Halo 4: Evidence for Precursors?

Bubonic Blood

I saw on waypoint where people have taken screen shots of the final seconds frame by frame of the video.

ancientenemyhires.jpg

Looks like a precurser to me.

Eh, it fits only 2 characteristics of a precursor from what I can see, like the leg, I'm guessing there is only 2 legs on that thing, as the precursor only has 2 legs, and the head looks like an athropod, like a precursor. Other than that, you can't see the 4 arms, the barbed tail either. But never the less, we pretty much know it's a precursor, and my concept drawing of it on the forums kinda resembles this.

I didn't want to post this in a new thread so I posted it here. This question is for Bubonic. I know you have a good knowledge of the Halo Universe. In your travels through the books and stuff, is there any evidence that we may see anything homeworld related to the elites in any of the future title releases? Do you have anything elite related I may be able to look at? I am starting a map for Halo 2 and I wnated to touch on something new.

I didn't want to post this in a new thread so I posted it here. This question is for Bubonic. I know you have a good knowledge of the Halo Universe. In your travels through the books and stuff, is there any evidence that we may see anything homeworld related to the elites in any of the future title releases? Do you have anything elite related I may be able to look at? I am starting a map for Halo 2 and I wnated to touch on something new.

I'm sorry TwinReaper but I don't believe we will get any looks on Sanghelios in Halo 4. As for any Halo title after Halo 4, I'm not sure. No books have been written on Halo 4 or afterwards. But the possibility is still there. Sanghelios was visited though by Forerunners once before, the Sangheli thought they were " gods ". Like Earth, Sanghelios might have a special place in mind of the forerunners if they visited it once before. So yes, the possibility is there. Alot of people have been wanting to play in a Halo universe related game on the Sangheli planet, even more than ODST, so I could see 343 doing another branch-off game, thought it might take place between Halo 6 - 7 or possibly after 7. But considering that 7 is a new trilogy, possibly last, I say if they do a Sanghelios related Halo game, it'd take place between Halo 6 -7. Sangheli (elites) are actually primitive creatures some what. In Halo legends they wear an almost "samurai" style of armor. They have houses made of mud and sticks, and some made of bamboo with ceramic tiles, much like in medieval Japan. Though let me say one thing, the forerunners did leave technology on Sanghelios, if this helps. Here's a bit you can look at if you wanna see some of their surroundings.

Thanks for the info Bubonic. always appreciated :good: But yeah, if we don't get to play anything related to the elites in the new trilogy, I think a spin off game like ODST should be made. Incorporate the past history with the shyuum for sure. I think the shyuum are the prophets..right? BTW, do you do any writing for Halo at all? With all the things you know, I bet you could come up with one hell of a story to play out.

Thanks for the info Bubonic. always appreciated :good: But yeah, if we don't get to play anything related to the elites in the new trilogy, I think a spin off game like ODST should be made. Incorporate the past history with the shyuum for sure. I think the shyuum are the prophets..right? BTW, do you do any writing for Halo at all? With all the things you know, I bet you could come up with one hell of a story to play out.

No problem. I would love to see another spin-off, it's always great to be able to explore the Halo universe so much more. Actually I do write Halo related Scripts, almost like books. They all take place in the Halo universe, and I know it's crucial to only use Halo related ideas and history. I have a script for a story that is 384 pages long. It took me awhile to type up, re-read, and make corrections to the story. I would love to be able to have the chance of creating the next story-line in the halo franchise, it's actually a dream of mine that I would like to fulfill one day.

Thank you for your support!

Dude you totally need to post the story up.somewhere. We should make an official Halo Universe forum section for things like this. If possible get some kind of copyright or protection against someone stealing your work. If it is possible since MS owns it. But still I.would love to read it and I think many more members in the community would too. Imma talk to spectral about getting a new section. You can be the first to post some stuff up!

Dude you totally need to post the story up.somewhere. We should make an official Halo Universe forum section for things like this. If possible get some kind of copyright or protection against someone stealing your work. If it is possible since MS owns it. But still I.would love to read it and I think many more members in the community would too. Imma talk to spectral about getting a new section. You can be the first to post some stuff up!

Oh Thankyou but it's a 384 page script and that would bother people to read I believe, unless I fixed it to a story, which I could do over the process of a few weeks. Before I'd ever post it up, I'd have to get it copyrighted possibly, but to do that, I'd have to be able to ask for permission from 343I and Microsoft, so here's what I'd need to do.

Fix the 384 page script into book form. Contact microsoft, give them information of the story, send them copies of the files and seek their approval. If approved, they would need artwork for the book, which I can do. So, give me awhile, maybe a year, possibly less if I push it. But you do have a good idea. A fan-made Halo story based forum would be a great idea. If people put their work on the forum for free, than it could possibly make this website much popular because machinima directors would probably hear of this, and check it out for themselves, making a good word for the website.

• 3 weeks later...

1:31 You can see at the end, some of the looks are described to be precursors. I like to think that the Precursors created the flood to kill the forerunners because to me, the precursors and forerunners have battled it out before and the precursors are the only challenge to the forerunners. This information has floated around for quiet a long time, before talking about halo 4, it could have been in a book, who knows, but anyways. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Precursor

"Not much is known about them, but information that can be found by text from the logs stored in the Terminals around the Ark indicates it is possible that the Forerunner 'Mantle' (Guardians of the Galaxy and all life) was handed down from "legends of the past": the Precursors. It has been presumed that the Precursors viewed the Forerunners as their own legacy, continuing their work after they departed, much in the same way Forerunner lifeworkers (including the greatest lifeworker: the Librarian) viewed Humanity before the activation of the rings. Having obtained the status of Tier-0, it is likely that the Precursors can travel between galaxies.

Precursors are described as "very large", with 4 upper limbs and 2 legs. Also having an "ugly head shaped like arthropods" - like spiders or crabs - they have oval, faceted slanted eyes and a "flat face". Coming from the back of the head is a long tail with a 2 meter barb coming out of it. Whether this is the way all Precursors look has yet to be revealed, but this is the way the prisoner on a Pre-Human world is described.

It is also revealed that this prisoner is the last known Precursor, and that every other Precursor had been ruthlessly killed in a Forerunner-Precursor war almost 150,000 years before the events of Halo and that their answer is at hand - implying that a Proto-Flood form (described as a fine dust, contained in hundreds of glass cylinders) were created as revenge or as a failsafe."-wiki-halonation

It's just a thought, I figured maybe this precursor could be a "new enemy" if there is some, which 343 said there would be.

Keep in mind, that thing at the end, looks like an Athropod, if you wanna see an athropod, here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthropod

*IMPORTANT INFO* A friend made brought this to my attention today, I would have told you guys, but it could possibly be a real spoiler, but if he knew about it as aswell as I did,then I thought maybe some of you already knew about this aswell.

One of them is still alive even in master chiefs time. He was imprisoned by his own people on an acient precursor world that was colonized by humans over 100,000 years ago. He's called the Timeless one and he was so dangerous to everything, even his own people locked him up. He escaped after the forerunners destroyed the world he was imprisoned on.

heres a video that I made of this info

Well we dont know if the timeless onee will be alive in chiefs time he may die in halo: primordium! But i guess we will find out.

Well since the Forerunner saga is being released, that would be a good place to start for Halo 4. I mean think about it. Humanity finds out about the species who's technology was more advanced than the forerunners, their secrets long hidden deep within the confines of space. Now we have an enemy and a great idea for a story line to go with. Unless 343 has something else in mind, i would say that this is the highest possible story idea for Halo 4-6.