should bloom stay  

67 members have voted

1. 1. bloom is awsome right?

• yes bloom works in games generally
    • no but i like it in halo: reach
    • yes but not in halo: reach
    • no i hate bloom in all video games
    • i dont care halo is halo.

Same for me, but 50% bloom would be nice. I'm still not voting though...

well you dont have to vote but the poll is now fair....it wasnt fair at first but i deleted that poll and made a fair one so if you want to voice your opinion then feel free to vote...

Whats bloom?

good question...most people on this site DO NOT know what bloom is.....bloom is the representation of recoil on your HUD but not the recoil itself. That is probably why people feel that the halo reach recoil is so random...its not as random as they think it is. the bloom shows their chances of hitting the target...if they aim for the chest and the target reticle bloom is huge then the shot will still hit in the general area of the chest but not in the exact spot that they where aiming....and people whine about that....they think the gun should somehow shoot at the exact spot they are aiming...but guns kick when you rapid fire under pressure especially high caliber rifles like the DMR, that's just a fact of life. people complain because they think that the recoil allows for random lucky headshots...when in all reality it causes you to miss more headshots then anything...when i spam my dmr i don't hit crap...and if i'm close rage then its OK to spam because the DMR is more of an assault rifle at close range (thats how bungie wanted it) even the pistol is more of an SMG at close ranges and the AR can be long range if you burst fire. people want it to be like halo2 where you would hit someone with the BR as long as your aimer was on them...they want the guns to be predictable which is stupid because guns are unpredictable by nature...they want the AR to be a point blank only weapon and they want the BR to be a godly powerweapon like how it used to be...all i have to say to that is eww...

yea a lucky headshot once in a blue moon will happen...but is it really that big of a deal? is it going to determine the outcome of a match? probably not...if a ****ty player gets a lucky headshot likely its not going to help him in the long run so i don't see the big deal..the bloom is just a way for your HUD to tell you "whoa slow down i cant track where your rounds are going!" and that's fine IMO...if i'm spamming the trigger then its not unheard of for a stray bullet to wander into someones head...this is a game where your sniper rounds can bounce off walls and kill two of your teammates...it sucks but its not going to effect things in the long run...people whine instead of adjusting. if they would get into reach instead of focusing on the negative they might realize that reach overall is the best most polished halo game ever...the bloom is not as bad as they say it is they just think about it too much. i actually like the bloom i think it keeps the DMR from being a power weapon because that is not what bungie wanted for the DMR...

what they are really whining about is the recoil that the bloom represents not the bloom itself..but halo has always had a recoil bullet spread mechanic, its funny how they didnt notice it untill reach enhanced that mechanic with a visible spread of the crossair...many many first person shooters have had bloom...complaining about bloom now is like complaining about the ability to zoom in with certain weapons...its kind of the standard at this point and if you still havent gotten used to it then im sorry but you are simply not a gamer...is it just me or are all the bloom whiners blaming the game for their lack of skill? like how they blame armor lock and say that noobs use it to gain an unfair advantage....funny how armor lock almost never works against me when i play...yet when i use it on people they lose almost every time...that would be like me sucking with the sniper rifle and complaining to bungie to remove it just because i cant use it or counter it...its pathetic and bungie would laugh you out the door with a complaint like that.

no wonder bungie left the halo franchise to 343...because they are tired of the clammering fanbase...i swear the halo fanbase is the worst because they are never happy and never satisfied...bungie was tired of it so they moved on to a new game so that they would be free to innovate without having a bunch of whiners that want it to be exactly like halo2 even though halo2 was not nearly as good as halo1....or any halo game for that matter....

instead of keeping or removing bloom i say 343 just pisses on both sides of the debate and removes the target crossair completly...we have all been playing halo long enough, that at this point we do not need a visual aid for aiming the DMR. they should just make us blind fire unless we are zoomed in...im tired of the debate and i think removing the aimer entirely will result in satisfying both sides....if two mothers are fighting over a baby then cut the baby in half and give each woman a half..PROBLEM SOLVED!

Bloom is stupid because it makes you have to time your shots, therefore slowing down the pace, therefore slowing down the game. Halo always was and has always been great for being an increadibly fast pace game. So slowing it down is just stupid its trying to fix something that isnt broke. Its bad enough you got the little girls from cod or who belong to cod who hide around corners and camp with some power weapons. And then added armor ablilites to futher allow them to play like cowards either by sprinting away like a girl or armor locking to further slow down the game. Stop bringing the pace down. Halo is fast intense crazying meyhem boom snipe to the face turn around shotgun to the nose turn around plasma to the crotch point the shotgun backwards behind me and boom to the chest point blank overkill crazyness. Not oh i shot 1 bullet now i need to hide around a corner for my bloom to go down. oops i got hit once i need to sprint away around a corner cause im a little girl. Get real. This games to fail to fix with an update. Bring halo 4 already and let me play halo 1 campaign and skyrim till then.

Also bloom takes more skill because your shots are extremely accurate so it all comes down to your skill to aim. Bam u mad?

So much fail in just one post. It's overwhelming... Grow up and learn how to type out a decent argument against bloom. That post makes you look foolish.

• Like 2

well you dont have to vote but the poll is now fair....it wasnt fair at first but i deleted that poll and made a fair one so if you want to voice your opinion then feel free to vote...

Oh. Okay then.

P.S. I also agree that bloom must stay

Hey, If it's bloom you're talking about why'd you post this Topic in Halo CEA instead of Halo Reach. the TU Beta is the only thing without bloom.Not that it matters.

that is just one of the many reasons why this thread should be closed....yet it has not been closed.......