343 Talked about Halo 4

Rafter

343i said very little about Halo 4, but here's what we know:

When creating a sequel for the game, some things must evolve but they wanted to keep to the core of halo. That's their biggest struggle, how to evolve while keeping it to the core:

- They talked about keeping halo to a sandbox style

- They mentioned that the player will always have a choice of how to approach the enemy and not only one solution.

- I caught this sentence: "our problem is, how can we place new weapons, new abilities without running too far away from the core."

................ Does this mean we'll have smth like Armor abilities?

More:

Chief's and cortana relationship will be explored

Chief's mind (ideas and thoughts) will be explored. Meaning: chief will talk some more. Not too much, though, cause they cannot create a character that cannot be identified with everyone.

Multiplayer will again be able to please the whole community, from the most competitive and hardcore player to the most casual player.

Forge is acknowledged to be smth rather important in the halo universe and so will be incorporated in Halo 4, but nothing more was said.

Discussions are being held inside 343i about whether some stuff should be not only for the console (example given: stuff for modding)

If there is a Halo 4 beta it will be available for everyone and not only for those who bought Halo CEA

Unfortunately 343i didn't say and no one asked whether 343i people were reading these threads and taking our opinions into consideration.

In the end, they showed a small video of some concept art, check it on youtube in a few days, sme should put it there.

(I was able to record this, with no sound unfortunately and I think I cut smth in the end, probably some release date or smth, for a bettter quality, wait for it to appear on youtube

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35851422/Halo%204%20Concept%20Art%20%20August%202011.wmv

)

To conclude, 343i said very little but left us this message:

Everything will be revealed in due time.

(ya, not a big message I know :( )

Sorry if I missed smth, will edit the post later if I notice it,

When creating a sequel for the game, some things must evolve but they wanted to keep to the core of halo. That's their biggest struggle, how to evolve while keeping it to the core:

- They mentioned that the player will always have a choice of how to approach the enemy and not only one solution.

- I caught this sentence: "our problem is, how can we place new weapons, new abilities without running too far away from the core."

More:

Chief's mind (ideas and thoughts) will be explored. Meaning: chief will talk some more. Not too much, though, cause they cannot create a character that cannot be identified with everyone.

Multiplayer will again be able to please the whole community, from the most competitive and hardcore player to the most casual player.

Forge is acknowledged to be smth rather important in the halo universe and so will be incorporated in Halo 4, but nothing more was said.

Discussions are being held inside 343i about whether some stuff should be not only for the console (example given: stuff for modding)

If there is a Halo 4 beta it will be available for everyone and not only for those who bought Halo CEA

In the end, they showed a small video of some concept art, check it on youtube in a few days, sme should put it there.

EVERYTHING WILL BE REVEALED IN DUE TIME.

Hmm.... I will think about this...

More:

Unfortunately 343i didn't say and no one asked whether 343i people were reading these threads and taking our opinions into consideration.

(I was able to record this, with no sound unfortunately and I think I cut smth in the end, probably some release date or smth, for a bettter quality, wait for it to appear on youtube

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35851422/Halo%204%20Concept%20Art%20%20August%202011.wmv

)

Everything will be revealed in due time.

I hope they ditch armor abilities and keep the game more simple.