Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

The lights in the Training room flickered and cut out. Ty felt himself lifting off the floor. he hit the flashlight on his vest and looked around.

"The hell? artificial Gravity is down?"

Ty worked his way to the door and tried to open it. no power. he flipped the override switch and pushed it open. He floated his way down to the bridge.

"Sir? What the hell is happening now?"

Sarah Mendez, pelican 458 inbound to infinity, 04:00

Sarah looked around the crowded pelican, seeing the infinity looked dark she wondered. "What's going on in there?"

Their pelican began to slow down. "Pelican 458 requesting clearance to land. Do you copy?" The pilot said over the coms.

"This is already weird... And it's not even half way through my first day." She thought.

On the coms in return came a shaky, static filled... "Clearance granted for landing at 6B. Artificial gravity, lights, and many other systems are offline for now, so be careful." The pilot got as a reply.

The pelican landed and the recruits were already being brought to the bridge. They arrived, many curious, seeing many laser marks. The admiral was waiting is what they were told, and they were awaiting assignments.

• Like 1

"Anton! good to see you back online, Nova did..... something, you might wanna run a systems check...." Ty said in relief.

Ty set down carefully as the gravity came back online.

Ty walked over in the bridge. New recruits had arrived.

"Hey everyone, I'm Sgt. MacMillan, 3rd ODST's, the Admiral will be along soon, So allow me to bring you up to speed. We've just taken the Infinity back from the Covenant. If you see a flood corpse, don't be alarmed, we had to fight them too. just report it immediately, and someone will come over to dispose of it." Ty took a deep breath. "I'm gonna level with you, we've been having a rough time, and we've lost a lot of good people. just keep your head down, follow your commanders orders, and you'll be fine. Alright... I need to go to medbay, Admiral Delruse will be along to brief you further and give you your assignments. Any questions before I go?"

Ty got impatient waiting for a reply.

He walked off the bridge over towards medbay.

"Logan! you up yet?"

"Not too loud..... My head is killing me..." Came the mumbling reply.

"Yeah, a cracked skull will do that."

"Anton said it was dented."

"If it was dented you'd be dead. Bone can't dent, it would have caved in. you had a skull fracture." ((O_O I'm looking at you HaloGeek.))

"Still hurt like hell...."

"Yeah, but, that Arbiter could of killed you. not that I'm not happy you're alive, I'm just curious as to why he let you live."

"Maybe He thought I was dead?"

"Maybe....."

Ty rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh..... Soto and Fuchs transferred off of the Infinity."

"So..... it's just you and me?"

"Looks that way." Ty shrugged. "Shoulda never gave me team lead. They probably left because I'm f---in' Inept as a commander."

"I'm not gonna argue." Logan joked.

"F--- off." Ty laughed back. "Maybe i should have left you on the bridge then."

"I was comfortable there..."

"Right. All busted up. I'm sure you could have taken a nap right then and there."

"I did, remember?"

"If you can't tell the difference between Passing out and falling asleep, I should have your head looked at."

"I'm sure they won't find anything wrong that wasn't already there."

"well, either way, it's good to see you up and moving about."

Ty sighed. This had been one hell of a day.

Edited by D-38 Boss

"Yeah, you probably didn't hear what i said to the Admiral. I want Hazard dissolved, there's no reason to keep a two man team. unless we get some new team members in."

Ty scratched his head.

"I just..... I wasn't ready to lead a team.... not by a long shot. I mean.... every team has it's weakest link, but it should never be the squad leader...."

"Welcome to the UNSC Infinity, your new home for the next few months! If you look down at your data pads, Anton should have assigned tasks and barracks for you. You may notice dead Flood, Covenant and others. If so, collect any weapons and ammo they may have. We cannot afford to waste them, speaking of which, dont be surprised at the amount of troops with Covenant rifles and forerunner weapons. Our ammo reserves have been a bit lacking. Now, anyone who is not in a squad or needs to ask questions, please follow Antons directions to the bridge. Otherwise, get to work."

Ty was sitting in the archive room. he was running command simulations on a console.

He entered his I.D. as well as the I.D.s of Fuchs, Scott, and Soto.

It brought up their relevant combat data, and lifted holographic images of them on the console.

He set up the scenario in the Armory. he ran it over and over again.

"That's not possible...." He was K.I.A. every time. no matter how he changed the entry and clear tactics.

He ran the scenario with the actual data.

"So..... I was the weakest link." The simulation rendered him dead. the elite should have killed him. but he survived. Only because of Soto. now that she had left. he was more likely to die then ever before.

Ty pulled up various simulations. he tried different tactics, different squad make-ups, different loadouts. he even gave himself a Scorpion tank. nothing. the results screen kept reading.

3 GREEN

1 K.I.A. : MacMillan.

Ty shut off the display and powered the console down. He sighed heavily.

"I need to shape up. No new commanders arrived and i'm the senior ODST here. Gotta pick up the slack..."

Ty hopped up and headed out to the firing range. He'd need to sharpen up his AR skills.

Bauer had made his way into the armoury and finished up several rounds of weapon tests....

Always aceing the tests....

Bauer now stood as the highest ranking Spartan 4 on the ship...

He hadnt changed armour yet, and so remnants of the fight remained evident on his armour.

From scratches to blood and Flood flesh staining his armour...he looked like a bloody wreck.

Anton appeared on the bridge. "I'm here to answer your questions." He said.

"Sir, when do we get our first mission?" One asked.

"Where are our barracks?" Another one chimed.

"All information about missions, schedules, and barrack location should be found on your datapad." Anton replied.

The questioning soldiers looked at their datapads and ran off. Anton began to search the Infinity crew history files....

-----------------------------------------

((So this, will be a flashback for a little bit in the RP. You can be the same character, just you are at the Academy. The older ones, like Delreuse, should just be high ranked cadets about the graduate. I'm going to be an older A.I. named Ares. This is just to experience your backstories a little bit more.))

Ares watched as cadets ran along the hallways and firing at the shooting range. The academy was always so busy...

((Am I Correct in assuming people are going to be using the Academy I referenced? the one in Ireland?))

Ty sat in his military history class. He loved it. History was his favorite subject in school growing up.

Instructor Dawkins Turned to the class.

"Can anyone tell me the name of the Warlord In Three Kingdoms Era china who was eventually Deified, who is credited as well with the invention of the Abacus?"

Ty waited to see if anyone else knew it. he judged they didn't by their confused murmuring. He shot up his hand.

"Yes Ty?"

"Guan Yu. He fought under both Cao Cao, and Liu Bei. He was killed by Sun Quan, who sent his head back to Cao Cao, who buried it with a full ritual burial and honors."

"Correct! Very good Ty."

Ty smirked to himself. It wouldn't help him in battle, but it felt good know more than most. The muttering of his classmates made him feel uneasy though.

Pvt. Franklin leaned over to him.

"Why don't you spend more time at the range instead of studying all the time? you already know this stuff, and your aim's just crap."

"I'm good with a sidearm."

"Lotta good that'll do. those M6B's they give us can't even dent an Elites shields."

"I prefer the M6CSOCOM. silenced and more powerful."

The bell rang. Ty hopped up and headed out the door. He passed Ares along the way.

"Hey Ares! Whats new?"

((This is actually a decent idea. But i'd split the posts into two. so we can keep the current story going.))

------------

Ty was Sitting in the Firing range, whittling down his personal MA5D Assault Rifle to make the iron sight he had before.

He lifted it to his shoulder and looked down the sights.

"Perfectly aligned...."

Ty stood up and walked over to the target range. He tapped the control panel and brought up an Elite Holo target. He set it to charge. for added motivation, He made it wield a sword.

The Elite charged at him, he aimed his rifle at it and fired. The Elite jumped left and kept coming, Ty's ammo ran out. The elite ran him through. Ty felt a small electric shock where the Holo-sword hit him.

"Damn....." He reloaded, pulled up the target again, and tried again.

Edited by D-38 Boss

((The one you referenced to.))

"Oh nothing. Pretty boring overseeing everything." Ares said quietly. Then he noticed Ty's paper. "Getting straight A's again? How are the others doing? I'll bet they will never pass. The only person I'd worry about is Sergeant Cortez." The A.I. pointed to the tall soldier getting slapped in the face by a girl for trying to flirt. The others in his gang laughed. Cortez shut them up with a quick snap and then they walked off. "You had best get to your Science class. Today you learn about..." Ares looked at the schedule. "How charged plasma bolts take down your shields. Off you go! Have fun. Careful of Cortez, he just got transfered to your Science class. And don't be late for lunch, I have a special announcement to make." Ares finished with a sigh.

Ty just looked at Ares.

"I'd say stop and take a breath but.... nevermind. Take it easy..."

Ty walked off. He got to his science class early and took his seat near the back.

He pulled up his desks holo-panel and looked at reports from Earth. New Mombassa had been completely destroyed. but Ty found no reason to care. He hated the dirt hole of a Farming Commune he grew up in, never knowing who his parents were. He scoffed and closed the report.

Ty sat Back. Science, not his strong point but he was good enough to pass it.

The teacher took Role-call. That Sgt.... Cortez was it? was seated next to him. Ty had heard about him. Effective ODST but sent back to the Academy when it was discovered he'd never passed his academic classes.

Ty started on the Assignment. it was a short paper, Write a worded explanation, a diagram and a Long Equation on how the Plasma overcharge disables shields and vehicles. He finished in 10 minutes. He submitted it to the Instructor, getting the usual Rolling of the eyes from his class mates, and sat down. He sat down and pulled up a extranet site on the console. Cortez as looking over his shoulder.

"C-can I help you with something?"

"Here's how this is gonna work kid. Your gonna do my Paper for me, and I'm not gonna make your life a living hell, got it?"

Ty looked over at Cortez, even sitting he had at least 6 inches on him. He pulled up the command prompt on his console.

He took about a second and forwarded the paper over to Cortez's console.

"There. just leave me alone."

"Smart kid..." Cortez printed out the paper and went up to the Instructor.

Ty chuckled to himself. He had put the wrong answers on Cortez's paper. If you can't out fight them, out smart them. Tactics 101.

The End of day bell rang and Ty rushed out of the room. He had some time to kill, so he went back to is Room.

Being on the Honor roll had awarded him a private room. not much, but enough to warrant some envy from his class mates.

Ty locked the door and walked over to the bed. he knelt down and pulled the long black case out of it. He set it on the bed and opened it, revealing a long Black Bass guitar. One of his instructors last year had gave it to him as a present after he had helped him resolve an issue with his lesson plan. He plugged in his headset to the Bass's cable jack and started to play.

It was these private moments he'd treasure, and Miss most.

Ares

11:04

Academy Management

One of the Education Coordination Officers slammed his fist against the table. "Our cadets are failing! Grades aren't as high as they used to be! How do we fight the Covenant if we can't get anymore soldiers? We have... three graduating cadets! We should have at least 15. This is outrageous."

The Head Instructor spoke. "Our teachers are of the highest quality! We have nothing to do with it."

Another of the Coordinators opened his mouth, angry.

"For all we know the instructors could be horrible. You could just be trying to secure your position as Head Instructor!" The Management team squabbled on and on until finally the Academy Director yelled at the top of his lungs.

"SILENCE! We will find a way to get more graduates. Right now is a hard time. Ares has a suggestion." The Managers looked over to the A.I..

"Science, Battle Preparation, Leadership, and Shooting are key to graduating. But that is not cutting it. We need more combat situations! If they learn the skills, they need to apply them in battle. Maybe that way they will get better grades to graduate." Ares said.

The others grumbled and mumbled amongst themselves. "Dismissed." The Academy Director said sternly. The Managers got up, and walked back to their quarters. Ares disappeared and prepared his speech for the cadets.

• Like 1

Ty walked into the Cafeteria and took his usual seat. By himself. in the corner. He began to eat the soup he had gotten from the line, but stopped.

"Disgusting...." Ty could hardly stomach it. With the war getting more intense, supplies were growing limited. and apparently decent food had become a commodity.

He noticed some of the other Cadets looking at him and whispering. he knew what it as about. His lack of a family wasn't exactly a secret, nor was it any bother to him. you can't miss what you never had.

Ty opened his can of soda. at least there was something he enjoyed having.

Ares appeared on the holographic table in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Hello cadets! As you know, I'm Ares, the Academy A.I.. Me, The Academy Director, and the Simulations Team agreed on setting up a HUGE battle. Cadet Marines VS Cadet ODSTs. This will test your strength, skills, and leadership. However, this is no mere Slayer match." Some of the marines groaned and Ares continued. "The battle will last 1 week, in a HUGE simulated forest that will require you to camp, find food, and protect your teammates. The enemy team could attack at any point, simulated day or simulated night. But most of all, this will test your survival skills.

"Each team will have 4 different divisions. Assault, Precision, Back-Up, and Commanders. You have 4 hours to make up your plan to victory, if you so desire. The winning team's best soldiers will get free 100s in every class, budging you up the ladder from a 1-1 Cadet, to a 1-2 Cadet, thus allowing you for more freedom in class choice, and more challenging projects. But enough of that. Make your plans and report to the Simulated Arena in 4 hours. Good luck!" Ares finished with content, noting that Marines separated from ODSTs forming team-only tables. His speech was done, and he waited on the table for lunch to be over.

• Like 1

Ty unknowingly crushed the can in his hand.

A week-long Combat exercise? How could the Higher ups condone this? He was only in his second year, he had 4 to go. Hardly time to be ready for this kind of exercise.

Ty headed to the Armory. if he was going to do it, he'd need to be ready. He slipped into his armor and Pulled on his favorite hat, a plain black ball cap, the only thing he had managed to take when the Marines evacuated him from New Mombasa.

He paced rapidly. He was sure to end up the F.I.F.O.

His mind raced. What would he do for his team? he decided he'd be in charge of finding food, as his up bringing had made him somewhat of a (If reluctant) outdoorsman. He had been firing Pistols since he was 6, and there would surely be small and big game to hunt for food.

Ty slid his M6B into it's holster. Then checked his shotgun. Maybe everything would be fine?

"Looks like your on my squad kid." Came Cortez's voice behind him.

No. everything could not be worse.

Bauer stood on the Spartan 4's Command Deck staring at the new info he had been sent

"Commander.......Me.... How?!" Bauer said out loud

He just recieved new's of his promotion to Commander of the Spartan's aboard the Infinity

"This wont go down well with some...but screw it.." Bauer said as he walked to the ledge looking over the deck, where 3 squads of Spartans had recently arrived, and stood in formation.

(Wish we wouldnt just change crap like this without asking everyone.... that way i dont have to read every single post, i tend to skim read to get whats happening...plus if you read every post of mine, you would know that Bauer was an ODST at this point in time)

Bauer sat in the barracks with his Magnum in hand, tinkering with it, taking it apart and cleaning it out

"Why can't these idiots hurry up and get me out of here, im sick of training these kids just to go an die" Bauer said rather annoyed

He stood up and walked over to the table and took a bite out of the apple he had retrieved earlier