Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

Bauer and Jacob landed on the ground just far enough out of the blast radius that all they could feel was the heat, and not the burning hot plasma...

"Thanks .... ahh, Jacob is it?.... anyways Thanks,i woulde been fried if you hadn't gotten to me in time"

"Hopefully they dont have any more of those things hiding anywhere'

Jacob scanned the area. He watched for enemy movement. He saw the area had been cleared by the blast. He saw Bauer had been shot, and tried to help him stop the bleeding. He took a piece of the under suit of a dead marine, and wrapped it around the wound as good as was possible.

"How's that?" He asked Bauer.

Kjal, lifted a piece of wreckage that was lying on him. He hadn't been out long, as there was still heavy fighting. Still, at least the heavy armour playing on the cockpit had done its job. He pulled out a jackals shield and wrapped it onto his wrist. With no weapons around, his energy shields wouldn't last long. He pulled out a plasma pistol from the jackal and looked past the giant leg. He saw some troops coming his way, four hunters and a pack of drones. He waited for a Revenant, which he EMPed and pulled out the elite manning it. He boosted along the plains until he saw the Spartans which had evaded him many times. He opened mortar fire on them, missing them many times but taking their shields down.

Sgt. Tyler MacMillan, 3rd ODST's "Dead Drop Brigade" Unknown location, Requiem Surface

Ty shook the haze out of his head. He barely managed to make it to the drop pods when that spirit showed up in the hanger.

He hit the door release and stepped out of the pod, retrieving his Assault Rifle and his gear bag. He had no idea where he was.

Ty flipped his comm on.

"This is Sgt. MacMillan, I've dropped onto the planets surface at an unknown location, I'm in need of an Evac or a vehicle drop, is there anyone on this frequency? I'm lighting up my I.F.F. tag."

Ty leaned against the pod, he might be there awhile.

"Got it," Ty said, thrown off by the sudden response, "I'm not exactly going anywhere... and I'm not really in any danger..."

Almost on cue, a plasma bolt slammed into the pod. Ty jumped to the other side and hunkered down.

"Scratch that! I'm in danger! Need evac ASAP!"

Ty turned and fired toward the direction of the shot. He'd need to hold out for a bit.

Bauer moved quickly behind cover and took shots at the driver with his DMR.

Seeing this as ineffective he began thinking of ways to sabotage the revenant.

He quickly picked up the plasma pistol laying near a dead grunt and charged it up.

Jumping out of cover he let the bolt loose and it struck the revanant, temporarily disabling it.

"Jacob see if you can finish it off!!!"

Ty reloaded his AR. He'd never had to use it this much before. The Covies were throwing a lot of troops at him.

He paused, remembering a lecture at the Academy. Covenant S and D squads were ten troops max, there were at least a Platoon's worth Ahead of him, and most weren't attacking him. To his surprise, he saw a group of Elites to his right, running past him and ignoring him completely.

They were running from something.

Ty stopped firing.... they weren't firing back. Why had they stopped?

His comm made him jump.

"Sgt. MacMillan, this is Archangel 1-4. We see your IFF, coming in for a pick up, how copy?"

"Solid copy, Archangel. Good to see you, over."

The pelican slid down and hovered nearby. Ty grabbed his gear and jogged over. he hopped in and stowed his gear, grabbing his Scope Lens.

"I'm in let's RTB!"

"Got it. well be back at the base in about 15 minutes."

Ty peered through his scope. What on earth could make the covenant run like that?

He saw a silhouette near his pod, he zoomed in on it.

"What the hell?!" Ty went over to the Cockpit. "Hey, are you seeing those zombie things?"

"The Flood you mean? yeah, you could say i've seen them."

"The Flood? You mean the Parasite from the Installation 04 Incident?"

"The very same."

"S--- man, I did NOT sign up to fight a Zombie Apocalypse..."

"No one did, but were stuck with it."

"No way man... I'm not doing this!"

"Oh, Grow a pair... you're the sorriest excuse for a Helljumper I've ever seen..."

Ty tried to respond, but couldn't. The pilot was right, The way he was talking would shame even the newest recruit. He have to face it anyway, There was no way off planet.

Ty walked over to his bag and grabbed his cigar.

"Everyone has to cope someway, right?" he joked to himself.

"Control this is Archangel 1-4, we are RTB. ETA 10 minutes. Tell Cortez we found his new boy. over."

"Cortez?" Ty thought "Damn it, I'll never hear the end of this..."

Being on standby was the worst experience for any grunt; ODSTs, Marines, Spartans or otherwise, no one liked waiting for anything. So when the call came through to stand down, Terminal Lance Corporal Ashley Soto had been more than disappointed--she had been teased. She had to put her armor away while she was still wired for a fight, which wasn't a good feeling, and afterward she couldn't think of anything else but burning off her adrenaline.

War Games wasn't exactly a kosher zone for ODSTs, and she lacked clearance for any of the regular simulations on Requiem's facilities, so she settled for an energy draining jog around the compound. She was gunning for her third time around when she had to stop for a breather near the motorpool, just a stone's throw from the armory., sweat subtly drenching her tank top, matting her hair. Her sweatpants were starting to come undone at the ankles where she had tyed some parachord to keep from tripping over them.

As she knelt down to retie the makeshift laces, she noted the coming and going of dropships from the viewport. New personnel likely, well newer than her anyway. She had arrived only two days ago and found nothing but boredom. She hadn't even been assigned to a squad yet. If anything explained the constant presence of a datapad on her person, it was awaiting word of official assignment.

"Any day now," she muttered between exhausted breaths.

Sgt, Tyler "Ty" MacMillan, 3rd ODST's "Dead Drop Brigade". Requiem Firebase.

Ty hopped off the pelican and walked over toward the Mess hall, hoping to get his first meal in a while.

"And where do you think you're going MacMillan?"

Cortez's voice stopped Ty in his Tracks.

"Uh, S-Sir! I w-was headed to the m-mess for some food Sir!" Ty stammered.

"W-w-well PRIVATE! you'd better rethink that." Cortez mocked him. "I gave you specific orders to meet the squad in the south pod bay in the Infinity. Where did you end up?"

"T-The north pod bay..." Ty's voice trailed off.

"What was that?"

"The north pod bay sir!"

"Right, right. I'm assuming you learned how to use a compass in basic, so you just decided to disobey orders. right?"

"B-but I-I..."

"I'm not interested in an excuse kid. now double time to the Armory. You're on weapons maintenance 'till lights out. you get me son?"

"Yes..."

"yes what?"

"Yes. Sir."

"Good. Dismissed"

Ty trudged off to the Armory.

"I shoulda joined the air force..." He muttered.

Ashley had heard most of the exchange, cringing at the superior's raised voice, grateful that she wasn't in the Private's position. The ODST getting the chewing of his day was most definitely at fault. North and south...two totally opposite things...but in space?

She shook her head, rubbing the scar on her right shoulder in thought. As soon as this Cortez was out of sight, she managed to follow up with the Private...no, Sergeant, jogging beside him and matching his pace. "First day onboard and you're already getting your *** in the fire, huh?" she joked.

Following along, she held out a hand. "Lance Corporal Soto, 105th Shock Division, 7th Battalion."