Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

A flood infector form jumped onto the console. It started chomping and Anton was becoming flood. "I'm sorry, but 95% of me is now flood. If you want to survive, I have to shut down the systems. ALL of them. Signing out, until whenever." Anton disappeared into the systems and the engines stopped running, the lights flickered, and the Infinity drifted towards the portal.

((I did that so I could RP my other character, who was on the Infinity before it was abandoned, just he was hidden))

-------------------

646 Eternal Nova

12:34

UNSC Infinity Bridge

Nova uncloaked, and the Science deck was uninhabited. He flew down to the elevator and activated it. How could the flood be on this ship? Nova thought as he went to the bridge. His red laser decimated anything that got in the way, be it flood or covenant. When Nova got the bridge, everyone pointed their guns at him. He was an Oracle after all.

"What are you doing here..?" The Commander hesitated to ask.

"I am 646 Eternal Nova. The first and oldest A.I. ever created. But you don't care about that do you? I just came to study why you have technology from my creators." His photo-receptor began to glow a dim red. "AND WHY YOU STOLE IT!" Nova shot his laser at one of the Spartans, it killed him instantly. The other Spartans shot wildly but the bullets couldn't penetrate his shields.

"I want to speak with the Captain of this ship." Nova demanded.

Ty grunted and opened his eyes. His breathing was shallow.

"Anton..... Status report........" He sat there for a few minutes in silence. "Anton?"

Ty braced against the command console and hoisted himself to his feet.

"Anton....... if this....... is a joke....... it's not.......funny......"

Ty saw an infecter form on Anton's console. He drew his pistol and shot it.

"Damn it....... I said..... lock the door...."

Ty hit his comm.

"Anyone....... on this...... frequency........ give me....... a sitrep......"

Edited by D-38 Boss

Bauer responded to Ty..

"Ty this is Bauer, im held up in a hallway with a squad of marines, comms array 1 and 2 are up and running, auto defence turrets are active in some parts of the ship and....well thats all i know so far, tell me if you need any assistance, i can shut this hallway down and get this squad to your position"

Bauer continued firing at the flood, holding his position with the marines.

"Stop! Stop this!" Shouted the captain, jumping in front of a Spartan, arms raised.

"Sir-" it protested

"What do you want? What is happening with the Prometheans? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SHIP!?" He shouted, pulling his M6D pistol, not that it would be if any use, but for comfort.

"Negative...... Bauer..... I'm fine..... Relatively...... Speaking........" Ty swallowed. His throat was starting to swell. "I'm gonna.... try and.... get to the...... Medbay..... They should have........an Auto-surgeon.... set up...... down there.... MacMillan out......"

Ty walked over to Logan. He lifted him up, swung his arm over his shoulders, and started out the door and down the hall. He could feel his body shutting down.

"Come on...... Just a...... bit longer....."

Ty managed to make it to the medbay. He help Logan into a medical bed, and went over to lock the door.

He hit his comm.

"Any units..... who need.... the medbay...... the door code..... is 134..... 068..... This is MacMillan.....signing off...... maybe...... for the last time......"

Ty walked over to the auto-surgeon table. He flipped open the control panel.

"How do you..... work this thing again?"

Ty managed to pull up an assistant program. He set the Table to Autofix.

"Autofix?..... That could...... be named better...."

Ty undid his vest and pulled off his shirt. He laid down on the table and pulled the oxygen mask over his mouth. He put the Anesthetics cuff on this bicep, reached over, and pushed the start button on the panel.

As his Body numbed and his consciousness closed in he spoke in Gaelic Irish:

"Féadfaidh an bhiotáille féachaint thar na laochra an domhain, mar atá siad troid le haghaidh a n maireann."

May the spirits watch over the warriors of earth, as they fight for their survival.

Ty blacked out.

Murphy was moving along the ships dorcel highway, engaging any targets of opputunity he saw along the way.

He was making good progress considering he had to drive, stop, acquire targets, load the gun, aim and fire all by himself.

Repeat for every single skrimish.

"Auto loader is the next priority, screw the mini-fridge."

He sighted covenant armour ahead, a welcome change from the infected freaks.

Patching into the comm channel reserved for ODST's he made a request.

"Anyone listening in to this, I need someone who can aim, lift heavy stuff and spot freaks to meet me at junction 221. First come gets to pick what they want to do."

((By Captain, I meant Delreuse, but okay.))

"I have done nothing to your ship. But I do want to know, why are your core and engines Forerunner technology. It is sacred, and you will all die, unless you give me an answer. Also for your sake, until Anton comes back online, I will be your A.I. for the ship." 646 Eternal Nova said.

"So... I'm guessing we don't have a choice then..." The Admiral muttered as he tried to restore power around the ship. He began to relay orders to the fleet to begin making a hole in the blockade around the portal.

"I need a status report. How much of the ship have we got now?"

"Urh... 65% of Infinity under our control. Decks A through D are still vented and reporting no life signs apart from some Rangers. And... We have some unexpected guests again" the officer replied, pulling up screens of Sentnel units from various camera feeds.

"Auto defenses?"

"Up and running around essential areas and on the hull. Secondary turrets offline, as are long range communications"

"Relay the troops to begin pushing on the final areas. As long as those Prometheans aren't shooting is, we can take out all hostiles on board and hopefully regain a foothold on the planet."

"Sir." Was the final reply as the crewman began to message various squads around the ship.

Ty coughed. His chest felt like it was burning, but he could breath. He felt stronger than before. He looked down to see if he had been patched up, the only remnant of the surgery was a small scar on his chest, wide enough to cover the two burned points where the sword entered.

"Anton, can you-" Ty looked up "Eahh! what the hell are you?!"

Logan stirred on the medical bed.

"Five more minutes mom......."

"I'm an Oracle. Let's see... ah. Logan here is dreaming about playing Call of Duty: End of the World, and telling his mom 5 more minutes of play time. And also, Tyler, Anton is dead for now. I'm assuming his role as A.I. until further notice. Don't ask any questions." Nova said. Then he stung Ty with his laser. "You were woken up at this point, and your 5 minutes of surgery you will remain awake. How did you get that wound?"

"uh.... Fist fight with a Covenant Arbiter..... Where did you come from?" Ty pulled his shirt back on. the heavy Kevlar weave of the ODST's shirts were good for stopping small cuts, but they were too warm for his liking.

"Last monitor I had heard of was that 343 guy. And he uh.... wasn't exactly a good introduction to your kind."

[@SykoWolf - Yeah, that's kinda what I just said, ****Knuckles. Nice job being a patronizing *******.]

15:17

UNSC Infinity

Bridge Corridor

Lance Corporal Ashley Soto and Corporal Arnold Fuchs marched in tandem toward the bridge, their armored boots making heavy thuds against the deckplates. Personnel parted their paths, though they took little notice of this, keeping their eyes forward and their strong postures locked. They had their weapons hung at their sides, and a hard copy of an authenticated, authorized transfer notice in the opposite hand. Normally, by tradition, they would have taken their time left aboard the ship to get one last look around. But they ignored it--the sights, the sounds, the crew. They had enough of it--enough of Requiem.

As soon as they entered the bridge, Ashley took point in approaching Captain Delreuse. She stopped a few good feet behind him, clacking her heels together loud enough to grab his attention. Without another word, she handed him the sheet of paper. Fuchs was next in line.

"It's a Note of Authorized Transfer by the Office of Naval Intelligence," Ashley explained, saving the Captain the time needed to look at the document. "We're leaving Hazard Squad and the Infinity."

((You leaving RP?))

"I.. I'm sorry? You cannot leave now. We still have this ship to take. Tell me, how do you expect to GET to Earth? My fleet is in combat, our ship is boarded and You." He walked closer. " You have a job to do, no one is leaving until this ship is clear of ALL hostiles. In a combat situation, this is not the time." He began to go back to the holographic display. "Oh, and please explain how you came in contact with ONI. I assure you, our transmitters for long range are down." He went back to work, wishing that problems could be solved for once, rather than created.

[Correct.]

Ashley gave the Captain his moment, shifting her weight, gaze floating to the ceiling behind her visor as she listened. When he was finally done speaking, she glanced back at him. "Spartans aren't the only personnel that matter aboard this ship, Captain. We've had combat engineers attending to the arrays for some time since we cleared them, and while they haven't brought the arrays back online, this notice came through because I sent this request from Forward Operating Base Charlie in the night before our operation even started."

She straightened out and looked once at Fuchs. The only reason he was along was because he was recommended, and in good conscience she couldn't make the request for herself and leave him where he was. It paid to have family in the system. She continued.

"I'd also implore you to read the text for details. Nowhere in either of our notices does it say we're going back to Earth. As of right now, the UNSC has a strong foothold in this ship to commence a steady reassimilation, and with reinforcements currently in flow, there's room for rotation out along with medivacs and supply runs. This ship will be cleared, but it'll be with two less Helljumpers than you expected."

"Different Arbiter, they appoint new ones... it's some kind of, honorable punishment. and no..... Logan couldn't beat him."

Ty hooked in his vest. He pulled on the hat he had taken and put the headset over his ears.

"Soto, Fuchs, Report."

He turned to the monitor.

"The flood... uh.... Parasite still on the ship?"