Upcoming Update Wishlist: How Important is the update to you?

SatanicBagels

Upcoming Updates  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How important is the January update to you?

• I won't play the game unless they bring major changes.
    • I will continue playing but still think that major changes are needed.
    • I don't think major changes are needed and will keep playing.
    • Indifferent... I'll keep playing either way.

1. Team Doubles, muliteam, rumble pit, big team objective, snipers, KOH, and others added to playlist.
  2. Ranked and social playlists
  3. Make the few small changes to balance the OP weapons
  4. More maps (though I suppose map packs will take care of this)
  5. Penalty for quitting.

These are the things I hope for and even a few will make me happ as its shows they are going in the right direction with the game.

Guess we shall wait and see....

My wish list for the update:

1. Nerf the Boltshot or if it stays the same, remove it from the secondary weapons options.

2. Unveil the ranking system/Separate Ranked and Social playlists

3. Implement the playlists of Team Snipers, Team Doubles, MLG

There goes most of the problems just in those 3 things.

I think the DMR and BOLT SHOT need to be tweaked or made into Ordinance drops. Currently they are way to powerful.

Go play CTF and you will see the proof that this needs to happen. Why CTF?

No personal ordinance drops and very few map ordinance drops in CTF, this results in a large majority using DMR and BOLT SHOT the entire match.

Attacking the enemy flag? DMR.

Defending your teams flag? BOLTSHOT.

I doubt 343i is going to be adding any more new playlists besides Snipers, Dubs, and Grifball. They really do need to make ranked and social playlists. This worked so well back in Halo 3 and 343i needs to take a good hard look at how Bungie made Halo 3 successful.

The boltshot needs to be nerfed so it CAN'T kill outside of melee range and the DMR needs a damage nerf at longer ranges

I doubt 343i is going to be adding any more new playlists besides Snipers, Dubs, and Grifball. They really do need to make ranked and social playlists. This worked so well back in Halo 3 and 343i needs to take a good hard look at how Bungie made Halo 3 successful.

The boltshot needs to be nerfed so it CAN'T kill outside of melee range and the DMR needs a damage nerf at longer ranges

As much as a despise the DMR, it does not make a lick of sense to reduce its damage at longer ranges. The gun is intended to be a long range weapon. It does need a reduction in aim assist and rate of fire.

I liked the last 5 spartan ops, but I would be thrilled if they had a bigger variety of maps in them. It was just a little disappointing, but not a major thing for me. Team Snipes would be great to have back too.

As for new things, Grifball and Forge Maps are a must. I voted that I didn't think major changes were necessary, but I suppose that depends what you define major as. Grifball has been in every other Halo and is already a gametype--I don't think add it is major. And Forge Maps were in Reach, so adding those now that we've had months to make them isn't too major either.

Flood is disappointing in some ways, but over-all I rather like it. The main problem I have is the same as with any mode--everyone's consoles have some ping, so events are seen SLIGHTLY differently, but the laggers and teleporters events seem to be favored. There are people in Flood that are just ABSURDLY laggy and it's impossible to avoid them.

EDIT: I don't think the DMR or the Boltshot or any of the weapons I've seen complained about need any sort of redo. The only one I'd worry about is the covenant carbine--it doesn't seem to have any strengths, just weaknesses. It seems to fire a bit faster, but if its spread and damage are worse, that really nulls that out and then some.