Halo 4 Forum Role-Play

Surveillance

Murphy lay still briefly after the crash, he had no idea where he was.

He was buried beneath a pile of wreckage and could not move much.

He began to slowly push the pieces away from him, one by one.

He suddenly stopped. Two voices came calling out, but he could not make sense of it.

"Hey, get this scrap off of me!"

He could hear foot steps and the scraping of metal.

Eventually he could see light as more of the wreckage was removed.

After the final piece, he saw an 8 foot elite looking down at him, Plasma rifle drawn.

What the elite saw startled him.

Murphy, pushed the body aside. He could the see the terrified jackals and grunts running away from the site.

He made a search, there was no trace of any other survivors.

"Anyone on this channel? Crap, looks like I'm on my own again."

An automated recording came through from his missing comrades, depicting the moments immediately after the crash.

"Well, they're not dead, that's a start. I just hope they can stand a covenant interrogation."

He erased the original beacon message and made a new one.

It gave detailed information of the status of the infinity and orders to destroy it.

When Anton landed, he stayed there for hours. Then finally some Spartan picked him up and put him in his helmet. "You're... a Spartan II? How-" Anton started.

"Just show me where to go." The Spartan interrupted.

"Half a klick north. We need to get Avictus and his team out. Can you handle an entire base?"

"That's nothing." The Spartan finished.

Half a Kilometre later...

When they got to the base it was swarming with Covenant. The Spirit and the Vampire were on fire and grounded. The Spartan sneaked into the camp and got 2 shotguns and put them where his pistols were supposed to be, and grabbed a Sniper Rifle and an SMG. Then he noticed Murphy.

"Follow me. I've got Anton in my helmet. Don't ask any questions. Just armor up and lock-and-load." The Spartan said quickly. "Let's save Avictus."

"Hello Murphy!" Anton said.

"Avictus first. He is in the camp. And also, back in the Human-Covenant War, most of us had to settle on grunt meat." The Spartan said. Then he took out his combat knife and cut open a grunt. He pulled off his helmet and took a bite. "Want some?" He said as he handed the meat to Murphy. "My name is Jacob."

Before any response came he dashed off into the camp.

((I had to control Lenard's character for a few posts))

Jacob Smith (Sierra 278): covenant base: 04:00 (military time)

The spartan II began to search the base for avictus. An elite was around the next corner, Jacob got his knife and went for the silent kill. The elite stood no chance, he didn't even see Jacob coming. Jacob noticed that the base was strangely inactive, maybe most were sleeping. As he rounded the next few corners, fighting a few grunts quietly, he saw the place they would most likely keep a POW (prisoner of war). It is one of the few places with activity this early in the morning. As he went to kill the first guard he noticed something, the security was kinda loose. He got in to the holding cell.

"Anton, I need you to deactivate the shields holding avictus. I'll have to put you in the covenant system, try not to get taken." Jacob said.

((Thanks for doing the intro halo geek, was kinda busy))

Jacob thought quickly and used a frag to push two back, and jumped out of the way of the other. He shot the brute he dodged in the head, nocking off the helmet. He then hit the brute with the but of his battle rifle, needing to reload. The fight lasted a few minutes, and Jacob took a hit or two. The hits were non critical

"We need to go, now!" Jacob yelled.

The brute followed, but Jacob stuck it with a few plasma grenades he found. While the brute was weak, he shot it in the head. He then took the hammer from the body, using it to make sure the brute was dead.

"They know we're here now, Anton is there a place we can go for now?"

Delreuse followed the mysterious spartan, he hadn't said a word apart from orders and one word answers.

"There's the hangar, if we can get in, we may be able to hop in a Sabre." Pointed out Delreuse

"Yeah, there's also a lot of enemies, it seems like a free for all."

At that point, three Promethean knights teleported into the hangar, joining the fray, they deployed watchers who began to teleport more Prometheans in and build turrets. They seemed to be fighting only one side of elites, the ones with symbols on their chest plates.

"Guess we know who are the Arbiters guys"

"I think they're too busy at each others throats to notice us or care. We may be able to sneak around, cover to cover and get in the Fighter. That would be the hard part. I have a Hologram so I may be able to use that if we are cornered."

"Sounds like a plan, we need to wait until the hunters are down. Then we stand a chance."

"Agreed" said the soldier, pulling out a grenade launcher. He fired the grenade at the feet if a hunter, waited for the other to join it, and detonated. They fell to the floor in a spray of orange goo.

"When I give the signal, let's go"

He counted on his fingers, 3...2...1. Go.

They sprinted into the hangar and took cover behind a long-dead pelican. The spartan sent out a hologram the way they came as they sprinted behind some crates, repeating the process until they were climbing in the cockpit.

"Do you know how to fly this thing?"

"A little"

"Is that a no?"

"Yeah"

So he has a sense of humour then thought James as the craft took off, attracting stray plasma fire. They flew through the sky, dodging missiles and needles until they were out of the battleground.

"Hey, we need to get to Charlie base, you know the way?"

"Yeah"

The aircraft screamed away as more ships converged on Infinity. She was no longer a Warship, but war zone.