Simple reason why I can't wait for 1-50 ranking.

ISTRAFED UP0NI

When I play Halo I obviously want to win, this may not be the case for everyone... I.E. People going into capture the flag and just camping and killing to raise their K/D. I try to win and do whatever I can and I think I'm damn good at the game, but to be honest, sometimes it is DAMN HARD to win games unless I'm with a team.. 1-50, once I get past about level 30 everyone there is going to have the same state of mind, they want to win and level up, that's the thing with the ranking system the people who don't (or can't) play the game correctly and to win will either; get left at the low levels where they belong or play social playlists :laughing: yay! Then when I'm inebriated from alcoholic beverages I go play social playlists and don't give 2 thoughts about how I'm playing the game. CAN'T WAIT!!

• Like 2

I don't necessarily care about winning myself either. However I don't treat matchmaking as a way to boost a KD.

When I am playing matchmaking I am normally using it to test my skills on a 1v1 basis. For example on Regicide, I never go for the king. I typically stalk the edges of Haven lookIng for stragglers to engage so I can test tactics, strategies, and playstyles to see what is effective and what is not. I treat matchmaking like practice because the stakes are low. I am sure if there was an actual reason to win I would treat it different but....

• Like 1

I don't necessarily care about winning myself either. However I don't treat matchmaking as a way to boost a KD.

When I am playing matchmaking I am normally using it to test my skills on a 1v1 basis. For example on Regicide, I never go for the king. I typically stalk the edges of Haven lookIng for stragglers to engage so I can test tactics, strategies, and playstyles to see what is effective and what is not. I treat matchmaking like practice because the stakes are low. I am sure if there was an actual reason to win I would treat it different but....

And you have the right to play the game however you want. That's why we love ranking systems. You get matched with people who are like minded. It's wonderful.

• Like 1

Wait wait... Hold on a sec. You don't care about winning yet you will spend time thinking of strategic tactics. Am I the only one at a lose of how contradictory that sounds? So yes you might not win many Regicides but, are you not trying to get better to win (1v1s) matches in the future?

Wait wait... Hold on a sec. You don't care about winning yet you will spend time thinking of strategic tactics. Am I the only one at a lose of how contradictory that sounds? So yes you might not win many Regicides but, are you not trying to get better to win (1v1s) matches in the future?

Lol yeah, I think what he said sounded a lot like he just wanted to disagree with what I said.

Good OP!!

Thanks man, it is seriously the simplest reason why Halo 2 and 3 lasted Sooooo long.

haven't touched halo 4 in awhile because of no real competitive enviroment i hope we get that 1-50

It's in the works, can't wait! try playing Ghostayame's v1 settings in customs. It's great.

I am trying to be hopeful for this update...

I think we are all trying to stay hopeful.. I seriously think they need to do something big.

You guys that are staying away from Halo cause of a lack of competition, add me on xbl for v1 customs.

istrafed up0ni <--- the 0 is a zero.

No, you missed my meaning. There is no consequences for winning or losing in Regicide other than more or less exp. Also, it affects your Halotracker stats, but that is irrelevant to me I already know my win percentile is under 15% in Regi. All Regicide amounts to me is matchmaking practice. So when I play a gametype such as team slayer Where winning matters slightly more ( on account of not wanting to disappoint people on your team), I can perform optimally as an efficient slayer.

I'll admit I phrased my initial post wrong. What I should have said was:

"I don't care about winning or losing in Regicide which is my main playlist."

No, you missed my meaning. There is no consequences for winning or losing in Regicide other than more or less exp. Also, it affects your Halotracker stats, but that is irrelevant to me I already know my win percentile is under 15% in Regi. All Regicide amounts to me is matchmaking practice. So when I play a gametype such as team slayer Where winning matters slightly more ( on account of not wanting to disappoint people on your team), I can perform optimally as an efficient slayer.

I'll admit I phrased my initial post wrong. What I should have said was:

"I don't care about winning or losing in Regicide which is my main playlist."

Regicide is free for all, you do whatever you want there. That's what a solo playlist is for.

That is my point. I play FFA however I see fit because I am the only one that suffers the consequences (like a low win percentage). If in want to make practice out of it, so be it.

I don't play team based games that way because I understand that other people have efferent goals than I do and I wouldn't want to compromise my teammates win percentages, just so I can screw around.

i agree, i am more about winning then kills. i always wanted to keep a good k/d and i had about a 1.27. and i started playing capture the flag a lot more and just wanted to win, i would score 3 times a game. and now my k/d is a 1.23 and you know what idc because i just want to win! wish i could get a group of people together that would play with me and just win lol. any takers?

i agree, i am more about winning then kills. i always wanted to keep a good k/d and i had about a 1.27. and i started playing capture the flag a lot more and just wanted to win, i would score 3 times a game. and now my k/d is a 1.23 and you know what idc because i just want to win! wish i could get a group of people together that would play with me and just win lol. any takers?

Bro add me, I'll be playing in like a half hour.

istrafed up0ni <--- the 0 is a zero

This game definitely needs this 1-50 true skill ranking. Want to know why? I've been an SR130 for about two weeks now, and it sucks to know I'm already maxed out in my ranking! I'm not saying it is all about rank but it is lik it is over. Also I enjoyed having to win to rank up. People were encouraged to win and not care for their k/d. I have a 53% win rate only because of this in join game thing and it sucks! So I kinda gave up on winning. I have around a 3.95 k/d by playing objective in dominion and I have more fun than a guy with a 5.0 k/d that is camping in the corner with rockets. Is that guy trying to win?