Who wants the Arbiter Back!?

darrencassdc6000

The Arbiter coming back all depends on what happens in the next of the "Glasslands" series of books.

-SPOILER-

In the last book we have, "The Thursday War", the Elites are split between two factions in a brutal civil war. The Arbiter leads the faction hoping for peace with humanity and recovery from the war and the dependency on the Prophets for technology. Jul M'dama, a name many who have played Spartan Op's should recognize, leads the opposing faction, which still believe the Forrunners as gods and seek to destroy the Arbiter and his allies, humanity included of course. With ONI prodding both factions hoping for mutual annihilation we end the book with the knowledge that things aren't going well for the Arbiter, and from there we can suppose that his faction loses with the knowledge we have from Jul M'dama's appearance in Spartan Op's and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any 'friendly' Elites.

So yeah, I really don't think the Arbiter is going to make an appearance again, which is a shame because I liked his character.

There could be a great spinoff with the Arbiter. It could cover the rest of the war between the Elites and the rest of the Covenant, the Civil War on Sanghelios (I hope that wasn't a spoiler, but how do you think you end up fighting Elites in Halo 4?), etc.

I liked playing as him in Halo 2 (although I wanted to see him fighting some humans). In Halo 3 you only played as him in co-op as player 2.

I liked him very much because he was one of the few actually developed characters in the series - in Halo 2 at least.; what they did to him in Hao 3 was horrible. On the other hand I can't imagine his H2 personality translated on one of those beast-like H4 Elites, he seemed just too intelligent and cunning for that. Not to mention that the Elites don't speak English/ anymore...