Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

Delreuse snapped to the intercom

"Promethean forces assaulting the base, defend the line at all costs. If Charlie goes, our entire prescese on requiem goes. Kill the watchers before they build turrets and revive dead knights"

He then grabbed an assault rifle from the watchtower armoury and a combat BDU which he put on. He then joined the other officers in barricading windows and preparing for the eventual telltale sound of someone hitting a reinforced titanium door...

Ashley's eyes went plate-sized when she made it into the armory to see about seven retreating Marines opening fire on what she could only describe as a hulking, alien robot. Its body was like a titanium crabshell covered in a layer of hardlight shielding. The creschendo of 7.62mm rounds bounced off of it, pinging harmlessly for a moment until it finally gave way and popped. Soto immediately grabbed for a stack of BR55 magazines, but by the time she slapped one home, thumbing the charging handle forward with a solid click, the Knight was already dissipating into a bright orange glow.

"Jesus Christ!" she yelled, sweeping left to right to make sure none others were arriving.

"I've got wounded!" one Marine shouted.

Without a second thought, Soto joined the man as he tore an individual first aid kit from his thigh and broke out a can of biofoam. "I've got two critical! Where's the damn corpsman?!"

Some of the Marines were still reloading, others checking corners out of shock and confusion. In the midst of it all was a white armored Mariner with red shoulder guards. Ashley stabbed a finger in his direction. "You! We need you here!"

The man snapped out of his haze and rushed forward. "Y-yeah. I got him, you go ahead."

With that, Soto grabbed the rest of her gear and headed out of the armory. "This is Lance Corporal Soto," she said on open comms, "Where do you need me?"

Jacob finished off the knight with his knife, taking a few minutes. He got up and heard Corpral Soto on the coms.

"We could use some help out here in the courtyard, Corpral." Jacob replied.

Jacob saw the watchers were all down, it was now only ground units. He started fireing on the nearest knight, taking it down in a clip. He realized his efforts would be more noticeable if he had a more powerful weapon, so he found a sniper. He took two knights that were lined up down with one shot, noticing many more coming towards him. He retreated back to cover. He then noticed the Titan...

A Sentinel hovered over the plains of Requiem, scanning the reclaimers. It noticed that they were fighting the intruders. The Sangheili were primary fighters though other species were present. It fired blue high powered beam, killing an Unggoy soldier. A marine turned up and screamed

"Watcher!" Before another put his rifle down.

"They don't have bullseye a on their sides, and it killed a grunt..."

The Major then sent wireless orders to protector factories, it scanned the approximate population of reclaimers and rounded them. Defensive, offensive and healing protector units would be on station to aid the Reclaimer forces in taking the Ancients structures. It then sent another order to many Super Sentinel and normal Sentinels stationed over the battlefield.

Attack the intruders.

Hundreds of thousands of blue and orange beams lit up the night sky as they began to turn the tide for the Human forces. Enforcer inits began to barrage them with Missiles, completely safe inside their shields. Some picked up Wraith tanks and Spectres and crushed them with their claws.

This battle is win! I will soon be freed, and intruders will be banished! exclaimed a voice, from the darkest corner of a small room, barricaded and contained by the Storm.

------------------------

"Roger that, Anton, turn the mass drivers on the new ones. I would prefer not to nuke my own base unless there is no alternative."

The Major, encased in gold casing wandered away from one battle to another. Reclaimers on defense... It sent orders for a squad of Enforcers and 100 sentinels to join the Reclaimers at their construction. The Prometheans were slaughtering them. Anyone else may have seen the irony of putting Forerrunner constructs vs Forerunner constructs but the simple AI only followed its programming to assist the Reclaimers. It saw Titan units. It began to wander over and fired its beam at a Crawler unit. Acidic goo sprayed everywhere.

With little option but to follow the voices in her head, Ashley sprinted to the courtyard, grinding her boots against the ground as she came to a halt alongside a fireteam of Marines. She thumbed her fire selector to "Full Auto" and opened fire on the nearest Knight.

"Combine fire!" she yelled over the clamour of weapons clattering away in the once silent air. At once, five streams of tracers seemed to cross and focus on the lone target. It didn't last longer than a moment at that point.

Once the Promethean Battlewagon was eliminated, she dropped her magazine, slapping a fresh batch of 9.5x40mm Armor Piercing into the bullpup stock. It was around then that she saw a swarm of Crawlers skittering their way in. She controlled her shots this time, popping off semi-auto fire in their direction. They were fast, almost too fast to manage a killshot, but she got lucky once or twice.

Once that threat was taken care of, she swiveled her head around, searching for this "Titan."

[Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a "Titan?" I kinda failed to find it anywhere in the Halo lore.]

[Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a "Titan?" I kinda failed to find it anywhere in the Halo lore.]

((Made up Promethean, but please. Read the posts from the beginning, you can't keep asking questions like these. They can be answered by reading them. Or read my PM))

"So far the only way to take down a Titan is to nuke it." Anton replied as he powered up the mass drivers. The EAGLE knights quickly fell dead under the suppressing fire. Then the Titan rolled over the hill, its massive energy cannon pointing at the base. It incinerated the front line of soldiers within seconds. Anton noticed the mounted cannon charging, and marines screamed and ran. An energy projectile let loose and demolished sector 3. "Fire mass drivers!" Anton yelled. The missiles slammed into the Titan. Nothing happened. He sighed.

"Admiral, we need to nuke it. The mass drivers had no effect."

((A Titan is a forerunner tank that can has incredible endurance and has a cannon with the power of a spartan laser and binary rifle x15. We made it up. It isn't in the lore.))

"What about the MAC? We still have the Midnight don't we?"

At that point, a hundred sentinels of different types began to shroud the night sky, they opened fire. Hundreds if white hot beams all pierced the same armour point on the tank. The armour began to glow, it began to melt. An inineration round took most of the group out. Then seven massive ones came. Missiles fired. Then exploded. The Titan was sparking electricity, not dead. Not by a long shot, but just damaged enough to throw the AIs targeting off. It's effectiveness in combat was reduced...

"Marines, it seems we have some new arrivals. Do not fire on them unless they do first. Also, a hole has been made in its armour. It is possible a well placed grenade or rocket could take it down."

((Made up Promethean, but please. Read the posts from the beginning, you can't keep asking questions like these. They can be answered by reading them. Or read my PM))

[Jesus Christ, don't bite my ******* head off. I read through the last three pages. I didn't want it to seem like Soto knew EVERYTHING when she arrived.]

Soto stuck with her position, amplifying the Marine's line of fire until the courtyard was mostly cleared. Just then the air filled with a thunderous bang as a rail driver shoved a round right into this new class of Promethean. She cursed under her breath as she shook her head. Railguns, Gauss tech, and especially MACs tended to leave her ears popping. Another voice came over the comm.

[i'm just copy/pasting what was previously said, not controlling.]

"Marines, it seems we have some new arrivals. Do not fire on them unless they do first. Also, a hole has been made in its armour. It is possible a well placed grenade or rocket could take it down."

Ashley hunched down behind cover. "Yeah, okay," she said sarcastically, though with her comm offline. "I'd totally love to take my chances on foot against an ancient alien behemoth."

"Hey," a Marine said, patting an Jackhammer rocket launcher cradled in his arms. "I've got AT (Anti-Tank)."

With a nod, she got back on comms. "Everyone, covering fire on three...two...one. Light 'em up!" She stood above cover and opened fire on the tank, giving it something else to look at as the Marine bolted to the right, going wide in its blindspot before crouching low, readying the launcher, and sending two HEAT rounds into its opening.

"Apparently not, you have it covered." Anton said. He turned back to the radar. Wait... it melted at the same point. He thought. Then Anton yelled "Oh no. ADMIRAL! The Titan is a-" A flash of light burst through the air and thousands of pieces of debre and bodies were scattered and torn apart. The landscape was devastated and Sector 7 of Charlie Base was gone.

Anton was speechless.

Ashley's ears were ringing, lungs fighting to draw air back in as she coughed and gagged. Rolling over she managed to find her BR55. It was covered in dirt, just like her armor, smoke still billowing from the side that faced the sight of the alleged blast. Her eyes were adjusting to a dynamic color splotch, a sunspot from the bright flash.

As she staggered to her feet, she shook her head of the disorientation as she struggled with her rifle, fighting to keep it level as she scanned the courtyard. Her VISR optics were rebooting. Clearly the blast was strong enough to rattle her suit's systems. As her hearing slowly returned, all she could discern was the sound of her own rugged breathing. All around were casualties, Marine, ODST and she could've sworn there was at least one Spartan somewhere.

As Corpsmen and Medics started to round up the wounded, or whatever was left of them, she marched out, now noting the sharp pain in her shoulder, and covered their efforts to triage. "This is," she paused to let out a rough, raspy cough. "This is Soto...anyone...someone...What the f*** just happened?"

Bauer made his way to sector 4. Passing several Marines and ODST's on the way, all seemed to be busy in one aspect or another.....something was coming and Jake new it.

When he entered sector 4 he checked the board to see..once again.. he was a lone operator againts a Spartan 2 and some other marines.... "Well, this should be fun"

He sat down and readied himself for the upcoming battle, one that was sure to bring a little extra competition to the ranks...seeing as it WAS a Spartan 2.....

Then he heard Anton over the speaker and rolled his eyes as he made his way back to the barracks....

"or maybe not...."

Soto pried her helmet off the moment she stepped into the barracks, setting it atop her locker before peeling away at her bracers. "Rest up?" she said aloud, hoping to catch someone's attention. "After what just happened, the solution is 'Rest up?' Are you kidding?"

She was about to pull the bracer on her right forearm off when when she hesitated with a thought. Shaking her head, she locked it back in place and grabbed her helmet again. "Screw it. I'm staying on watch tonight," she said, pushing her way back to the door.

Bauer stood against the rail, staring out into the darkness...

He thought he would take watch tonight, can never have enough guards on a UNSC base.

He kept thinking about recent events, the loss of his squad and him taking up the offer to join the Spartan 4's.....

Everything was going by quickly .....

Ashley patrolled the perimeter of Firebase Charlie. It was a good thing she had taken that jog earlier, grown accustommed to the details. She knew what was normal what was out of place now, though thankfully her watch yielded no ill results...until she reached the sections that were damaged by the blast...or whatever that was. Blood still stained the ground, and MPs and Marine personnel were closing off the zone. She kept on walking, swaying in a relaxed pace as she cradled her battle rifle.

Nothing good came of this place, she had decided.