games.

I agree with some points. Just halo is my favorite game, and i dont want to lose it. It was the thing i played for everything from passing time to being sad and coping with it with halo. For example,

*Sad*

HALO TIME.

I just dont want to lose halo. I will love destiny, but i cant have two favorite games. Im just not ready to say goodbye to halo yet.

OMgosh! Your right! Destiny might become my new favorite game as well. What will I do without Halo..... Please don't fail our expectations 343, I don't care if it takes you guys longer than a year (though I would love it to be earlier) for you guys to perfect the game.... "It can't be my Destiny" * ehooo Destiny reference!!!

• Like 1

I just went to Gamestop and pre-ordered my copy of Destiny. I'm super pumped about Bungie's newest production. As for Halo, I've always been a Halo fan and I always will be. I'll keep buying them for the story line and for the multiplayer online. I'm one of those gamer girls that loves the games for what they are, games. They're something to pass the time, play with others, and have fun with.