How do you play halo wars?

superecnate

I haven't played it for ages but i was a super duper uber pro meatshield, i'd distract then enemy by getting absolutely slaughtered while my mate panick built an army that wouldn't last 5 mins against a brute with a hammer lol

• Like 1

I haven't played it for ages but i was a super duper uber pro meatshield, i'd distract then enemy by getting absolutely slaughtered while my mate panick built an army that wouldn't last 5 mins against a brute with a hammer lol

That is almost exactily what I do when I am the covenent!

I build a bunch of sheilds on my base and by my allies time to build things like hawks and grizzlies.

I send out a small army of minor things (Grunts if Covy, marines/hogs if UNSC) to distract and then i build up a strong army of Hornets/ Banshees for air support and ODSTs / Hunters for ground support and a couple of Scorpions or whatever else i can get hold of...

maybe a Scarab/Vulture or two also. w00t.gif

All of these strategies are total fails.

There are only two ways to win. First and most popular is to use the cov. Attack with a small rush to slow down and force teammates to react to the force. Thenhave teammate(s) build gobs of tanks and you make banshees. Its the simplist formula.

The other way is to anticipate the quick slow down rush and repel it. The push more tanks and anti-air. Hit them when they are switching or getting more units out. This is the tactic I like best because it takes loads more skill.

• 3 weeks later...