Check out these Race Tracks

DarkStar

Howdy Im DarkStar. I run a halo Racing League with my partner XreignZ Called Outlaw Racing League. He and I have loads of race maps in our file shares. Be warned they are made for league competition, with race officials, who will be counting laps manfully (AHHHHEMMM, maybe help us out with that 343) This means alot of them wont be set up for the unofficial race game type.

My Gamertag is DARKSTAR o72

His is XreignZ

Send either of us a message saying you want to download our maps and we will reply back so you can get to our file shares, since there is no file share support yet (AHHHHHHHEEEEEMMM! Help us out 243)

Here is a video to help get you in the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWG4urBy-kc

• Like 3

The first guy to ever spend time showing me how to forge finally joins the site. Guys I don't personally like to race flat skill based maps but Darkstar072 is an amazing racetrack maker. He started this league almost 2 years ago and I know a few racers who race it religiously. I can guarantee a good time but don't be cocky. Just when you think you are a good racer they will be lapping you. They take this very seriously(while laughing the whole time) and actually do hundreds of practice laps before each big race. Check it out and be featured on youtube as placing first, if your good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we played a custom race map last night that featured a king of the hill type scoring system, it got the "wheels turning" in my head to work out a solution to the gametype issue that is a current plague to the league. The obvious problem with the king of the hill lap tracking likely comes down to two issues.

1) A person could camp on the lap line and earn additional laps.

2) Once first place has crossed the finish line, effectively fulfilling the max "Hill Time", play ends and no other players have the ability to "Place" appropriately.

I offer this suggestion as a potential solution knowing that I'm not seasoned in the gametype but hoping to support the cause. If this doesn't work out and it's best just to have a moderator, then so be it. No worries. Below though, is my thoughts on a solution.

1) All maps should impliment or be designed with a standard lap line that consists of a KoH box only large enough to count 1 second for each driver when crossing. Gravity zones should be doubled or tripled in order to ensure that no driver can camp on or back into the line. This may offer a lap line speed boost to the mongoose, which would be considered standard because it effects all racers invloved. The alternative to this would be an elevation drop where the KoH box lives so that no driver can physically get back into the box once they've crossed the line. The gravity zone idea seems the most easily implimented idea since it could be applied to current circuit maps. It may be necessary to impliment a combination of both ideas as a standard in order to make the system really work.

2) All maps should include a small pit area found somewhere just after the lap line where racers could pit in order of finish. If this is not possible for a current circuit map, then a solid area for all "Placed" racers to form a tight line to the side could work as well. All racers would "Pit" at one lap shy of the KoH second total. IE: 9 laps for a 10 second KoH win variant. This would allow all racers to fully finish in appropriate order without supervision. In the case of photo-finishes, any racers disputing their finishing place should line up side-by-side in the pit area to designate a placement contention. The ruling could then be finalized in the theater.

I really hope that these suggestions can either influence or directly form a solution to the necessary moderator position issues during current races. Good luck working out a viable solution since 343 doesn't yet seem interested in offering up a solid gametype. Forge-on!

UPDATE: I eagerly tried this out once I got home today. Easier said than done. Not sure why the gravity zone just slows a mongoose down instead of multiplying its speed. Regardless, I haven't given up yet and will be attempting to work out a system. Come find me if you're on tonight ORL peeps.

• Like 1

What you are suggesting is actually really close to the way people are doing it. Instead of gravity zones they use one way shields usually it takes 5 of them placed about 1 unit apart. Passing through them slows the driver down long enough for a point to be scored on the hill. The problem we have with that in the ORL is that all drivers need to be on the same team, or more than one driver passing through the hill at the same time will cause the hill to be contested and none of them will score a lap. Also with all the drivers on the same team it is very difficult to tell them apart, both in game, and when doing a race coverage video. It makes more sense to us to just race in a FFA slayer game type, and have race officials count the laps. I have actually been using a stop watch, to count laps and record lap times. So far it is working ok, but we all really miss the race game type.

Dark Star.

I like all the race map you created. I only watch in YouTube never played it. You never deal with teleport.

I got some race map that I created on my own.

Can you take a look if you like it.

Gamer age: ProCJ BOND007

Map name: SPACEDRIFT.

We do reviews on our youtube channel. All maps that get submitted get reviewed. Send a message to the OutlawRacingLeague channel with the subject Xreviews.

here is a link for easy access http://www.youtube.com/user/OutlawRacingLeague/feed

What you are suggesting is actually really close to the way people are doing it. Instead of gravity zones they use one way shields usually it takes 5 of them placed about 1 unit apart. Passing through them slows the driver down long enough for a point to be scored on the hill. The problem we have with that in the ORL is that all drivers need to be on the same team, or more than one driver passing through the hill at the same time will cause the hill to be contested and none of them will score a lap. Also with all the drivers on the same team it is very difficult to tell them apart, both in game, and when doing a race coverage video. It makes more sense to us to just race in a FFA slayer game type, and have race officials count the laps. I have actually been using a stop watch, to count laps and record lap times. So far it is working ok, but we all really miss the race game type.

I'm sur ethat you know what you are talking about here, but when I was messing with the custom game settings for king of the hill the other day, it allowed me to turn teams off and set the counter to include everyone in the hill instead of just one person. We can take a quick look back at this later if you feel like it. Otherwise, keep getting your stop watch on!

• 1 year later...

Very Nice!  I never new KSI Milk Man forged a warthog track.  I myself am going to start forging GP's or Rally Cross maps.  Ironically I never liked them before, but know they kind of grew on me and since my forging skill is way up, I think I could pull off a few hits in the Grand Pre Region.