Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

[Yeah, I wanted to bring attention to Jacob's 8-elite massacre but it's none of my business what Spartans are capable of. And Boss, that was good I guess. Not bad.]

Once she was convinced that Ty was okay--at least in a physical sense--Ashley glanced back at Fuchs. The Corporal shook his head this time, expressing a heavy feeling of doubt. Ashley couldn't blame him, as she wasn't entirely comfortable with the team's setup anymore herself. She wasn't even sure why she announced Ty's condition on comms as it didn't exactly help anyone. If anything it gave more reason for panic.

The woman put a hand on Ty's shoulder. "You need to clear your head. If you don't think you can lead us then I will, got it?"

"Uh.... Yeah.... Um... Let's grab our gear, and... head back to the bridge."

Ty walked over and lifted his helmet, Or what was left of it. The Elite's sword had cut the front of it clean off. He had missed death by inches.

"Damn.... Lucky you weren't in there Anton..." Ty said, forgetting his comm was built in to the helmet.

[@Church. The Master Chief nearly got killed by an Elite Minor in the books, and again by his first encounter with a Brute. So a Spartan II flooring eight ungodly strengthed Elites without taking a scratch is kinda...UNrealistic.]

At Ty's staggered command, Ashley gauged Fuchs' reaction. It was about what she expected; doubting and still rather uneasy about his placement. "C'mon, you heard him: Consolidate your gear, grab some ammo while we're at it...and lets head back."

Fuchs replied in little more than a grunt, but nonetheless he went to the racks and grabbed a few replacement magazines, as well as an M90 CAWS. Then, he turned back to Ashley with a subtle head-nod toward the racks. She knew what he was trying to say, and didn't even question his motive. The tight spaces had factored into a few more close encounters than necessary. Slinging her BR55, she grabbed an M7 from the racks and clicked in a fresh magazine.

"Set," she reported.

Murphy stalked his way along the corridors, evading patrols while he pressed forward.

The covies still had control of much of the ship, the battle could go on for days.

He made his way to .....somewhere, there was signs of fighting there.

He huddled the wall and listened in the open door.

Now he recalled where he was, the armoury.

"Crap, covies still hold the damn thing." He thought quietly.

He moved closer to the door and readied his weapon.

He could make out voices.

"Freeze you scaly ********!"

Ty shook at Murphy's Shout. His nerves were frayed. He still saw the Elite's sword slashing at him.

"At ease Murphy.... They uh, they took care of it..."

He picked his pistol up off the floor and holstered it.

The rack to his right was full of shotguns. he grabbed one and the shells to go with it.

"Alright, Back to the bridge everyone."

[sorry I'm lacking creativity]

Ashley took point and people ended up on the bridge again. And stuff.

[Just kidding, just kidding. Easy, Boss.]

With the armory secure, Ashley and Fuchs finalized their equipment consolidation, so the next stop was the bridge. After observing Ty's behavior, both in combat and post, she assumed the role of pointwoman. Fuchs knew why, and as a result took it upon himself to cover the rear, keeping an eye on their lead.

It wasn't long before they found the right track to the bridge, but even though it was secure they kept in check, watching every corner, every duct as though it were a universal bad-guy dispenser. Eventually, they found the bridge, and at that moment Ashley waved the team toward the doorway, stacking up on either side.

She counted down with her fingers from three, then all at once, they moved in, splitting off in separate directions to cover the room at all angles. "Clear!"

"Clear."

"All clear, Sergeant. Whatever fight happened here, we missed it."

((really? just really? No. Noooooo. No. fix that post. fix it. fixitfixitfixitfxitfixit. Fiiiix Iiiiiit.))

Ty practically stumbled down the hallway.

"Good.... good...."

He shook his head, a haze was setting in. His eyes felt cloudy, and his breathing was becoming labored.

((thanks for fixing it.))

"I don't know...."

Another sharp pain in his chest."Damn it........"

Ty Unhooked his Armor's chest plate. He placed his hand on his sternum. It was wet, and it hurt to the touch. there were two precise holes in the chest plate.

Ty looked down at his hand. it was coated in blood. Enough to know it was a deep wound.

"Corporal... I...... Think I need a medic...."

[Maybe I misread, since you said that his helmet was just grazed by the blade. "Ty walked over and lifted his helmet, Or what was left of it. The Elite's sword had cut the front of it clean off. He had missed death by inches." I assumed that any upstanding member of the military would put it back on if possible, as little protection was better than none at all. Adequate detail is typically required for players to get a gist of what's happening. Try that in the future.]

Ashley took a step away from the team leader. He was a mess, emotionally, and as her knowledge of First Aid assessments kicked in, physical restraints were coming into play as well. How this wasn't noticed by anyone, Ty himself, was beyond her, but before he could say another word, the Lance Corporal pulled a can of biofoam from the IFAK on her thigh.

"Jesus Christ," she swore to herself. She fitted the nozzle close to the wound, giving both punctures a half-second of foam spray each. "Take it easy. I'm sure there's a corpsman somewhere..."

She was instilling false hope, but that was about all she could do for him. For a moment, she believed her own words, up until the point where the revelation came: they had come in one Pelican, and not once did she make note of any Medics of Corpsmen in their Area of Operations. Any other forces on board were probably decks between them.

"You're gonna be fine," she said with some assurance as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

((Jesus, don't bite my head off.... I figured there'd be enough detail to show that the helmet could not be worn. Sorry... <_<))

"That damn Elite.... with that F---ing sword...." He coughed, a bit of blood spilling out of his mouth. "He didn't get me bad, but he got me enough.... S--t..."

Ty shook his head. "Shoulda stayed on the farm....wouldn't have to worry about keeping a squad and myself alive." Ty's mind started to drift into hysterics.

"I mean, What the F--- did I think was going to happen if i became an ODST? I sure as s--- wasn't thinking about being stabbed with a damned Energy sword."

He looked at the ceiling. "What is it with swords anyway? What kinda Barbarian Bulls--- is that? Not content destroying planets? you gotta stab people too?"

Ty trailed off to mumbling.

Ashley urged Ty to sit down, leaning his back to the wall. "Fuchs, get over here. I need your ruck," she said on comms. She could've just shouted but she didn't want to agitate the Sergeant's stress level and risk a more rapid decline.

During the wait, Ashley placed gauze and occlusive dressings over the entry points made by the sword. Thankfully the blades were made of some form of raw energy, as hard as it was to be thankful for something so terrifying. It typically cauterized the wounds, but this case was going to take some time.

Just then, Fuchs arrived, taking his pack off. He caught on as Ashley gestured to Ty's feet, placing the pack underneath to elevate his legs in a Trendelenburg position, restricting some blood flow to his legs to prevent shock.

"What is it with swords anyway? What kinda Barbarian Bulls--- is that? Not content destroying planets? you gotta stab people too?"

Soto snickered beneath her helmet, though kept her eyes on her work, inspecting Ty's torso for any other wounds, then met him eye to eye, gently lifting his brows with her thumbs to check his pupils. At least he was doing the job of keeping the situation light. It was still on her to keep him talking, however. "'Farm,' huh? Were you a colony kid?"

"Ah--I figured you were a colony kid when you said 'farm.' Kinda how most of our lives went anyway." She took a moment to pour a fresh bit of saline over the dressings, keeping them moist. "I grew up on Chi Rho myself. My dad was an officer, so when I told him I was enlisting he walked me through it, recommended me for the ODSTs after I finally convinced him it was what I wanted."

Ashley sat back on her heels, glancing at Fuchs as he covered the near-desolate corridors, then turned her attention back to Ty. "That's about all I can do, but you're stable now. All we have to do is...wait for a medic to come along."

(Lets just say Bauer was working away at the console on the bridge)

Bauer put his hand on Ty's shoulder

"You did good soldier"

He then proceeded to place his helmet back on his head.

"Soto, whats your next objective?... I need to go repair the defence turrets outside, perhaps i can assist you from the outside with your objective?"

Bauer slipped a new clip into his DMR and placed it on the magnetic plates on his back before touching the slice in his armour.

"Doesnt look too deep, i should be able to survive out there"